2 area firearms instructors accused o...

2 area firearms instructors accused of racketeering

There are 115 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Apr 6, 2009, titled 2 area firearms instructors accused of racketeering. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Two firearms instructors who were ordered earlier this year to stop teaching courses for people applying for state licenses to carry concealed weapons are now facing charges of racketeering, forgery and tampering with public records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rememberwhen

Clovis, NM

#1 Apr 8, 2009
Bare has always been a con man. He liked get rich quick schemes and was too lazy to work an honest day. That's why he was shunned by law enforcement agencies. He married the widow of a Lincoln County deputy killed on duty. I understand he claims he has no money and is having family hardships. Too bad. He should have thought about that before he scammed honest people and stole their money. Hang him.
tu papa

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Apr 11, 2009
i do remember he used to be a cop in the early 70,s, then he went to work at the mines where i worked at, he changes jobs, like a juarez girl changes underwear, oh well, maybe he will get a taste of his own medicene, and see how it feels,just goes to show you even cops and x cops can go sour,.,
Bob

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Apr 11, 2009
tu papa wrote:
i do remember he used to be a cop in the early 70,s, then he went to work at the mines where i worked at, he changes jobs, like a juarez girl changes underwear, oh well, maybe he will get a taste of his own medicene, and see how it feels,just goes to show you even cops and x cops can go sour,.,
Did he not work for the movies as a stunt man and helping them with Karate scenes?

“The truth is always good”

Since: Aug 08

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Apr 11, 2009
tu papa wrote:
Juarez girls change their underwear?
lmao

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Apr 11, 2009
-Amethyst- wrote:
<quoted text>
Juarez girls change their underwear?
/your reply makes me have to change my underwear from lol'ing

as far as mr bare goes...here's a humorous story for anyoen who cares to read. I was at a local pharmacy one day, waiting in line, and in walks Mr macho "karate" Bare talking loudly seemingly to himself. On closer look he was obviously talking with a bluetooth in his mr macho ear. His LOUD conversation was full of a lot of "hey buddy listen here, let me tell you something right now....No, YOU listen, do you know who the hell you're talking to buddy?" etc etc.

And then his cell phone rang loudly, literally right as he chuckled and said "no, you don't know who you're trying to screw over" He tried to play it off as a dropped call that he hadn't realized was disconnected but I tend to think he was never on the phone in the first place and just putting on an act.
lol

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Apr 11, 2009
omg, it is about time that SOB steve bare got arrested instead of thinking HE is the cop when he was NEVER a cop as he states! hahaha, i hope it feels good to him to be on the "bent" side of things! He was just karate chopped with the law! hahaha
lol

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Apr 11, 2009
tu papa wrote:
He was NEVER a cop! My dad was with the city, sheriff and friends with state cops and he said steve was NEVER a cop!
tu papa

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Apr 14, 2009
ok ok ok a wanna be cop
BLACKWATER INC

United States

#10 Apr 14, 2009
Anytime you see Bare,he's talking thru his "bluetooth".I can 99% assure you that there is no one on the other end of that conversation.The guy is outrageously pyschotic.I sat next to him @ DR office visit just 3 weeks ago and he told me some wild stuff.I've known of him for a long time.Bro' went to CHS w/him way back,but I think he's a walking timebomb,personally.
Long ago

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Apr 14, 2009
He used to act like he was 'Billy Jack' anyone else remember Billy Jack
Tabby

Medicine Hat, Canada

#16 Apr 14, 2009
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he not work for the movies as a stunt man and helping them with Karate scenes?
What ever !!! Steve has never done anything with the movies ??? Stunt man ? Please ... He is a stunt man like he thinks he is a ladies man .(NOT)
Tabby

Medicine Hat, Canada

#17 Apr 14, 2009
I didnt get to see the artical ? Who was the other guy accused ?
who says

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Apr 14, 2009
Tabby wrote:
I didnt get to see the artical ? Who was the other guy accused ?
The state Public Safety Department announced Monday that Stephen Bare of Carlsbad and Raymond Lunsford of Loving were arrested March 24 and charged.
Tabby

Medicine Hat, Canada

#19 Apr 14, 2009
who says wrote:
<quoted text>
The state Public Safety Department announced Monday that Stephen Bare of Carlsbad and Raymond Lunsford of Loving were arrested March 24 and charged.
Thank you very much . WOW ! Cant say if its true but sounds like it might be very possible .
Mamma Mia

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Apr 14, 2009
Billy Jack that is hilarious, I wonder if he feels like he got whopped!!
Tabby

Medicine Hat, Canada

#21 Apr 14, 2009
Well if he didnt get whooped... he will behind bars !
A lady packing

Carlsbad, NM

#22 Apr 14, 2009
My hubby says Bare was with the CPD for a short while, either as an officer or a reserve.

Bare hung out at the Cavern Theatre when his Bro worked there. That's about as close to being near a movie as he ever got.
One Tin Soldier

Carlsbad, NM

#23 Apr 14, 2009
cornback rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face.....and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.
"Okay now, which is it gonna be? Drive your car in the lake or get a dislocated elbow?"
Trixie

Carlsbad, NM

#25 Apr 14, 2009
About 7 years years ago I saw Steve Bare with Bill (Sunset Gardens) Crouch. They seemed pretty chummy with each other. That pretty much told me everything I ever need to know about Steve Bare...birds of a feather, ya know...
Town Squire

Mayhill, NM

#26 Apr 15, 2009
I thought these 2 men were innocent until proven guilty? All of you sure are the town "know it all's". You know all there is about "stuff" and no one knows better than you. Go back and read all of your comments, sounds like the JR. HIGH Playground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina Pope 2 hr Whoisshe 3
Reverend Dave Wilson Rogers 5 hr Frankenfool 11
Amber at pilot truckstop 6 hr gay guy 5
Intrepid Potash 8 hr Booster 3
More trash in city streets 8 hr How isthis 2
Strippers at home Mon How isthis 13
Free amoebas at the water park Sun Mayor yuk yuk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loving Mortgages