Hobbs, NM Man Accused Of Murdering Stepfather

Aug 24, 2012 Full story: KMID 33

A Hobbs, NM man is accused of killing his stepfather. Hobbs Police say Keith Haney shot his stepfather -- Frankie Vine -- during an argument at a home in the 600 block of South Dal Paso Street around 12:25 PM Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
realityfreak

San Antonio, TX

#1 Aug 25, 2012
Good riddance. Keith should be given a medal.

Since: Aug 12

Bellevue, WA

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Drove by and saw the forensic people there, figured it was another shooting. Most shootings in Hobbs are because of drugs but don't know either of these people. Could be anything...

Since: Aug 12

Bellevue, WA

#3 Aug 25, 2012
Most shootings in Hobbs are because of drugs or drug money.

Since: Aug 12

Bellevue, WA

#4 Aug 25, 2012
Sorry about the double post, didn't act like it was going to post.
Whitney

Hurst, TX

#5 Aug 26, 2012
An that's y Keith lost his life too an yea Yea Keith gone get the medal....(In Jail) lol...
realityfreak wrote:
Good riddance. Keith should be given a medal.
Heather

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Aug 26, 2012
KC is my younger cousin, and I changed his diapers when he was a baby, I love him and I always will. His brother Thomas is heart broken. The Vine family wanted nothing to do with Frankie when he was alive and now want revenge? What the hell is that? This whole thing just SUCKS! I think the world is short one more Pimp, Drug dealing loser, and my family is without another son cousin, nephew and brother. I want nothing more than to hug both of my cousins until their ribs hurt. It's interesting how our views change about people who kill someone change when we really know the circumstances and know the person behind the act. I love KC, and I stand behind him.
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#7 Aug 26, 2012
regardless of the MANY COMPLICATED reasons behind the shooting, this is, simply said, a FUCKED UP TRAGEDY(i am talking to you thedeserthighwayband).
Heather is completely right about how the views change when you know the circumstances behind the act (and Heather i love you for proudly standing by KC.) For people who are ignorant to go off half-cocked threatening of revenge, etc.....why is it so important now because i was around to witness that neither frankie when alive nor tracy when he was locked up were important enough to bother with checking up on much less take action to lessen their burdens when it mattered oh so much more...
While KC and Thomas may not be my biological sons, I could not love them any more than if they were. They will always have my love and support for the asking and taking.
KC my baby, I am SO SORRY I didn't get you out. I love you yesterday, now, always. no matter what
everyone trying to place blame and hatred please remember that this family is going through hell. in one day, regardless of what us on the outside thought about frankie, tracy lost her husband and her child. she needs support compassion and love.
thomas lost his brother, keith lost his son. KC's aunt's uncle's and cousin's and lost another precious member of their family. and i am sure frankie's sister and daughter at least must be going through this also. so please respect the multitude of this grief and leave them alone
HOUSTONBOUND

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 27, 2012
Heather wrote:
KC is my younger cousin, and I changed his diapers when he was a baby, I love him and I always will. His brother Thomas is heart broken. The Vine family wanted nothing to do with Frankie when he was alive and now want revenge? What the hell is that? This whole thing just SUCKS! I think the world is short one more Pimp, Drug dealing loser, and my family is without another son cousin, nephew and brother. I want nothing more than to hug both of my cousins until their ribs hurt. It's interesting how our views change about people who kill someone change when we really know the circumstances and know the person behind the act. I love KC, and I stand behind him.
HEATHER WOW!WHY LIE ON THE DECEASE AND BASH HIM HAS HE NOT PAID WITH LIFE JUDGE YE NOT SAY THE LORD!
Heather

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Aug 27, 2012
Well said, LNe! I want to amend my previous post. I was coming from a place of Anger,Sadness and Fear for my family last night. Now, I'm more sad than anything else. Frankie had his faults, but my Aunt Tracy loved him DESPERATELY and he must have deserved it. Regardless of that, he was a human being and absolutely DID NOT deserve to die the way that he did. I'm not condoning KC's actions. I still stand behind him, even though I disagree with what he chose to do. What makes this SO tragic, is that it was SO AVOIDABLE! I think back to so many simple little choices that could have led to outcomes and endings that were astronomical for all the players in this drama. To everyone who lost a loved one in this horrible situation, my heart is with you. I pray that the rest of us make better choices than the YEARS of BAD CHOICES and WRONG TURNS that got everyone here. I hope the lessons are learned this time.
shakki vine

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 28, 2012
Frankie is my cuzin

Since: Aug 12

Bellevue, WA

#11 Aug 28, 2012
shakki vine wrote:
Frankie is my cuzin
What exactly is a "cuzin"?
concerned Hobbs citizen

Bellevue, WA

#12 Aug 28, 2012
Don't care about the reasons why. People justify this kind of crap in a lot of different ways but in the end it's always senseless.
My philosophy is simple: I wouldn't shoot anyone who isn't posing a direct threat to my life or the lives of my family. If some guy is boning my woman, I'll dump her and he can keep her. Not gonna go kill the guy for it. Not worth being locked up because of the stupidity of another person.
shakki vine

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Aug 28, 2012
thedeserthighwayband wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is a "cuzin"?
Cousin
LNe Kirkes

Haskell, TX

#14 Aug 28, 2012
to the "concerned hobbs citizen": surely you are not implying that this was over frankie 'boning' kc's woman??? frankie was married to kc's mother!!! there is no justification going on. to those of us on the inside, it was a senseless fucking tragedy. if you don't what led up to this heartbreak, maybe the allknowing suppositions should be held a little closer to your mouth to where the family members who are truly suffering do not have to read your shit. so you don't care about the reasons why? ok, you are allowed to your opinion but there are people's hearts breaking tonight and the nights to come on both sides of this mess so unless you walk a mile, don't judge
realitycheck

Hobbs, NM

#15 Aug 29, 2012
so what were they feuding about???
concerned Hobbs citizen

Bellevue, WA

#16 Aug 29, 2012
LNe Kirkes wrote:
to the "concerned hobbs citizen": surely you are not implying that this was over frankie 'boning' kc's woman??? frankie was married to kc's mother!!! there is no justification going on. to those of us on the inside, it was a senseless fucking tragedy. if you don't what led up to this heartbreak, maybe the allknowing suppositions should be held a little closer to your mouth to where the family members who are truly suffering do not have to read your shit. so you don't care about the reasons why? ok, you are allowed to your opinion but there are people's hearts breaking tonight and the nights to come on both sides of this mess so unless you walk a mile, don't judge
No, I was not implying anything. Just using an example.
It amazes me just how easily people are offended. You seem to think that I should know that one guy was married to the other guy's mom. I assure you that I did not know and did not care.
People amaze me. Just because John Q. Public did not learn about these people as required reading in college, you jump at every opportunity to take your hurt out on everyone. I do sympathize for the family, but one fact remains clear and unavoidable: unless the shooter was in fear of imminent death and acting in self-defense he needs to go away for a very long time.
Welcome to The United States of The Offended.
HOUSTONBOUND

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 31, 2012
if tracy loved him why didnt she try to encourge him to do RIGHT he wasnt suppose to be n hobbs,nm any way. Most want the best for those they love not drugs,etc and it sound like alot of this was going on IJS.....
Sue

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Aug 31, 2012
It's a tragedy all round. Nobody deserves to die young, and nobody deserves to spend their life in prison. This is an old story of people who are desperate for love and don't know where to find it.

It's an old story of families neglecting their own, because they can't take the responsibility of someone else's misery. It's the old story of fear tied up with love, and divided loyalty, and toxic shame, and a need for everything that is bad in their lives to just go away.

There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't want and need love. With it, every person is OK.

The players in this tragedy just couldn't find it, or they'd had it taken from them by force a long, long time ago.
ash

Hobbs, NM

#19 Aug 31, 2012
HOUSTONBOUND wrote:
if tracy loved him why didnt she try to encourge him to do RIGHT he wasnt suppose to be n hobbs,nm any way. Most want the best for those they love not drugs,etc and it sound like alot of this going on IJS.....
he was a man so u can tell u love what there going to do right wow dont know how u do that
tracy

Hobbs, NM

#20 Aug 31, 2012
Sue wrote:
It's a tragedy all round. Nobody deserves to die young, and nobody deserves to spend their life in prison. This is an old story of people who are desperate for love and don't know where to find it.
It's an old story of families neglecting their own, because they can't take the responsibility of someone else's misery. It's the old story of fear tied up with love, and divided loyalty, and toxic shame, and a need for everything that is bad in their lives to just go away.
There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't want and need love. With it, every person is OK.
The players in this tragedy just couldn't find it, or they'd had it taken from them by force a long, long time ago.
I think u r very wise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lovington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Dec 26 angeltears 8,587
Welding Trucks Being Stolen?? Dec 21 Concerned Welder 3
Lea County number 1 in New Mexico for smoking (Dec '09) Dec 17 Demerii 26
Chief of Police J.D. Sanders (Aug '08) Dec 2 Not Blind 360
Chris Hood (Jul '14) Nov '14 Friend 3
Murder investigation underway in Hobbs Nov '14 Concerned 2
LCCF Geo Group Correctional Facility Corruption (Dec '13) Nov '14 camileigh 7
Lovington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lovington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lovington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lovington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:13 am PST

NBC Sports 3:13AM
Jerry Jones: No one knows what worries me about Dez Bryant contract
Bleacher Report 4:05 AM
Murray, Dez Setting Tone for Cowboys' Playoff Run
Yahoo! Sports 7:28 AM
Bills quarterback Orton retires
Yahoo! Sports 7:28 AM
Bills quarterback Orton retires
Bleacher Report 7:33 AM
NFL End-of-Season Knee-Jerk Reactions