Tellico Village Golf Community in Ten...

Tellico Village Golf Community in Tennessee

There are 63 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Tellico Village Golf Community in Tennessee. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Looking for a great place to take a group of your golf buddies to play for the weekend? Within a days drive of many large cities in the East, Tellico Village near Knoxville, Tennessee is a perfect getaway for golf lovers wanting a stay and play golf package.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

It is easy to google

Kingsport, TN

#42 Nov 24, 2012
Buck Wilson wrote:
What is form 3949-A?
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals /How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-T ax-Fraud-Activity%3F
It is easy to google

Kingsport, TN

#43 Nov 24, 2012
The link didn't work, but google the IRS form. It is for
"How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?"

it is not suspected though, it is fact here in the village.
Noah Vale

Louisville, TN

#44 Nov 24, 2012
IRSCID

Riceville, TN

#45 Nov 24, 2012
We are checking into the fraud but there are alot of folks who are interfering. You people keep electing Representatives who are for sale to the highest bidder. It's hard for us to do our job when Congressmen interfere and threaten to get us fired if we don't back off. Looks like you have a RICO problem in your area.
Board Member

Maxton, NC

#46 Nov 25, 2012
Listen you people. When folks in Vermont, Ohio, Michigan, New York - you know, your former neighbors - are considering buying Village properties they do Google searches and finds these threads. They see you telling the truth about this place, and it undermines all of our clever advertising we have done telling them that this is an earthly paradise.
You are making it very difficult for us to lure new victims to this place. Shame on you!
Do you really think that is right, warning them about us? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Didn't anyone teach you right from wrong when you were little?
Keystone

Madisonville, TN

#47 Nov 25, 2012
For a RICO law to apply, you may well need Interstate Commerce Laws be broken. Winston did divert that tractor to his farm and a load of fuel. If either item crossed a state line and more than one person was involed (Jeff) then a RICO case may be applied my the FBI. However, since the POA has opted to go national on lot sales, they are crossing state lines. Call your local FBI agent and see what he has to say about the RICO law. People seem to forget about Jeff in all this mess, he is in this up to his neck and from what I hear scared to death that this thing is going to come to a head. Oh yeah, and the Lawyer, if that is what you wish to call that sumb bag, is in deep as well.
It is easy to google

Kingsport, TN

#48 Nov 25, 2012
Board Member wrote:
Listen you people. When folks in Vermont, Ohio, Michigan, New York - you know, your former neighbors - are considering buying Village properties they do Google searches and finds these threads. They see you telling the truth about this place, and it undermines all of our clever advertising we have done telling them that this is an earthly paradise.
You are making it very difficult for us to lure new victims to this place. Shame on you!
Do you really think that is right, warning them about us? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Didn't anyone teach you right from wrong when you were little?
You are in control as a Board Member. You can stop the stealing and make this place the paradise it should be. YOU ARE IN CONTROL.
IRSCID

Riceville, TN

#49 Nov 25, 2012
Keystone wrote:
For a RICO law to apply, you may well need Interstate Commerce Laws be broken. Winston did divert that tractor to his farm and a load of fuel. If either item crossed a state line and more than one person was involed (Jeff) then a RICO case may be applied my the FBI. However, since the POA has opted to go national on lot sales, they are crossing state lines. Call your local FBI agent and see what he has to say about the RICO law. People seem to forget about Jeff in all this mess, he is in this up to his neck and from what I hear scared to death that this thing is going to come to a head. Oh yeah, and the Lawyer, if that is what you wish to call that sumb bag, is in deep as well.
To initiate a RICO investigtion all you need is proof that you have an organized criminal activity involving several individuals working together with authorities to protect the status quo.(God knows you people have proof of that.) The RICO boys busted one state government because individual state legislators and appointed officials were selling their votes, favors, and licenses, etc. One minority state legislator was indicted for selling his vote for %100. The investigation didn't have anything to do with interstate commerce. All the illegal activity was in state and local. One instance...A long time state legislator was indicted for purchasing boats at wholesale prices for friends, relatives and for a small fee, through the state fish and wild life commission.
Rufus

Madisonville, TN

#50 Nov 25, 2012
IRSCID wrote:
<quoted text>
To initiate a RICO investigtion all you need is proof that you have an organized criminal activity involving several individuals working together with authorities to protect the status quo.(God knows you people have proof of that.) The RICO boys busted one state government because individual state legislators and appointed officials were selling their votes, favors, and licenses, etc. One minority state legislator was indicted for selling his vote for %100. The investigation didn't have anything to do with interstate commerce. All the illegal activity was in state and local. One instance...A long time state legislator was indicted for purchasing boats at wholesale prices for friends, relatives and for a small fee, through the state fish and wild life commission.
Look up the law. A federal law has to be broken before RICO will apply. Under the law, the FBI can go back ten years to make it apply. Winston seem to think that if he gets the indemnfiction rule passed that he well be home free along with members of the poa, they are dead wrong.
LOGIC PLEASE

Chesterfield, SC

#51 Dec 7, 2012
Prospective TV Resident wrote:
We have owned a lot in Tellico Village for a few years and are having our house plans just about finished with a building start early 2013.
I have visited Tellico Village a couple of times and met a few people.
My overall impression has been that this would be a good place to live, play golf and do a lot of other activities that we like to do.
Reading some of the posts above really makes me wonder if this is a place we should even consider.
It would make us feel better if we saw some more positive notes to balance off the very negative ones with bad language in them.
Do not take any heed in the whiners.
It is either the "Yankee" thing,or the residents posting that they do not want to spend,the hundreds of thousands,if not millions,that they made milking the auto industry.

If you are seriously interested in this area,I suggest Rairty Bay.
More house for the recession dollar,and not so many Pinto Rolls Royce attitudes.
Rasputin

Riceville, TN

#52 Dec 7, 2012
You are right about Rarity Bay being a better place to buy. Even with all of Mike Ross' troubles, it now costs less to build there than in Tellico Village. 20 years ago the real estate agents were touting the fact that TV's building permit was only $5000 compared to Rarity'sd $20,000. WB has added extra charges for connections and inspections so that it now costs more than $20,000 for what that $5,000 permit used to cover. So don't accuse the whinners for klling Tellico Village. The greedy gut board working hand in had with our crooked and/or stupid gen. mgr. has done it all on their own. Where are all those future residents who were going to be attracted here by that extravagant under used Wellness Center that 3 out of 4 of us residents have been priced out of? Blazer said if he built it they would come. Now he is spending money like it grows on trees trying to attract people to come look at those lousy abandoned lots that he can't give away. It's time for new management. The one we got doesn't have a clue how to do his job.
Jeannie Pilgrim

AOL

#53 Jan 3, 2013
If the Board ONLY voted on their new bylaw which requires only 10% to approve anything then they have already broken the law. We had the same situation in Florida and the Board lost - a couple of people didn't pay a fee they passed, the poa put a lien on their house. The homeowner filed to have the lien removed and the Board was ordered by the court to reverse the bylaw change that was made by the board ALONE. It is called contract law - not even HOA law. When you bought your home you signed a contract with the POA that both you and the POA have to adhere to the Declaration that is attached to your deed. They really don't scare me.
Mouse In the corner

Redmond, OR

#54 Jan 5, 2013
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
If the Board ONLY voted on their new bylaw which requires only 10% to approve anything then they have already broken the law. We had the same situation in Florida and the Board lost - a couple of people didn't pay a fee they passed, the poa put a lien on their house. The homeowner filed to have the lien removed and the Board was ordered by the court to reverse the bylaw change that was made by the board ALONE. It is called contract law - not even HOA law. When you bought your home you signed a contract with the POA that both you and the POA have to adhere to the Declaration that is attached to your deed. They really don't scare me.
Bull pucky. No laws were broken, in fact the Board brought the ByLaws in sync with the TN laws. The changes were posted on their website along with the original version and I did not see you at any Board meetings complaining about the changes being illegal. You need to get real.
Former potential resident

Ocean Isle Beach, NC

#55 Jan 13, 2013
Board Member wrote:
Yes, accurate comment! We seriously thought of moving to Tellico Village (from Ohio), but recently moved to NC instead. So...thanks to everyone who posted here...
Jeannie Pilgrim

AOL

#56 Jan 13, 2013
Please be advised that no matter what the Board thinks they did with the Bylaws with THEIR votes they have changed nothing. They cannot overrule the Declaration which is what is attached to our Deed. They cannot raise our assessments by more than 5% with a 10% vote. The Declaration is the contract which rules. Tennessee law does not rule anything in our bylaws.

My POA in Florida just tried to hike our assessments by 13% for the year 2013. The Declaration states they can only raise them 5% unless 75% of the residents approve by a vote at a meeting called for that specific reason.

Guess who stopped it? Yes, it was ME. I am not only NOT apathetic I research the law. The lawyer had to overturn it and go back down to 5%. I believe in following the law - both myself and them.
Panther

Tullahoma, TN

#57 Jan 13, 2013
Former potential resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, accurate comment! We seriously thought of moving to Tellico Village (from Ohio), but recently moved to NC instead. So...thanks to everyone who posted here...
Tellico Village is an exception. It was a better idea NOT to move here if that was where you were going. This area is full of great communities, great people and the better things in life. Tellico Village is full of bitter old yankees that hate each other.
Mouse In the corner

Redmond, OR

#58 Jan 14, 2013
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
Please be advised that no matter what the Board thinks they did with the Bylaws with THEIR votes they have changed nothing. They cannot overrule the Declaration which is what is attached to our Deed. They cannot raise our assessments by more than 5% with a 10% vote. The Declaration is the contract which rules. Tennessee law does not rule anything in our bylaws.
My POA in Florida just tried to hike our assessments by 13% for the year 2013. The Declaration states they can only raise them 5% unless 75% of the residents approve by a vote at a meeting called for that specific reason.
Guess who stopped it? Yes, it was ME. I am not only NOT apathetic I research the law. The lawyer had to overturn it and go back down to 5%. I believe in following the law - both myself and them.
10% vote only affects board election and is state law! Why do you persist with these lies and gross exaggeration?
Jeannie Pilgrim

Louisville, TN

#59 Jan 15, 2013
Mouse In the corner wrote:
<quoted text>
10% vote only affects board election and is state law! Why do you persist with these lies and gross exaggeration?
What is your problem. I said it had nothing to do with assessments. I said nothing about voting. They still can't raise our assessments without a much larger % than 10. It is in the Declaration. Just like to argue?
Exception

Riceville, TN

#60 Jan 15, 2013
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
You are forgetting that Congress exempted Tellico Village from having to abide by laws regulating other subdivisions and developments. Those laws apply to all subdivisions, even if it is letting one of your children park a double wide in your back yard. Apparently Bud Gilbert used this argument to claim the local DAG did not have authority to investigate theft and corruption by Tellico Village management, and is the reason the DAG turned the investigation over to Gilbert to investigate and whitewash. It's also the reason Gilbert told the Board they couldn't do anything about Blazer's embezzling from POA. Blazer, and his compliant Board are the law in Tellico Village. Local law enforcement does not have the authority to enforce laws inside the Village unless they have management's consent. That's the way that federal exception which was written into the law that exempted the Snail Darter from the endangered species list is being interpreted. So it doesn't matter how they do it in Fla. they do it Winston's way here. Comprende?.
IRSCID

Riceville, TN

#61 Jan 15, 2013
IRSCID wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal RICO laws say that if two or more people get together and conspire to break the law and enter into a criminal conspiracy they are cosidered to be engaged in organized crime, which is a federal offense. They don't have to traipse back and forth across state lines to be in violation of that federal law. You are forgetting that someone in Wash. DC is protecting these crooks. Answer this question. If someone high up isn't interceding and protcting the good old boy mafia in this area, how come the feds had those Huston boys under 24 hour surveilance for two years? Even had a camera mounted on a power pole to take pictures of their activities 24/7. You would think they were Taliban terrorists instead of gnats nattering at local official whom they claim are dishonest. Those Huston boys are not a threat to anyone except the local crooked politicians. Who made them a top priority to be watched around the clock? It's someone high up in Washington DC who is aiding and abetting the local crooks who are out to get rid of them. It's the same person who is interceding and shutting down investigations of our local crooks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Long 5 min Leigh Ann1 5
News Our Stories: Michael Jackson comes to Knoxville (Feb '08) 49 min Mike and Jimmy do... 85
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 1 hr Ghosts of past days 76
Lindsay Wallace Swaney 3 hr My own my 2
Dunkin 3 hr My own my 3
southfield apts 3 hr My own my 2
Heath Babb 3 hr HEATH 144

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages