Lea County deputy arrested in child s...

Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

There are 5584 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Mel

Amarillo, TX

#4529 May 8, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
The fact that Danny's arrest was not published in Illinois, is the reason I had no idea about it until I found that link. I would have known if it had been because I am a news junkie. I watch and read news and documentaries and true crime all the time.

The little girl that Dick has allegedly molested, reported it to her school counselor, they in turn contacted CPS, who contacted the police.
That's good that CPS there didn't take it as a joke. NM CPS doesn't care of any type of abuse! They slap you on the hand and turn their heads and go on. There has been many children here killed after CPS were involved. It's so heart breaking :(
Mel

Amarillo, TX

#4530 May 8, 2012
I'm not tryin to justify any actions of anyone so please no one take it like I am. I'm tryin to get some info to help be better understand all of this.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#4531 May 8, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! Hope you are feeling better today!
And although you are in OKC posting, your location always shows Springfield, IL.
But I think that is because you are a registered topix user and that is what you listed as your home town right?
Yes, I put Springfield, IL as my hometown when I registered. I imagine if you do not put anything in, it will put the town you are posting in. Before I registered and when I posted from work, it put Tulsa, OK because that is my company's main office and where my IP address is registered.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4532 May 8, 2012
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good that CPS there didn't take it as a joke. NM CPS doesn't care of any type of abuse! They slap you on the hand and turn their heads and go on. There has been many children here killed after CPS were involved. It's so heart breaking :(
OMG@CPS and those poor children!!!! Unfortunately, that happens in a lot of places. And also it is the "I DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED" mentality of society these days. America has forgotten the old belief that It takes a village to raise a child.

Your question:

Were any of these brothers abused as a child in any way that you know of? Physically, mentally, or sexually? I'm trying to understand a little bit more of this situation.

The boys were raised in a home with a VERY dominant father, that had the philosophy that women are put here for the pleasure of men, to take care of the kids, the man of the house is the KING OF HIS CASTLE.

There was domestic violence in the home for years. As a matter of fact, on one occasion that I know of, Danny pulled a gun on his father and told him if he hit his mother one more time he would kill him. If I'm not mistaken, Danny was around 14 to 15 at that time.

The boys did get their butts beat, and beat good by their father. He was like his father and had a very bad temper. There was the belief spare the rod .....

Danny's sisters, one his full sister, one his half sister from his father's first marriage, both told me that they were molested by their father. It is MY BELIEF, that the boys all knew what was going on. I believe that plays a factor in the boys history of molesting girls. I'm not trying to be mean or a witch here, but they all seem to have the belief that it's OK for them to use women.

Danny's mother waited on his father hand and foot. She never drove in her life, she never worked outside of the home or had any money she could spend herself. He was in complete control of her, the children, the money, and everything else.

Now I am not saying that she didn't work her azz off cos she did. They lived on a farm and had animals, a huge garden, a houseful of kids of their own and stragglers like me too. On the weekends there was usually a house full of our relatives there. The guys working on cars, hunting, fishing, playing poker, ect.

The women looking after the kids, waiting on the men and children , cooking, doing dishes, ect.

I'm not trying to make my uncle seem like a terrible man. I'm just stating facts, and I loved him a lot and he never laid a hand on me except to spank me with his dirty hat, usually for going barefoot.

Like Danny, and the other boys, he would do anything to help people, he was funny, he worked his azz off too. He took on the role of head of the family when our grandfather died. If a family member needed help, financially or help of any kind, he never hesitated to help them.

For instance, our Uncle Duke was learning disabled, and really poor and had a passel of kids. When he became ill, my Uncle Jack drove to the nursing home weekly, made sure he had anything he needed, he paid to bury him, paid for his funeral, coffin, ect.

These men are NOT all bad, they have a LOT of wonderful qualities. But they are pedophiles. And for the sake of little girls that have been, and would be in the future, it is imperative that they are not allowed to be a part of society.

And it breaks my heart. I lived with them. Danny and his siblings were like my siblings. My Aunt Helen I loved beyond reason. Other than my grandmother she is the kindest, most loving woman I have met in my life.

Since learning of Danny's arrest I have went over our lives and childhood at least a 1000 times, and have the "if only" thoughts all the time.

I swear I am telling the truth. I still love these people, I just cannot keep my mouth shut now that I know about all these other reports and evidence that tells me he has been molesting his whole life.

Location hidden

#4533 May 8, 2012
Mel wrote:
I'm not tryin to justify any actions of anyone so please no one take it like I am. I'm tryin to get some info to help be better understand all of this.
I understand. I'm happy to have the opportunity to discuss this with you Mel.

This is an emotionally charged case. So many people have gotten hurt. And these two little girls's lives have been forever changed.

Like Bev and I have said a few times, if it hadn't happened to me, we would have been on this forum raising hell defending Danny. And that realization, makes me ashamed. Because I have met this family, and these girls. And I've seen their pain.

And I feel somewhat responsible for not only these girls, but for all of the girls these men have molested over the years. That's another one of those, If only I would have told .......... things that keep running through my head.

Logically I know that it is not my fault, but, I still have my moments.
Mel

Amarillo, TX

#4534 May 8, 2012
Thank you for responding. I know your feelings on this as well as you know mine. The reason I'm asking so many questions is my son was severally mentally abused by his "egg donor". He attended counseling up until she had t stopped. Now it's been almost 3 years and he's starting to act out, have night mares, day dreams of doing really bad things and so on and so on. We had questioning of sexually being messed with but he wouldn't talk back then and now it's been 4 years for him to have any contact with her and he doesn't remember much of over at the other house. He's now 10.

I know that any type of abuse runs so deep that it causes patterns later in life for many people.

Again thank you for answering my questions.

Location hidden

#4535 May 8, 2012
Mel wrote:
Thank you for responding. I know your feelings on this as well as you know mine. The reason I'm asking so many questions is my son was severally mentally abused by his "egg donor". He attended counseling up until she had t stopped. Now it's been almost 3 years and he's starting to act out, have night mares, day dreams of doing really bad things and so on and so on. We had questioning of sexually being messed with but he wouldn't talk back then and now it's been 4 years for him to have any contact with her and he doesn't remember much of over at the other house. He's now 10.
I know that any type of abuse runs so deep that it causes patterns later in life for many people.
Again thank you for answering my questions.
I'm so sorry to hear about your son Mel. Why in the world did she have his counseling stopped? Do you think she was afraid he may disclose something to his counselor that would get her into legal trouble?

And you're correct, it does run very deep. I myself have pushed down my memories for years, refused to face it all head on and feel the pain for a long time.

Of course there have been triggers that make me think of a certain situation, but like I said, I wouldn't allow myself to dwell on it.

I've been shocked at how I myself have been reliving things since I got involved with this case. I have nightmares, I can't sleep for long periods of time, I have terrible headaches and I relive things that happened to me.

I can even recall things that he said to me during the acts.

I've lost most of my extended family as well, because they just cannot allow themselves to believe that Danny is capable of committing crimes like this.

That's why I get so angry at times when people say I am only doing this for attention. This is not my idea of attention. I've practically become a hermit the past couple of years.

So I really hope that you will get your son back into counselling. I think if child abuse victims don't get long term professional help it just festers inside quietly until something triggers it. And then it's overwhelming.

Good luck with your child! And thank you for allowing me to explain my position and belief in a civil manner with you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4536 May 8, 2012
Jean Valjean wrote:
<quoted text> I can see your point of view but, unfortunately, when it comes to the safety and well being of our children it should be guilty until proven innocent. Children should never even remotely be put in a situation like this. This person obviously did something to put himself in this position. I will have to stand by my comment.
innocent til proven guilty n out of every child and grandchild only one person complains. I don't believe it and there is no evidence.

Location hidden

#4537 May 8, 2012
deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> innocent til proven guilty n out of every child and grandchild only one person complains. I don't believe it and there is no evidence.
He WAS proven guilty and a jury of his peers convicted him in a court of law.
Never Judge

United States

#4538 May 8, 2012
First off YES I do have dislike for simplysue because she thinks she knows everything about she gets crabby at the ones who believe in danny. Now as far as who I am I'm not having issues trying to remember who I am on what site I remain the same Veronica Never Judge. And yes my place keeps changing I have no idea y since I use the same computer in my home in the same spot but oh well the IP can be whatever I know who I am at ALL times and where I'm from.
Simplysue if u read the post correctly instead of bits and pieces and filling in U would see that the "Karma is a bitch" wasnt mentenioned by me till brought up by someone else. U r the one that keeps crying that ur threatened harassed intimidated Oh poor Brenda sue simplysue a BIG target once again. I am sad SAD for danny and for the girls to be put through all this crap.
U constantly claim people need help in reality I believe its u who needs help.

Location hidden

#4539 May 8, 2012
Never Judge wrote:
First off YES I do have dislike for simplysue because she thinks she knows everything about she gets crabby at the ones who believe in danny. Now as far as who I am I'm not having issues trying to remember who I am on what site I remain the same Veronica Never Judge. And yes my place keeps changing I have no idea y since I use the same computer in my home in the same spot but oh well the IP can be whatever I know who I am at ALL times and where I'm from.
Simplysue if u read the post correctly instead of bits and pieces and filling in U would see that the "Karma is a bitch" wasnt mentenioned by me till brought up by someone else. U r the one that keeps crying that ur threatened harassed intimidated Oh poor Brenda sue simplysue a BIG target once again. I am sad SAD for danny and for the girls to be put through all this crap.
I'm sad for Danny's girls too. But the girls that I'm most sad for are the girls he has molested. So you can say whatever you want to and continue to make little jabs about my weight like an elementary school child.

As far as you disliking me goes, I could care less. I don't know you. Your behavior on this board is what is forming the opinions that people have about you. And like I've said before, I don't believe that your name is Veronica, I SUSPECT you are Ms. Dossey. But again, I don't care who you are. It's of no significance to me. None.

I think you are a sneaky, manipulative bully and are angry and frustrated because I will not allow you, or anyone else, to back me down. I've faced and overcome much more than you will ever know. You, your biker buddies, or anyone else is going to keep me from telling what I know about Danny and his brothers.

So you continue to defend Danny, the convicted child molesting ex dirty cop, and I will continue to defend his victims, helpless young girls.

I don't believe that these two young girls, that I've grown to care for very much, will be the last ones that Danny will be charged with molesting. The investigation is still going on.

And I pray every single day that his wife, Rose, finds her azz in a cell facing a prison sentence too for her choices.

So you keep running your mouth and throwing you childish insults around. You don't phase me a bit.
Never Judge

United States

#4541 May 8, 2012
Simplysue I can admit when I am wrong Yes I could have came at u in a different way than how I did. For that yes I am sorry I apologize.
smack

Lovington, NM

#4543 May 9, 2012
deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> innocent til proven guilty n out of every child and grandchild only one person complains. I don't believe it and there is no evidence.
There was evidence! And there were lots of previous accusations that were ignored...pay attention.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#4544 May 9, 2012
Never Judge wrote:
<quoted text>See u r the one twisting my words since I didn't say Dannys girls I said Danny and the girls meaning XXXXXX I do feel really bad for all of them. And I haven't said anything about ur weight come on get real. When I say BIG I'm referring to u being the one to be claiming that people r harassing intimidaing U of all people involved u act like U r the target. I don't have biker buddies honestly I have never road on a bike other than a bicycle. No I am not Paula or sarah actually I have never met them either. Yes I am Veronica and I live in lovington all my life. I don't know who Patrick or spongebob is I only know of melissa from cactus junction. And actually to be honest I do feel sorry for u too. I also don't care if u believe who I AM since I know who I am and those that know me know who I am. I do feel bad for those who r truly molested or raped I have been molested and I know how it feels and as a kid there's no way I couldve faced that loser and said what he did to me. Now as an adult I sure can and have and I let it be known that he was not to even breathe in the direction of my kids. I did do LOTS and LOTS of research on abuse my cousins were raped and molested by their father at gun point and I was the one to be there for them I was able to get the four of them. It does irritate me that u act as if u r the only one that knows anything about abused kids and adults.
Everyone PLEASE click on the link "Report Abuse" and request this post be removed due to names.
smack

Lovington, NM

#4545 May 9, 2012
Veronica, whatever your interest is in this case you need to show some respect for the victims and not list thier names.

I dont think you were ever molested.

How did that feel? Do you like someone insinuating you are a liar? Especially about something so personal that only you know happened or not? I didnt think so.

I read that John Travolta is being accused of making some advances at some people. I love John Travolta...but my thought was that it is probably true, because why would people invent this? Of course for money, but now there are two people claiming the same thing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

And there is a lot of smoke around Danny Surratt. There is Sue, the people that reported it to LPD, a friend of one of his daughters, and the grandchildren. It's time to see it for what it is. How long are you going to live in denial?

And if you can't be respectful of the victims, dont post anything. How would you like someone posting intimate details about you or your grandkids?

Or maybe that's the problem...you are really lashing out over the patrick and spongebob theory bc we are on to something.

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#4546 May 9, 2012
Never Judge wrote:
You have the AUDACITY to say you feel sorry for Danny AND the girls in the same sentence?!? Why do you feel sorry for Danny, because he got caught??

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#4547 May 9, 2012
BevOKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone PLEASE click on the link "Report Abuse" and request this post be removed due to names.
I did already! Unfortunately I hit reply, and did not remove the names. I will report my comment as well, if I can. If not Bev, will you do it for me. Thanks!
Keep reaching

Maple Valley, WA

#4550 May 9, 2012
oops....please report my post and get it deleted. I didn't mean to quote
Never Judge

Shawnee, OK

#4551 May 9, 2012
smack wrote:
Veronica, whatever your interest is in this case you need to show some respect for the victims and not list thier names.
I dont think you were ever molested.
How did that feel? Do you like someone insinuating you are a liar? Especially about something so personal that only you know happened or not? I didnt think so.
I read that John Travolta is being accused of making some advances at some people. I love John Travolta...but my thought was that it is probably true, because why would people invent this? Of course for money, but now there are two people claiming the same thing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.
And there is a lot of smoke around Danny Surratt. There is Sue, the people that reported it to LPD, a friend of one of his daughters, and the grandchildren. It's time to see it for what it is. How long are you going to live in denial?
And if you can't be respectful of the victims, dont post anything. How would you like someone posting intimate details about you or your grandkids?
Or maybe that's the problem...you are really lashing out over the patrick and spongebob theory bc we are on to something.
oh yeah thats what it is blah blah blah. try again smack
Never Judge

Shawnee, OK

#4552 May 9, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
You low life piece of sh!t for saying names!!! You have no soul, and have proven my point over and over as to being a complete idiot!!
Names have been thrown around on this forum like if it was candy. Go ahead call me names it doesnt bother me i know who i am its u with the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lovington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will OMDP national monument survive the Trump a... 16 hr Bloodonhishands 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Feb 17 theyspiedme 8,886
McDonald paving and chipseal in trouble (Mar '11) Jan '17 Mzruth 91
Gay sexting (Oct '14) Oct '16 Crazyalien 5
New eye doctor in Lovington??? (Nov '15) Jul '16 Wounded 2
Daniel ocampo and nereida delao??? ..do u know ... (May '16) May '16 Yodaddy 1
News Eunice company alleges embezzlement by workers (Mar '10) Apr '16 Chasity 79

Lovington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lovington Mortgages