Gun instructors forced to stop teaching

Gun instructors forced to stop teaching

There are 135 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Gun instructors forced to stop teaching. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

Two concealed carry firearms instructors with the state of New Mexico have been ordered to stop teaching.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#122 Feb 8, 2009
Richard_Head wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Boo hew, you got me there, Alice.
2) You'd have to produce chronograph tests to prove your theory, but I'll do it instead:
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/45auto.htm...
Apparently, 16" barrels, which is the legal length of a carbine barrel, produce maximum results in both .45ACP and .380 Auto, with negligible increase or decrease of velocity with 18" barrels:
.45ACP:
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/45auto.htm...
.380 Auto:
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/380auto.ht...
Since their results are highly variable —what an increase in velocity, then a subsequent decrease in velocity, followed by and INCREASE of velocity, then one must call into question the results, or at least the methodology of the testing involved.

Right back at you, DICKWEED!
Steve Aikens

Clovis, NM

#123 Feb 8, 2009
So much for reaching the target audience.

This is a New Mexico problem, yet I am only the second person in NM that has posted here.

121 posts before this one and only two - from the same person - in the state.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#124 Feb 8, 2009
Steve Aikens wrote:
So much for reaching the target audience.
This is a New Mexico problem, yet I am only the second person in NM that has posted here.
121 posts before this one and only two - from the same person - in the state.
Well, Steve, it's like this: If you ~really~ want to reach your 'target audience,' then you must FIND the audience and BRING THEM HERE!
the blackbird

United States

#125 Feb 13, 2009
My post must have been deleted, so I will say again, I support all of you who advocate open and concealed carry.

As I said, I often pick up aluminum cans by the road. Several times, my little 22 9 shot LR hollow point revolver I've had in my pocket saved my life. Just like a spare tire, it's there when you need it.

I really am not a gun person, but I know the value of my life and what it takes to preserve and protect it.

I salute all you gun fellers. Keep up the good work.

Would I have killed any of those alongside the road who had threated to rob, harm, or kill me because they thought I was a defenseless old man and an easy target? In a heartbeat. Didn't have to. They quickly came to their senses.

Have a good day.

“American Sheepdog”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#126 Feb 13, 2009
the blackbird wrote:
My post must have been deleted, so I will say again, I support all of you who advocate open and concealed carry.
As I said, I often pick up aluminum cans by the road. Several times, my little 22 9 shot LR hollow point revolver I've had in my pocket saved my life. Just like a spare tire, it's there when you need it.
I really am not a gun person, but I know the value of my life and what it takes to preserve and protect it.
Would I have killed any of those alongside the road who had threated to rob, harm, or kill me because they thought I was a defenseless old man and an easy target? In a heartbeat. Didn't have to. They quickly came to their senses.
Have a good day.
And that, sir, precisely sums up a great deal of our sentiment. Thanks for the good post.
CRB

Clarksville, TN

#127 Feb 13, 2009
jack412 wrote:
<quoted text>
guns for
the insane, criminals, kids,
guns used for
overthrowing the gov
shooting police and other leo that lawfully are on/in your property
and not complying with any new laws
thats just a short list... you will go .."yes but" so i dont see any need to go into real detail and a longer list
So did your gun control laws stop that Arson Rampage in Austrailia which last I heard the death toll was at 200?
Jon Jon

Hayden, ID

#128 Feb 13, 2009
Dear Fellow Citizen,

On a recent news broadcast, Rep. Dan Ipsa (New Hampshire) mentioned in passing "the Holt bill that's been folded into the stimulus package."

The Holt bill is: H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd...

This is full-fledged gun control!!!!!!

The spending bill is bad enough - this addition is DANGEROUS!!!!

PLEASE let everyone (congress, news outlets, friends, neighbors) know what the liberals are sneaking into this stimulus bill - this has nothing to do with jobs.

Paste this into your e-mail and forward this to everone you know - this needs to go viral before it gets passed.

John

“MOLON LABE”

Since: Nov 08

Veritas vos Liberabit

#129 Feb 14, 2009
Check this out, very informative.

http://starmaker.today.com/2009/02/05/states-...
the blackbird

United States

#130 Feb 14, 2009
I agree that we must keep ourselves free from those who would take our firearms and, along with that, our ability to protect ourselves, so you guys keep on with your admirable efforts. I support you.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#131 Feb 14, 2009
CRB wrote:
<quoted text>
So did your gun control laws stop that Arson Rampage in Austrailia which last I heard the death toll was at 200?
I notice the media went dead silent on this topic once it became apparant that eco-terroists might be involved.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#132 Feb 14, 2009
the blackbird wrote:
Have a good day.
I whole heartedly agree with your post and I believe that open carry is well within the definition of the second amendment and I also believe that there is implied intent within the second amendment that also ensconces concealed carry. However, with that said, I do not believe the case of these two "certified" instructors mentioned in the story, is one of a second amendment relevance.
CRB

Clarksville, TN

#133 Feb 14, 2009
Richard_Head wrote:
<quoted text>I notice the media went dead silent on this topic once it became apparant that eco-terroists might be involved.
True, but if it was somebody bombing a federal building in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge they would have stopped too. Oh wait it did happen and the media couldn't let the story go, my bad.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#134 Feb 14, 2009
CRB wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but if it was somebody bombing a federal building in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge they would have stopped too. Oh wait it did happen and the media couldn't let the story go, my bad.
Ruby Ridge and Waco occur daily in foreign countries, yet the media skips over these stories for a more relevant story in the US about a puppy who got saved by a fire-woman who applied mouth to mouth resuscitation. Not to mention those news stories in the US regarding missing white girl syndrome.
CRB

Clarksville, TN

#135 Feb 16, 2009
Richard_Head wrote:
<quoted text>Ruby Ridge and Waco occur daily in foreign countries, yet the media skips over these stories for a more relevant story in the US about a puppy who got saved by a fire-woman who applied mouth to mouth resuscitation. Not to mention those news stories in the US regarding missing white girl syndrome.
I find it funny how "important" it was to know which celebrity was banging who as oppose to those trivial events such as the violence occuring in Tiajuana, Mexico.
SPYDER73

United States

#136 Feb 22, 2009
unknown wrote:
this is just the start of taking away our right to bear arms. New Mexico is an open carry state and everyone should do it out of protest

These instructors were "cutting corners" in their instruction. Teaching someone/anyone who is interested or who wants to carry a concealed firearm "lawfully" to learn how to shoot effectively is proper and does require a certain amount of time. If the state they live in requires it - DO IT! Simple. What if your childrens teachers improperly instructed their students, I suppose you'd all be ok with it?! I carry and obey the laws until someone legally changes the criteria under which I am able to carry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reverend Dave Wilson Rogers 45 min Harley Davidson 1
Obama, Clinton arrested for impersonating humans 1 hr Bored 4
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Fri byebye 8,764
kelly lowe for sheriff Thu Jack Meoff 64
Suspect Drives through Gate - Cops do not chase Thu Iceberg 2
Obama administration gives huge raise to seniors Thu Just wondering 1
brotherhood of the 74 (Jul '12) Jun 22 Brotherhood Chia 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loving Mortgages