Tellico Village Golf Community in Tennessee

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 63

Looking for a great place to take a group of your golf buddies to play for the weekend? Within a days drive of many large cities in the East, Tellico Village near Knoxville, Tennessee is a perfect getaway for golf lovers wanting a stay and play golf package.

Full Story
Old Timer

Louisville, TN

#22 Nov 16, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
It would be a nicer place if it wasn't filled with Obama lovers. I could even live with the Obama lovers if I didn't have to bend over once a month and take a big one up the wazoo. Every time I write a check out for my dues I feel this really bad pain in the ass. I pay almost a 100 a month and get absolutely nothing but some leaves picked up. I can pick them up myself for free, bag them and the trash people will take them.
Tellico Village is a Royal Screw Job.
We have a Gen. Mgr. who is paid more than the Gov. of Tenn. and is allowed to steal all he can get, who had his own personal lawyer on the Village payroll, to the tune of over $300,000 per year, to protect him from prosecution. The ignorant Board of directors takes his lawyer's word that they can't prosecute his client for theft.

We have 5 year plans and 20 year plans, just like in the old Soviet Union and China. The Gen. Manager, aided and abetted by his azz kissing long range planning committee, has instituted his Great Leap Forward plan to over build amenities to accomodate people who will never come. As a result TV is millions of dollars in debt and are still building over priced and under used facilities that three quarters of Residents have been priced otu of using, so they have been opened to the general public, In violation of IRS regs for tax exempt orgs. As a result of the steadily rising assoc. dues and exorbitant user and permit fees, so many property owners have cut their losses and abandoned their properties that lots can be had for practically nothing.TVPOA has so many properties seized for Nonpayment of dues that it has opened it's own real estate sales venture.(again in violation of the village's governing documents.

If you want to live in a commune where you don't really own your property but own 52 weeks of time share, by all means bring your money and buy into this place. Now is the time to get bargains. Houses that cost over $200,000 to build are now selling for as little as $135,000. And TVPOA is practically giving away lots so they can get the $1200 a year revenue. That's another thing. A few years ago TVPOA's income was over %16 million. It's dropped to around $14 million. Our management really knows how to increase property values all right. They ure are worth every penny of that million plus it costs us to keep them from leaving and getting better jobs.
Nutso

Loudon, TN

#23 Nov 16, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a Gen. Mgr. who is paid more than the Gov. of Tenn. and is allowed to steal all he can get, who had his own personal lawyer on the Village payroll, to the tune of over $300,000 per year, to protect him from prosecution. The ignorant Board of directors takes his lawyer's word that they can't prosecute his client for theft.
We have 5 year plans and 20 year plans, just like in the old Soviet Union and China. The Gen. Manager, aided and abetted by his azz kissing long range planning committee, has instituted his Great Leap Forward plan to over build amenities to accomodate people who will never come. As a result TV is millions of dollars in debt and are still building over priced and under used facilities that three quarters of Residents have been priced otu of using, so they have been opened to the general public, In violation of IRS regs for tax exempt orgs. As a result of the steadily rising assoc. dues and exorbitant user and permit fees, so many property owners have cut their losses and abandoned their properties that lots can be had for practically nothing.TVPOA has so many properties seized for Nonpayment of dues that it has opened it's own real estate sales venture.(again in violation of the village's governing documents.
If you want to live in a commune where you don't really own your property but own 52 weeks of time share, by all means bring your money and buy into this place. Now is the time to get bargains. Houses that cost over $200,000 to build are now selling for as little as $135,000. And TVPOA is practically giving away lots so they can get the $1200 a year revenue. That's another thing. A few years ago TVPOA's income was over %16 million. It's dropped to around $14 million. Our management really knows how to increase property values all right. They ure are worth every penny of that million plus it costs us to keep them from leaving and getting better jobs.
Marilyn, please get your facts straight because this makes you look like an idiot. Our income has never been 16 million. You are nuts.
Glenn

Loudon, TN

#24 Nov 16, 2012
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn I am glad you wrote. Could you please explain exactly what they are trying to change with these new bylaws? They have not shown the old ones with the lines crossed out and the new language proposed. Obviously they are trying to pull a fast one. Also, don't the Property Owners have to vote on this change and what # is needed to pass them? Also do they have to be changed AT A MEETING or can they use written petitions? Thanks.
Allowing only 10 per cent of the votes to pass anything is a sure way to give Winston and the POA, along with HOA everything they desire down the line.
Glenn

Loudon, TN

#25 Nov 16, 2012
Nutso wrote:
<quoted text>Marilyn, please get your facts straight because this makes you look like an idiot. Our income has never been 16 million. You are nuts.
I am not sure, but it may have been around 16 millions when NRP was selling lots in the village. They paid the dues on every lot that they had bought up and continued to pay as long as the people who bought the lots keep up their payments if they used NRP's banking. I can state for sure that I saw a check for 48,000 dollars for one months due issued to the POA. If you remember, Winston and the POA loved NRP and gave them the list of everyone that had bought or owned a lot in the village. At 90 dollars a lot, that would have come out to about 534 lots. Many people that bought lots from them paid cash or used their own bank.
Jeannie Pilgrim

Loudon, TN

#26 Nov 17, 2012
Glenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Allowing only 10 per cent of the votes to pass anything is a sure way to give Winston and the POA, along with HOA everything they desire down the line.
Glenn, can the Board pass THIS bylaw without a vote by us the Property Owners? They seem to do what they want anyway. I was under the impression - at least this is the impression the board gave, that the amendment was to get "rid" of the developer portion - which according to all I read is a waste of money.
J Watkins

Loudon, TN

#27 Nov 17, 2012
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn, can the Board pass THIS bylaw without a vote by us the Property Owners? They seem to do what they want anyway. I was under the impression - at least this is the impression the board gave, that the amendment was to get "rid" of the developer portion - which according to all I read is a waste of money.
Jeannie are you saying you didn't even read the change in the by laws? Glenn is right it is changing it to 10% where the Friends of the POA and the HOA will have total control to change anything they want. I heard this is all about the long range planning committee wanting a theatre and every other stupid thing you can think of. The 10% will have control to add any debt they want. Guess you missed the Finance Committee meeting. One of the bobbleheads is requesting that we use all of the money in reserves to build some of these desired new amenities and get a loan for the rest. They were saying why do we need the reserves so they are going to be considering spending the reserves.
Glenn

Loudon, TN

#28 Nov 18, 2012
J Watkins wrote:
<quoted text>Jeannie are you saying you didn't even read the change in the by laws? Glenn is right it is changing it to 10% where the Friends of the POA and the HOA will have total control to change anything they want. I heard this is all about the long range planning committee wanting a theatre and every other stupid thing you can think of. The 10% will have control to add any debt they want. Guess you missed the Finance Committee meeting. One of the bobbleheads is requesting that we use all of the money in reserves to build some of these desired new amenities and get a loan for the rest. They were saying why do we need the reserves so they are going to be considering spending the reserves.
Another reason for fighting any change in the new rule on indemnification. According to the way it is wirtten, we cannot hold Winston or anyone else working for village, encluding board members for any wrong they may do. Talk about turning the hen house over to the fox, well this is it my firends. We are screwed.
Prospective TV Resident

Doha, Qatar

#29 Nov 23, 2012
We have owned a lot in Tellico Village for a few years and are having our house plans just about finished with a building start early 2013.

I have visited Tellico Village a couple of times and met a few people.

My overall impression has been that this would be a good place to live, play golf and do a lot of other activities that we like to do.

Reading some of the posts above really makes me wonder if this is a place we should even consider.

It would make us feel better if we saw some more positive notes to balance off the very negative ones with bad language in them.
old timer sr

Loudon, TN

#30 Nov 23, 2012
Prospective TV Resident wrote:
We have owned a lot in Tellico Village for a few years and are having our house plans just about finished with a building start early 2013.
My overall impression has been that this would be a good place to live, play golf and do a lot of other activities that we like to do.
Reading some of the posts above really makes me wonder if this is a place we should even consider.
It would make us feel better if we saw some more positive notes to balance off the very negative ones with bad language in them.
Sorry but this place is far from a good place to live unless you don't mind your hard earned money stolen from you. The dues should be appr $50 but there is a lot of theft going on which has been proved.
Neighbor

White Pine, TN

#31 Nov 23, 2012
Don't let the rantings of a few cranks deter you. Visit, talk with real people, not someone lurking on Topix. Ask questions, visit the facilities, walk though a few neighborhoods and form your own opinion. Like any group of people, we have a few frustrated, bitter folks. I believe you'll find the vast majority of residents are satisfied with their choice to live here. I've been here 12 years. It's not perfect, but I have no regrets on my choice of Tellico Village.
Noah Vale

Loudon, TN

#32 Nov 23, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the rantings of a few cranks deter you. Visit, talk with real people, not someone lurking on Topix. Ask questions, visit the facilities, walk though a few neighborhoods and form your own opinion. Like any group of people, we have a few frustrated, bitter folks. I believe you'll find the vast majority of residents are satisfied with their choice to live here. I've been here 12 years. It's not perfect, but I have no regrets on my choice of Tellico Village.
The vast majority of people have no idea what is going on. I think there may be Ambien in the drinking water. I've asked quite a few times in the golf groups to estimate the salary of the General Manager. I think the highest estimate was $180K. The average was easily less than $150K.
In the case of this housing development - ignorance is truly bliss.
Jeannie Pilgrim

Apollo Beach, FL

#33 Nov 23, 2012
Noah Vale wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast majority of people have no idea what is going on. I think there may be Ambien in the drinking water. I've asked quite a few times in the golf groups to estimate the salary of the General Manager. I think the highest estimate was $180K. The average was easily less than $150K.
In the case of this housing development - ignorance is truly bliss.
It is actually apathy. They don't even think about it and realize that they are getting nothing for their $1200.00 per year. The fact that we are paying tremendous salaries for employees not needed and doing so little. We should not be "marketing" the village and especially selling lots. I did not move here to support that. Winston is making at least $200,000 per year and we have NO IDEA what perks and paid expenses he gets - we will never see that on a tax return. Giving the employees the perks we do in a not for profit is UNHEARD OF. Ask anyone who works for or who runs a true non profit.

The only hope would be an IRS audit.
oldgreg

United States

#34 Nov 23, 2012
Can't wait til you ole frucks die. Largest transfer of wealth will happen and the new cowboys of business will grow.
Rufus

Loudon, TN

#35 Nov 24, 2012
Tellico Village, along with the entire state of Tennessee is a wonderful place to live. Great weather, no income tax and low home owner taxes. The problem with Tellico Village is one man and a weak POA board. Winston Blazer is a crook and everyone in the village with any sense knows it. But our POA board, for some unknown reason will not get rid of him. The change in rules that he is asking for would indemnity him and all board members of any wrong doings in the past or into the future. Otherwise, they could steal the last penny from us and there would be nothing we could do. Not a bad rule for a known crook. Also, we are way over staffed with some where around 180 people. On any given day it is hard to find anyone working on the roads or whatever. Need to cut back and stop the spending.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36 Nov 24, 2012
cant afford it anyways
Watching

Knoxville, TN

#37 Nov 24, 2012
Rufus wrote:
<quoted text>
Tellico Village, along with the entire state of Tennessee is a wonderful place to live. Great weather, no income tax and low home owner taxes. The problem with Tellico Village is one man and a weak POA board. Winston Blazer is a crook and everyone in the village with any sense knows it. But our POA board, for some unknown reason will not get rid of him. The change in rules that he is asking for would indemnity him and all board members of any wrong doings in the past or into the future. Otherwise, they could steal the last penny from us and there would be nothing we could do. Not a bad rule for a known crook. Also, we are way over staffed with some where around 180 people. On any given day it is hard to find anyone working on the roads or whatever. Need to cut back and stop the spending.
Winston Blazer, a crook and a really, really good con man. I doubt if anyone knows what he gets in salary and benifits. He signs his own paycheck.
Jeannie Pilgrim

Apollo Beach, FL

#38 Nov 24, 2012
Like I said only an IRS audit will do it - get my drift????? When they ask the documents you have no choice and you don't get to ask them why. JUST OPEN YOUR BOOKS AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.
J Watkins

Loudon, TN

#39 Nov 24, 2012
Jeannie Pilgrim wrote:
Like I said only an IRS audit will do it - get my drift????? When they ask the documents you have no choice and you don't get to ask them why. JUST OPEN YOUR BOOKS AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.
I have already sent in my paperwork to the IRS about the fraud taking place here. More need to send in form 3949-A.
Jeannie Pilgrim

Apollo Beach, FL

#40 Nov 24, 2012
J Watkins wrote:
<quoted text>I have already sent in my paperwork to the IRS about the fraud taking place here. More need to send in form 3949-A.
I am having more do it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#41 Nov 24, 2012
What is form 3949-A?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Haslem 56 min Doc 46
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 2 hr Sleepy 856
Beth Haynes (Mar '12) 9 hr channel eight hot... 51
Best Knox Hospital to work as RN 9 hr spongebathme 6
dcs drug test (Jan '12) 14 hr MissCindy 35
Who is the best disability lawyer in Knoxville? (Nov '12) 14 hr MissCindy 23
stop stealing stuff. 16 hr Sam 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web