Italians not White
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#1 Jul 28, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/world/europe/it...

I read this article on CNN and was amazed that this would happen in Italy. I never considered Italians white, and southern Italy and Sicily have many darker people and even blacks because they have Arab blood. Sicily was part of Africa at one time! How could Italians do this racism crap! My wife and I have been to Italy and other parts of Europe many times over the years.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 28, 2013
Amazed wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/ world/europe/italy-politics-ra cism/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
I read this article on CNN and was amazed that this would happen in Italy. I never considered Italians white, and southern Italy and Sicily have many darker people and even blacks because they have Arab blood. Sicily was part of Africa at one time! How could Italians do this racism crap! My wife and I have been to Italy and other parts of Europe many times over the years.
Many Italians are not very educated (especially in the southern part of Italy) so I'm not surprised that there would be anger over an educated black woman's achievements. I also know that the Italian spoken in Sicily and southern Italy has many Arab-root words as many of the surnames beginning with AL have Arab origins. I think the people of Sicily and the southern part of Italy are also shorter and have different facial features than the northern Italians in addition to being darker.
The Saint

Houston, TX

#3 Jul 28, 2013
You all may check on this for yourselves, but those of us that have traveled abroad know that most parts of Europe are extremely racist, but we are lead to believe here in the states that it's very liberal, and we are the worlds headquarters for racism. Just like the myth that Americans are hated. It's simply not true. I have been treated very well, and most of the time approached just to be asked if their English is good.
It's our foreign policies, and government they hate.
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#4 Jul 28, 2013
medicinewoman1980 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Italians are not very educated (especially in the southern part of Italy) so I'm not surprised that there would be anger over an educated black woman's achievements. I also know that the Italian spoken in Sicily and southern Italy has many Arab-root words as many of the surnames beginning with AL have Arab origins. I think the people of Sicily and the southern part of Italy are also shorter and have different facial features than the northern Italians in addition to being darker.
You are a very intelligent young lady. That's correct about the Arab words in the Sicilian dialect and the Sicilian people are different in appearance.

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jul 28, 2013
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very intelligent young lady. That's correct about the Arab words in the Sicilian dialect and the Sicilian people are different in appearance.
yes she is very intelligent...
.much more so than you why? Because for one....she knows how to register her name...so if you want to be taken seriously and not afraid of catching a lot of flack then register your name...or at least a name
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#6 Jul 28, 2013
Why? You have a registered name and no one takes you seriously! From many of the posts I've read, you are this Michelle person using one of many aliases! A registered name doesn't mean anything!
sincere

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jul 28, 2013
ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>yes she is very intelligent...
.much more so than you why? Because for one....she knows how to register her name...so if you want to be taken seriously and not afraid of catching a lot of flack then register your name...or at least a name
How do you register a name if you're using a topix app on your cell phone? Just wondering if you could help because I still haven't found a way to do it yet. Thanks in advance

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 28, 2013
Amazed wrote:
Why? You have a registered name and no one takes you seriously! From many of the posts I've read, you are this Michelle person using one of many aliases! A registered name doesn't mean anything!
Oh, so from many of the posts you read Ellvis is me as well? Hmmm, ask _Aristotle_, he knows I am not Ellvis.
Lyl

Milan, Italy

#9 Jul 29, 2013
This happened in Norther Italy, idiot. People are actually white here.
The Saint

Houston, TX

#10 Jul 29, 2013
I guess that's what I get for trying to educate low brow hillbillies!
Hahaha!!!

Since: Feb 09

United States

#11 Jul 29, 2013
The Saint wrote:
Hahaha!!!
I for your cpmment very educating. Biy i learned long time ago that making general statements even if you are reasonably positive aboit your facts will always be met with disahreement especislly on topix darn small phones lol
Please

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jul 29, 2013
Italy has a big problem with racism. Many of their football matches are held in empty stadiums because the clubs have been sanctioned for the racist behavior of the fans. Banana throwing is nothing new either especially at events. I know a gentleman from the UK who often got monkey chants and bananas thrown at him when he played youth league football so it is pretty much a major issue all over Europe.
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#13 Jul 29, 2013
Lyl wrote:
This happened in Norther Italy, idiot. People are actually white here.
We know where this happened, idiot! It states the town in the article! I was amazed this happened because many Italians in the south are far from white!
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#14 Jul 29, 2013
The Saint wrote:
Hahaha!!!
Thanks for the laugh!
Carlsbad

Hobbs, NM

#15 Jul 29, 2013
Them Italians speak spanish too! Some of them even look like mexicans.
Amazed

Hobbs, NM

#16 Jul 30, 2013
Carlsbad wrote:
Them Italians speak spanish too! Some of them even look like mexicans.
Idiot, Italian is a Latin language!

Location hidden

#17 Jul 30, 2013
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh!
That was cute! lol
Carlsbad

Hobbs, NM

#18 Jul 30, 2013
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, Italian is a Latin language!
I know that. I was just commenting that they spoke Spanish!!!

Location hidden

#19 Aug 11, 2013
Amazed wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/ world/europe/italy-politics-ra cism/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
I was reading an article about the death of singer Eydie Gorme and learned that her father was a Sephardic Sicilian Jew. I posted a link that I think you'll find interesting.
http://www.italian-family-history.com/jewish/...
The Saint

Houston, TX

#20 Aug 11, 2013
Amazed wrote:
Hit Oprah up for purse shopping/looking in Switzerland!
Hahaha!!!
Nah, there's no racism in Europe.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals say southern flag not a threat 47 min iamcuriousnow 72
Water Park @ Beach - $3 Million Sun Drew 6
violated by cyfd (Jun '13) Sun Sfather 25
Review: Easy Breezy Vapez (May '14) Sun Carlsbad 15
News Carlsbad City Councilman JR Doporto: Build a wa... (May '14) Sat Local Caveman 24
carlsbad police dept. need help with watching ... Jul 31 roadrunner suspect 6
Defund Planned Parenthood Jul 31 bettybop 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loving Mortgages