Who do you support for State Senate in Tennessee (District 1) in 2010?

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious 2

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Best for the job.
Voter

Gallatin, TN

#2 Oct 14, 2010
Jack has East Tennessee's Best interest at heart. He's a regular guy and that's what we need right now.
jones

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2010
Iam voting for Jack West because he work for all 4 years of the term not just at election time like Southerland has done.He is spendiing more time in Gville in the last 8 wks than he has in 8 yrs.
voter

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 16, 2010
I hope Mr. West will come to Cocke County and get acquainted with more people. I would like to see him win this office.
voter

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2010
I think Mr. West deserves a chance.
Check It Out

Gallatin, TN

#6 Oct 21, 2010
I voted for Mr. West. I know of nothing that Mr. Southerland has done while he has been in office.
Jay

Gallatin, TN

#7 Oct 21, 2010
I know Jack, and I know he will do a good job. I usually vote republican, but knowing Jack like I do, I feel 100% confident with him.
Farmer

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 25, 2010
Iam Republican not Democraft and I vote for what I Beleive in and everyone else should vote for Steve also who wants another Democraft on like Obama!!!!!!!!!!
Harold

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 25, 2010
Jack is a "people" person and will do what is best for the common man in the 1st District.
voter

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Farmer wrote:
Iam Republican not Democraft and I vote for what I Beleive in and everyone else should vote for Steve also who wants another Democraft on like Obama!!!!!!!!!!
Just because Mr. West is a democrat does mean that hes just like Obama!I'd say that Mr. west WILL do more then Southerland did.
too funny

Smyrna, TN

#11 Oct 25, 2010
Always funny how all these liberals who have nothing else to do get on this site and run numbers up on political polls. If you remember in the City Mayor race, King had about twice as many votes for mayor as Daniels did, but Daniels easily won when the actual election took place. You liberals need to find something better to do than prowl the Topix site.
border police

United States

#12 Oct 25, 2010
BEST MAN FOR THE JOB
Morristown First

Morristown, TN

#13 Oct 28, 2010
I've voted the GOP ticket for many years, but I've been disappointed by Steve over this last term. It's best he is out of office before he embarrasses Morristown and the 1st. district. It's just a matter of time before an affair is exposed or the fast and loose lifestyle he has in Nashville catches up with him. Let's vote him out to save him from himself.
voter

Franklin, TN

#14 Oct 30, 2010
It's time to replace all incumbents. Jack will do a good job. I've known him since elementary school and he's a good honest guy.
voter

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Oct 31, 2010
Jack is a good guy and I will not be voting for any incumbents this cycle.
TN Girl

Rock Hill, SC

#16 Oct 31, 2010
WEST is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!
lady 31

Crossville, TN

#17 Oct 31, 2010
People should vote for who is gonna help them out the most ..... I find it so hilarous how all these people collecting welfare , Unemployment and foodstamps holler Im republican ...Dont those fools know that if it wasnt for the Democrats having a heart they would starve. The republican party didnt want to pass the last extension unless the spending was approved there way while all these American families where starving . This nation already spent its self out of control before Obama took office. I dont believe republicans nor democrats can turn this a round ....Only time will tell!!!
Beef

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Oct 31, 2010
Farmer wrote:
Farmer, you are one of many of the dumb Republicans we have in East Tennessee! What has Steve Southerland done in the 8 years he has been in office? Nothing! Why do Republicans always associate the Democrat with Obama that's stupid, this the First District not Washington. I believe Jack West is the main man for the job in the First District. I think everyone should vote on who they think will get the job done right and that's Jack West!
Watcher

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Nov 3, 2010
I know Jack West, he spends his day hiding in back, smoking and avoiding work. He claims to be "green" yet he drives a FULL SIZE Nissan Titan crew cab. He says he will create jobs....Politicans do not create jobs. Their role is to provide an atmosphere in which entrepreneurs can create jobs in a free market system.

I for one was just delighted to see liberal democrats fall in Tennessee....and the rest of the country. Only when liberals do not influence our lives, will we ever have a chance of being all we can be.
Watcher

Jonesborough, TN

#22 Nov 3, 2010
Lady, you say and I quote "People should vote for who is gonna help them out the most" That's so selfish. That's like saying "I vote with my wallet" Vote for the country, not for the politician who promises you the most personal favors. You speak like a true democrat...voting for whomever promises to take care of you and give you entitlements. Here is an idea, work for your money instead of putting people in office that will take it from those who really did work for it and give it to those who refuse to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be (Mar '14) 1 hr metoo 17
Iron Horsemen MC is here to stay J.J. Jones (Aug '12) 1 hr sceerd chitless 68
Electrolux a great place to work ..agree / disa... (Aug '12) 2 hr One who knows 51
Ella Dorsey 4 hr woody 76
does any one know mandie turpin 5 hr badassgirl6934 1
Beware of this man 6 hr Observant 2
brother stabs brother in local motel 7 hr Dave 3
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]