Gun instructors forced to stop teaching

Gun instructors forced to stop teaching

There are 135 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Gun instructors forced to stop teaching. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

Two concealed carry firearms instructors with the state of New Mexico have been ordered to stop teaching.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
unknown

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 3, 2009
this is just the start of taking away our right to bear arms. New Mexico is an open carry state and everyone should do it out of protest
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#2 Feb 3, 2009
unknown wrote:
this is just the start of taking away our right to bear arms. New Mexico is an open carry state and everyone should do it out of protest
I don't see how this is the start of taking away your right to bear arms.

According to the Constitution of the State of New Mexico-
"No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons."

Open carry, not conceald, seems to be what is constitutionally protected, so I'm not sure how that's actually a protest.
NOPT

Escanaba, MI

#3 Feb 3, 2009
unknown wrote:
You're going to protest the negligent CCW instruction?
Marty

Wichita, KS

#4 Feb 3, 2009
Judging only by the article, it seems these instructors were not even coming close to the requirements of the law. I am very pro-gun, and pro-carry, and I view some of these requirements as overkill and onerous. Nevertheless, the people of NM have this law, and until modified, it should be obeyed. Here in KS, they cram 1 hour's worth of material into an 8 hour course that lasts the full 8 hours. If NM says you have to sit in the chair for 15 hours, then either do it or change the law.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#5 Feb 3, 2009
I'll protest the idea that the WHOLE idea is ludicrous.

Is there instruction mandated for 'open carry?'

If not, then why so for concealed carry?
Johnm

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Feb 3, 2009
For information on open and concealed carry, instructors and more check out http://www.usacarry.com
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#7 Feb 3, 2009
Boomer215 wrote:
<quoted text>
"No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons."
Open carry, not conceald, seems to be what is constitutionally protected, so I'm not sure how that's actually a protest.
It is an infringemnet on the Constitutionally protected rights. Where in the 2A does it differentiate between open carry or concealed carry? A citizen has the right to carry either way, period.
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#8 Feb 3, 2009
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>It is an infringemnet on the Constitutionally protected rights. Where in the 2A does it differentiate between open carry or concealed carry? A citizen has the right to carry either way, period.
How is the federal government infringing upon the right of the people of Montana to keep and bear arms?
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#9 Feb 3, 2009
Correction to last post. That's New Mexico, not Montana. Sorry
CRB

Clarksville, TN

#10 Feb 3, 2009
This is does not suprise me. Hey anyone heard of Obama's plan to create an Obama Youth Brigade?
Here is an scary link on that:
CRB

Clarksville, TN

#11 Feb 3, 2009
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#12 Feb 3, 2009
Marty wrote:
Judging only by the article, it seems these instructors were not even coming close to the requirements of the law. I am very pro-gun, and pro-carry, and I view some of these requirements as overkill and onerous. Nevertheless, the people of NM have this law, and until modified, it should be obeyed. Here in KS, they cram 1 hour's worth of material into an 8 hour course that lasts the full 8 hours. If NM says you have to sit in the chair for 15 hours, then either do it or change the law.
What is the purpose for the law requiring "X" number of hours instruction?

What INDIVIDUAL responsibilities regarding the carrying of a firearm CHANGE when the individual is wearing a jacket that conceals their firearm?

NOTHING....NADA....the licensing requirements are mear whitewash and "feel good" legislation that bring money into the State Government...PERIOD!!

I carry legally concealed on an almost daily basis WITHOUT a permit...WITHOUT state mandated training...and WITHOUT having to PROVE anything to anyone on my ability to hit my target.
Marty

Wichita, KS

#13 Feb 4, 2009
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the purpose for the law requiring "X" number of hours instruction?
What INDIVIDUAL responsibilities regarding the carrying of a firearm CHANGE when the individual is wearing a jacket that conceals their firearm?
NOTHING....NADA....the licensing requirements are mear whitewash and "feel good" legislation that bring money into the State Government...PERIOD!!
I carry legally concealed on an almost daily basis WITHOUT a permit...WITHOUT state mandated training...and WITHOUT having to PROVE anything to anyone on my ability to hit my target.
If you'll re-read my reply, I was saying that the classes are beurocratic overkill. I, like you, don't feel that a RIGHT should be regulated. I was trying to explain that the states vary widely, and this is 1. a cause for concern, and 2. something we either live with or work to change. Unlike you in Alaska, we in the lower 48 have to deal with these laws. I exercise my rights as much as I can, but I'm not going to risk a felony, and the loss of my guns, to make a constitutional point. Let somebody else be the test case.

“FSM is His Noodliness”

Since: Jul 07

venganza.org

#14 Feb 4, 2009
NOPT wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to protest the negligent CCW instruction?
these gunnuts promote lots of unlawful activity
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#15 Feb 4, 2009
jack412 wrote:
<quoted text>
these gunnuts promote lots of unlawful activity
Define "lots"...and please show us some. I have seen a few on each board...but those are the extreme...and not the norm for the majority of lawful gun owners. Voiceing opinions doesn't count and I would like to see the post numbers that you would put into this category that YOU have established as "gunnuts promote lots of unlawful activity".
Dan from America

Ireland

#16 Feb 4, 2009
Boomer215 wrote:
<quoted text>
If their Constitution says this what's up with the concealed carry classes? Is their State able to violate the Constitution if it wants to? I must be missing something here.

In regards the protest citizens should march with anything under their coats that could lead the police to believe there are concealed weapons underneath. That would certainly lead to more rights violations when they demand to search you. If searching one under these circumstances is acceptable, then searching any man who is carrying anything that makes his pockets bulge is a legitimate probable cause to search him. And of course government always uses a "resonable" law to expand its power every chance it gets.
Dan from America

Ireland

#17 Feb 4, 2009
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "lots"...and please show us some. I have seen a few on each board...but those are the extreme...and not the norm for the majority of lawful gun owners. Voiceing opinions doesn't count and I would like to see the post numbers that you would put into this category that YOU have established as "gunnuts promote lots of unlawful activity".
Prepare to be statisticly buried. Jack doesn't have a habit of answering posts with anything other than them.
Dan from America

Ireland

#18 Feb 4, 2009
Marty wrote:
Give the government any authority in the matters of your life and they WILL find you in violation of something. This is another example of making criminals out of the law abiding. Who was the victim of this alleged "crime"? It has to be the government because the men alledgedly violated their regulation. I get it now. The men, in practicing their Constitutional rights to teach anybody, have violated the rights of the government. My question to you is where did their government acquire rights in the first place?
Dan from America

Ireland

#19 Feb 4, 2009
Marty wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'll re-read my reply, I was saying that the classes are beurocratic overkill. I, like you, don't feel that a RIGHT should be regulated. I was trying to explain that the states vary widely, and this is 1. a cause for concern, and 2. something we either live with or work to change. Unlike you in Alaska, we in the lower 48 have to deal with these laws. I exercise my rights as much as I can, but I'm not going to risk a felony, and the loss of my guns, to make a constitutional point. Let somebody else be the test case.
Marty wrote:
<
I'm not going to risk a felony, and the loss of my guns, to make a constitutional point.
Which is exactly what government wants you to do.
Do you really believe the corrupt judicial system will allow you to change any law that already gives them control over your life? Do you really think the puppet masters who are responsible for unconstitutional laws will allow their legislative puppets to pass laws that will give anyone any power over their lives back?

Think about it.

“FSM is His Noodliness”

Since: Jul 07

venganza.org

#20 Feb 4, 2009
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
guns for
the insane, criminals, kids,
guns used for
overthrowing the gov
shooting police and other leo that lawfully are on/in your property
and not complying with any new laws

thats just a short list... you will go .."yes but" so i dont see any need to go into real detail and a longer list

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad Employees are Experts in Hiding ! 13 hr Carlsbad 8
ALBQ DA alleged Police Corruption - Is this tru... Mon I Wonder 17
EPA Refuses to Pay for polution of Animus River Jan 15 sophia 1
bandidos mc (Feb '13) Jan 15 Angel shotgun wil... 163
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jan 14 Spider 8,875
Ghosts!!!!!!! (Mar '11) Jan 12 Amy 12
News Former loan manager arrested on felony racketee... (Aug '13) Jan 12 Idontevenlikeher 23

Loving Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loving Mortgages