Hobbs, NM Man Accused Of Murdering St...

Hobbs, NM Man Accused Of Murdering Stepfather

There are 35 comments on the KMID story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Hobbs, NM Man Accused Of Murdering Stepfather. In it, KMID reports that:

A Hobbs, NM man is accused of killing his stepfather. Hobbs Police say Keith Haney shot his stepfather -- Frankie Vine -- during an argument at a home in the 600 block of South Dal Paso Street around 12:25 PM Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMID.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tracy

Hobbs, NM

#21 Aug 31, 2012
You don't know someone until you live with them.
Eddie gonzalez

Lovington, NM

#22 Sep 1, 2012
Kieth is my friend ive known him for years. We went to school together played video games watched movies. Drank beers. Hes a good friend it sucks to find out what happened. Hes whole family was awsome especially keith and thomas.
tracy

Hobbs, NM

#23 Sep 1, 2012
HOUSTONBOUND wrote:
if tracy loved him why didnt she try to encourge him to do RIGHT he wasnt suppose to be n hobbs,nm any way. Most want the best for those they love not drugs,etc and it sound like alot of this was going on IJS.....
Good question. I'm guessing you think that you know this man. You just don't know anyone until you've lived with them. And even then, only what they want you to know. The truth can be shocking.
Angie Speed

Sheldon, IA

#24 Sep 5, 2012
WHAT ABOUT WHEN HE MURDERED MY SON 8 YRS AGO???!!!
LNe Kirkes wrote:
regardless of the MANY COMPLICATED reasons behind the shooting, this is, simply said, a FUCKED UP TRAGEDY(i am talking to you thedeserthighwayband).
Heather is completely right about how the views change when you know the circumstances behind the act (and Heather i love you for proudly standing by KC.) For people who are ignorant to go off half-cocked threatening of revenge, etc.....why is it so important now because i was around to witness that neither frankie when alive nor tracy when he was locked up were important enough to bother with checking up on much less take action to lessen their burdens when it mattered oh so much more...
While KC and Thomas may not be my biological sons, I could not love them any more than if they were. They will always have my love and support for the asking and taking.
KC my baby, I am SO SORRY I didn't get you out. I love you yesterday, now, always. no matter what
everyone trying to place blame and hatred please remember that this family is going through hell. in one day, regardless of what us on the outside thought about frankie, tracy lost her husband and her child. she needs support compassion and love.
thomas lost his brother, keith lost his son. KC's aunt's uncle's and cousin's and lost another precious member of their family. and i am sure frankie's sister and daughter at least must be going through this also. so please respect the multitude of this grief and leave them alone
Angie Speed Milford Ia

Sheldon, IA

#25 Sep 5, 2012
He MURDERED my son Wayne Jolliffe 8 yrs ago ANYONE REMEMBER THAT???!!!! He got away with Murder once I hope he fries this time!
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#26 Sep 5, 2012
Angie Speed Milford Ia wrote:
He MURDERED my son Wayne Jolliffe 8 yrs ago ANYONE REMEMBER THAT???!!!! He got away with Murder once I hope he fries this time!
angie, of course i remember wayne. and while am i completely sympthetic to your pain and sorrow, i will not stand idly by and let you drag kc's name through the mud on that issue. you have the right to your opinions and beliefs but you DO NOT have the legal right to slander him.
please believe me that i am oh so sorry for your loss. wayne will never be out of my heart or memory.
please try to remember another mother and wife is reading this, ok?
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#27 Sep 5, 2012
i didn't mean to come across as cruel or harsh but you KNOW that is not what happened. and to say that is what happened is starting fires that DO NOT NEED TO BE STARTED. and i will report it. i am sorry for your loss and pain but don't be putting stuff in print that you know isn't the truth
tiff

Hobbs, NM

#29 Sep 13, 2012
realityfreak wrote:
Good riddance. Keith should be given a medal.
really? who are you to judge? since u think he should be given a medal tell me who u are, and should he be given a medal for killing a kid over drugs 7 years ago?
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#30 Sep 23, 2012
tiff wrote:
<quoted text> really? who are you to judge? since u think he should be given a medal tell me who u are, and should he be given a medal for killing a kid over drugs 7 years ago?
wow....wow...wow...i do not think i WILL EVER forget that night so long ago but burned in my brain forever. gone..the looks of joy shared over a guitar from a beautiful innocent boy gone in one instant...GONE..the innocence of two other beautiful BOYS, also in an instant...all through these postings i wondered; when would this come up knowing inevitibly it would be dredging up the heartbreak from every possible angle. to say that there was sheer stupidity and horrifyly tragic luck with the worst possible outcome would be putting it lightly but wow...wow....wow...the suppositions and the running off at the mouth when you know it to be ABSOLUTELY NOT THE TRUTH well...I can't even muster any anger. I am completely heartbroken. To everyone out there, oh my god...i am saying this with every bit of my being. I have never in my life seen a family suffer so much. Please stop. This is not a game.
Carlos Spicyweiner
#31 Sep 23, 2012
It's funny how people say that this family has suffered so much. While I agree that this may be true, their suffering is no different than the suffering of any other family with a similar experience. Besides, I heard that they were both druggies. One druggie kills another druggie, sounds like population control to me. Happens all the time.
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#32 Sep 24, 2012
Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:
It's funny how people say that this family has suffered so much. While I agree that this may be true, their suffering is no different than the suffering of any other family with a similar experience. Besides, I heard that they were both druggies. One druggie kills another druggie, sounds like population control to me. Happens all the time.
you heard....and that person heard.....and so on...without being in the thick of things you can NOT understand. i am not saying that their suffering is greater than or less than or equal to other families suffering; i am saying it deserves the SAME RESPECT. All I am asking is please understand that their are innocent family members STRUGGLING to make sense of their worlds being shattered that DONT DO DRUGS having to read this nonsense. The 'druggie' that 'killed' the other 'druggie'? Well, sadly, neither one can read all of this crap because one is behind bars and the other is dead!!! So the people who are reading it are innocent people who are trying to cope with losing family members and deal with public outrage over stuff they 'heard'. Population control?? I thought that once upon a time also....when I was young and did not know any better and life had not chewed me up and spit me out. The morality of public outrage....wow...

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#33 Sep 6, 2013
I was so sad when I heard about this. If you know KC you know KC is a sweet, kind, polite, quiet, funny, helpful, gentle and kind young man! My prayers go out to KC and all who are hurting!
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#34 Sep 6, 2013
thank you so much for your kind words....and for such a heartfelt depiction of the KC I know so well. And as there was and still is pain for every party involved thank you for your prayers which are now added to mine.
Sharlit Baknes

Mountain View, CA

#35 May 27, 2015
concerned Hobbs citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was not implying anything. Just using an example.
It amazes me just how easily people are offended. You seem to think that I should know that one guy was married to the other guy's mom. I assure you that I did not know and did not care.
People amaze me. Just because John Q. Public did not learn about these people as required reading in college, you jump at every opportunity to take your hurt out on everyone. I do sympathize for the family, but one fact remains clear and unavoidable: unless the shooter was in fear of imminent death and acting in self-defense he needs to go away for a very long time.
Welcome to The United States of The Offended.
I agree wholeheartedly. The only time I see death at the hands of someone else understandable is when you or someone else is in imminent danger of death or severe harm. Otherwise it's an act of passion. There's no justification other than in the moment your emotions took over. Sympathies to the family.
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#36 May 28, 2015
Sharlit Baknes wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly. The only time I see death at the hands of someone else understandable is when you or someone else is in imminent danger of death or severe harm. Otherwise it's an act of passion. There's no justification other than in the moment your emotions took over. Sympathies to the family.
With all respect, it is very easy to have an "armchair discussion" over something....judge it according to your morays and principals...when you are distanced from the facts - ones usually not released to the public. How do you know what he was thinking when this happened? Do you know him? Have you TALKED to him? I am not disagreeing with what you said. It just breaks my heart that you or anyone else can just flippantly condemn him without knowing the true full story which is NOT mine to tell. But....I will defend KC's name...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lovington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 8 hr wikileaks 10,008
Tell it to me straight Thu Gobble Gobble 14
Guidance Center of Lea County shut down Nov 20 Not 3
Prison gone wrong Nov 19 Ms W 33
Good vs Evil Nov 18 Meat 2
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Nov 15 Demo Rats 7
Relocating to Hobbs (Sep '11) Nov 9 Someone 29

Lovington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance