Sunday morning shoot-out fatal to Lov...

Sunday morning shoot-out fatal to Loving man

There are 485 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Aug 24, 2009, titled Sunday morning shoot-out fatal to Loving man. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

A rural shoot-out Sunday morning left one man dead and another injured. Eddy County Sheriff Earnest Mendoza said that at this time, no suspects have been taken into custody and the incident is still under investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Robert

San Jose, CA

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Why was the 17 year old released-is he not an accessory to murder- sounds like ANOTHER unsolved murder in the making.
Mary

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2009
Robert wrote:
Why was the 17 year old released-is he not an accessory to murder- sounds like ANOTHER unsolved murder in the making.
Its Carlsbad....of course the occupant in the runaway vehicle was released. That is so stupid! He obviously had wounds from the wreck and they still let him go. What exactly are the qualifications to be a police officer in this town nowadays?
Wait

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Aug 24, 2009
Wait for the investigation! Hopefully it will clear up most of the misinformation! What was stated in the newspaper by the individual Barnes and what actually happened may be two different things. In fact, according to other witnesses, what was stated by this individual is not entirely correct. I doubt that people are anxious to shoot at each other over "car parts" there's more to this story then what is being revealed. Bear in mind---just because your neighbor is a police man and you've told him your version doesn't mean that what you state is the truth. I hope that those in charge of investigating do so objectively and without prejudice.
carlsbad resident

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Aug 24, 2009
What Shane Barnes said is true. These men showed up on his property with guns. He asked them what the wanted and they said car parts and when he said they were not for sale the pulled out the gun and shots were fired. Rex was his father in law who came outside to see what was going on and came to help when he was shot several times. I wonder why the injured party was left in the car to deal with police while the others ran away. Sounds like the kind of friends I would want. These men killed this man in front of his family and didn't even blink. I personally hope they get locked up for a long time.
Robert

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 24, 2009
I agree about waiting for the investigation but releasing the juvenile does not seem in any way to "help" the police investigate.. He can run or disappear, then what.
I KNOW there is more to this........
moonbeam

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Aug 24, 2009
That's the way it's done in Eddy County, folks. Think back on all of the recent murders. The kid on Pate Street, that David guy on Fiesta Drive, so on and so forth. If they are going to run, Eddy County LEO's want to give them plenty of time to do so. Afterall, Eddy County and the 5th Judicial District damn sure don't want to spend any money on a trial, heaven forbid!!
A lady packing

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Aug 24, 2009
I agree!
carlsbad resident

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Aug 24, 2009
Mr. Barnes does not even know who these people are he has never seen them.
carlsbad resident

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Aug 24, 2009
He had his whole family a few feet away. His father, kids, wife and father in law. These people don't care who they hurt.
perceive

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Aug 24, 2009
carlsbad resident wrote:
Mr. Barnes does not even know who these people are he has never seen them.
Somebody Has To Know Them,,Were They Even From Around Carlsbad? Or Somewhere Else? Theres Not Much To Go On Yet.
perceive

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Aug 24, 2009
OH Yeah I Forgot,, Why Does It Say Shoot Out???
carlsbad resident

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Aug 24, 2009
I guess next time you all are at home and someone you dont know pulls up and starts shooting at you and your family we will make sure you are made to be the bad ones. And when your family member is shot and killed while this is happening we will make a big deal about how you not a victim.
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Aug 24, 2009
Wait wrote:
Wait for the investigation! Hopefully it will clear up most of the misinformation! What was stated in the newspaper by the individual Barnes and what actually happened may be two different things. In fact, according to other witnesses, what was stated by this individual is not entirely correct. I doubt that people are anxious to shoot at each other over "car parts" there's more to this story then what is being revealed. Bear in mind---just because your neighbor is a police man and you've told him your version doesn't mean that what you state is the truth. I hope that those in charge of investigating do so objectively and without prejudice.
Normally around here when someone says look at it objectively and without prejudice.. They are related or friends of the criminals, Does that describe you??? If not then its a breath of fresh air, very much needed on this topix..Every one is quick at pointing fingers and looking for the very worst in all human life...
hmmmmm

San Jose, CA

#15 Aug 24, 2009
The report didnt say the juvenile was injured from the car wreck-specifically-I bet he was SHOT!!! Unless it was a 1 way "shootout"?
"an unidentified 17-year-old juvenile who had sustained an injury RELATED TO THE INCIDENT"
perceive

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Aug 24, 2009
hmmmmm wrote:
The report didnt say the juvenile was injured from the car wreck-specifically-I bet he was SHOT!!! Unless it was a 1 way "shootout"?
"an unidentified 17-year-old juvenile who had sustained an injury RELATED TO THE INCIDENT"
Exactly,, Will Someone Please Let Me Know Why It Says It Was A ShootOut..Were They Expecting Them??? WAs There Bad Blood Between Them? Or Did The Father In Law Run Outside With A Weapon When He Heard The Shots???
jeepster

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Aug 24, 2009
A lady packing wrote:
I agree!
theres a lot of stuff that goes on in this area thats not even reported. stealing, racial harassment, threats, beatings, people thinking they are practicing witchcraft, fear and intimidation, and oh yes, let's not forget drug dealing and the cooking of meth. i point my finger in the direction of loving, one of the worst small minded, evil places i have had the misfortune to live near. and god forbid if you are poor and white, and have to defend yourself, which is what it appears mr barnes and his family has had to do many times. and they aren't the only ones, it's just some of us are smarter about it.
jeepster

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Aug 24, 2009
carlsbad resident wrote:
He had his whole family a few feet away. His father, kids, wife and father in law. These people don't care who they hurt.
and i know who it is its the navarros our own community terrorists
jeepster

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Aug 24, 2009
hmmmmm wrote:
there wer a bunch of shots 6 or 7 and some sounded different i thought someone was just shooting birds ther was so many
maybe

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Aug 24, 2009
perceive wrote:
OH Yeah I Forgot,, Why Does It Say Shoot Out???
Perhaps because more than one person was shooting from the car explaining how one of these criminals was injured.
ford man

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Aug 24, 2009
do any one know any of the people that got shot at loveing last night? a frend of mine was telling me this morning. i guess it will be on the paper tomorow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Repavement of North Canal to begin 2 hr Oh Yea 5
EBT Card will buy GASOLINE (May '12) 20 hr cdno 173
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico Mon Carlsbad 1
Carlsbad Cemetery Sun Gay Guy 8
They are totally afraid of him. Sun Jakeco 7
Eddy County voters get a say Sat sally 7
News Vandals target Veteran's Memorial Park Jul 3 Uncle Bob 9
More from around the web

Loving People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE