Man arrested for walking nude on Hawk...

Man arrested for walking nude on Hawkins County road

There are 26 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Man arrested for walking nude on Hawkins County road. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

An investigation is underway to look at conduct by Knoxville police officers during an arrest Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carol

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Naked
really

Morristown, TN

#2 Feb 13, 2013
wonder if this guy knows how lucky he was that some of the local (men that like men) didn't see him. or maybe they did and he don't remember that either.
hoohoo

Morristown, TN

#3 Feb 13, 2013
what
real bigT

Kingston, TN

#4 Feb 13, 2013
I wish i would have seen him first. He must have been cold. I would have warmed his cockles.
criditt

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 13, 2013
OR: I guess he showed them!
mike

Cookeville, TN

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Why is it that the ugly ones alway show off their shortcomings..
really

Morristown, TN

#7 Feb 14, 2013
yep. you can always tell what a man is packing, by his mouth. the more it runs, the less he has to be proud of.
can not believe

Strawberry Plains, TN

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Do you know who this person is? I know it has to be embarrassing to his family and girlfriend. I feel sorry for them. It is sad for anyone to act like that.
stand up

United States

#9 Feb 14, 2013
First off I don't know this person but yes I bet he is embarrassed but does that give y'all the right to make fun for real it's like y'all never did anything wrong plus you don't even know what really happened so what gives you the right to judge and for the officer that made this public should be ashamed cause we except our officer to protect and serve which obviously he didn't do here I'm not saying what this person did was right but I am saying he ain't the only one wrong!!!!!
bath salts

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Another bath salt junkie.
unknown

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Sounds like 2 me dat dude went streaking & tha cops couldn't figure dat out so charged homeboy wit whateva they could I don't dat it had anything 2 do wit METH OR DRUGS & for tha peeps saying they would warm his cockles ( u gay!) & talking about tha mans junk & how tha lil ones always show it off well first off homeboy obviously got bigger balls & junk then u cause he was willing to streak it down tha street & also maybe u wanted to see it cause ur sure are talking about it alot lol thank u & I'm out (:
huh

Jefferson City, TN

#13 Feb 16, 2013
An Ebonics translation manual would be helpful right about now.
Reality Check

Kingsport, TN

#14 Feb 16, 2013
From the story it sounds like he got drunk and some friends took his clothes to prank him.

Not really necessary to arrest the poor guy and saddle him with a criminal record for something like this.
Reality Check

Kingsport, TN

#15 Feb 16, 2013
In particular, note that he was not flashing little girls at the movie theatre, which would be a different issue.

What is the cost of this?

One approach would be to call the young man's parents to come pick him up. Costs nothing and he will surely learn his lesson and never hear the end of it from his family.

Another approach, the one chosen, is to arrest him, handcuff him, bring him in to the county jail, hold him, have a trial, set him up with a criminal record.

In that case, the taxpayers spend about $30,000 in processing, jailing and court costs, and you end up with a man with a sex offender prison record who will not be able to find employment and will have to be on food stamps and public assistance, at a lifetime cost of around $1 million to taxpayers.

Which one makes sense?

If you are a puritan religious fanatic who goes insane at the thought of seeing a woman's ankles, just like the radical muslims, then you choose the jail option.
Squirrelly Early

Knoxville, TN

#16 Feb 22, 2013
I would have dropped to my knees so fast and given him my best oral gulping.
Earl Keese V

Knoxville, TN

#17 Feb 22, 2013
No, that's my job, clawed!
this is dumb

United States

#19 Feb 25, 2013
@ devilstated, you are one very very very sad person!!!also think its you on bath salts and So are alot of other people on here,do any of you even know this person?cause if you don't and you're judging him,then may God have pritty on your soul,and I agree with reality check this cop was just being dumb and wasting good tax payers money,and this cop should be more embarrassed cause he made a complete butt of himself....but anyways I said what was on my mind and think this is dumb so my advice is drop it!!!
summer tooth

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Sounds to me like he was getting a early start on spring cleaning. Airing out the junk. Here he comes,(booada,booada) their he goes, (booada booada). He aint wearing no clothes.
summer tooth

United States

#22 Feb 25, 2013
If we are created in the image of God, how can the body be seen as indecent?
summer tooth

United States

#23 Feb 25, 2013
can not believe wrote:
Do you know who this person is? I know it has to be embarrassing to his family and girlfriend. I feel sorry for them. It is sad for anyone to act like that.
WHY DO YOU FEEL SORRY FOR HIS GIRLFRIEND? DID YOU SEE HIM! I HEARD IT LOOKED LIKE A BABBY'S ARM HOLDING A HAMMER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a U.S. Nuclear Reactor That Took 42 Years to Ge... 27 min Ironman 2
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 4 hr Van Gogh 13
Anyone had any problems with Elwood Brooks? (Jun '10) 9 hr Unknown Observer 80
Family of secrets on Cherokee heights drive 22 hr Disgusted 1
Gangs In Knoxville 22 hr Antwan 10
TDS internet not acceptable (Jul '10) Tue moonjack 27
News Winkler trial not the only thing in Selmer (Apr '07) Dec '15 exo 13

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance