Bearden Health Care
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
g crusoe

United States

#1 Nov 24, 2013
Looking to identify other chronic pain sufferers who were rejected by LEGIT pain clinics simply because you were once a patient at BHC. Please share your story. I know I am not the only patient who ran away from them asap. It has been 5+ years since I was seen at BHC yet stigma remains.
real bigT

Sevierville, TN

#2 Dec 6, 2013
Well how come you didn't continue treatment at Bearden they discharge you?
TN Voter

Kennewick, WA

#3 Dec 6, 2013
Oxycontin, Roxycets or however you spell it are for folks with cancer... Not someone who has back pain... I have four disks in my back that were literally ruined due to a 18 ft fall and landing on steel components and the doctor was quick to give me 30mg Roxycets and all that did was phuck me up and my back was till in ungodly pain, so instead of jumping on the disability wagon and taking from folks like myself I decided to continue working and get the shots instead of getting addicted to damn pain killers ( heroin ) that were originally intended for CANCER patients that were DYING!!!! These heroin clinics ( that should be their real name ) need to be put out of business because they get you addicted then run you off to a damn Suboxone Doctor!!! Now Suboxone is used in Germany for pain and it does not keep you all messed up, but again it too is highly addictive, but it's used here in the USA to keep opiate users from going through withdrawals and guess what.... Tenncare ( what you and I pay for ) has no issue paying for it and that pisses me off because Tenncare is supposed to be for little girls and boys! Not idiots who get addicted to pain killers!!! Shut down all pain clinics and allow regular doctors to issue the pain killers!!!! You know these pain clinics are nothing more then legal drug dealers... That's why they take cash only... Think about it... I've seen this Shitt first hand... I got a sister in law who is a damn pain killer abuser!!!
grace crusoe

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2013
real bigT wrote:
Well how come you didn't continue treatment at Bearden they discharge you?
No I was not discharged. I tired of the constant hoops had to jump through. I was a compliant patient with no infractions. Also the wait time was ridiculous. I left them years ago and my current doc recently decided to get out of pain management. When contacting several clinics I was asked if'd ever been seen at Bearden. When I told them yes I was told they would not see anyone who'd ever been to Bearden. Scary.
Ran into an old friend a while back who had been a patient. They prescribed her 9 80mg oxycontin a day. She had the good sense not to take them. Apparently they want patients so dependent that they will kill to get meds.
Irresponsible practitioners are the main reason legitimate patients and clinicians have so much trouble. Apparently McNeil had a platoon of attorneys on retainer to cover his rear end and didn't care what effect the clinics practices had on patients.
You are mistaken

Seymour, TN

#6 Dec 11, 2013
Bearden was sold a few months ago and the new owner has changed the way they operate. Initially he cut people off or reduced the number of pills per day for patients.

When that happened a lot of patients left because they could not get the number of pills they wanted. They took everyone off Roxycodone and zanex.

I would say the patients who left did have a hard time getting accepted at another pain clinic and getting the meds they wanted.
grace crusoe

United States

#11 Dec 16, 2013
Who is the new owner of Bearden Health? How are they writing scripts i.e. 28 / 30 day? Wondering if Mildred is still in charge as well. If their practices have changed hoorah. The dosages of some patients were enough to keep them catatonic. I suspect the post with the change info was written by someone associated with clinic since it is anonymous. Would like to know how many people have been turned away at legit clinics because they were once a Bearden client.
grace crusoe

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2013
Earl get a life.
Cindy

Monroe, NC

#14 Dec 17, 2013
I went to Bearden for 5 years. Someone new did take over it got to the point I couldn't afford to go. 600.00 for the drug test 100.00 for pill counts the office visit 200. Plus another 750.00 for my meds. So I looked for me another Doc. I have been to 4 clinics they all turn me down cause I went to Bearden.
Cindy

Monroe, NC

#15 Dec 17, 2013
My Bad didn't mean to hit twice
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#17 Dec 20, 2013
I am a current patient at Bearden. That is how I know of the changes. I am one of the legit patients that needs pain meds. The drug addicts are making it hard for those of us who really need help.

When the new person took over everyone was cut back on what they were getting. They no longer give OxyContin, Zanex or sleep medication. You have to see your permanent physician for those, if you need them.

When that happened a lot of the drug addicts quit coming. My permanent physician told me that you don't want to quit or get discharged from a pain clinic. If you do, it is hard to get into another clinic.

I would say that is why a lot of people are having a hard time finding a new pain clinic. Maybe those people really don't need pain meds and are really drug addicts or sell their pills to drug addicts.

There has to be a better way for the people who really need pain medication!
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#18 Dec 20, 2013
They now take insurance and are more legit. You are also treated a lot better.

I never wanted to be put on OxyContin and was not affected by the changes that were made.
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#19 Dec 20, 2013
Cindy wrote:
I went to Bearden for 5 years. Someone new did take over it got to the point I couldn't afford to go. 600.00 for the drug test 100.00 for pill counts the office visit 200. Plus another 750.00 for my meds. So I looked for me another Doc. I have been to 4 clinics they all turn me down cause I went to Bearden.
It is probably because of what you want them to prescribe.
PillHeadHater

Knoxville, TN

#20 Dec 20, 2013
Shut the fcuk up pillhead.
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#21 Dec 21, 2013
PillHeadHater wrote:
Shut the fcuk up pillhead.
Looks like I hit a nerve. You must be one of the pill heads who couldn't deal with the change and quit.
Clawed Balls

Knoxville, TN

#22 Dec 21, 2013
You Are Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I hit a nerve. You must be one of the pill heads who couldn't deal with the change and quit.
You couldn't hit anything you damned junkie. Freakin pillad.
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#23 Dec 21, 2013
Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me! I am not a junkie. In fact, I lead a very productive life and work a full time job and have lots of extra activities also.
Clawed Balls

Knoxville, TN

#24 Dec 21, 2013
You Are Mistaken wrote:
Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me! I am not a junkie. In fact, I lead a very productive life and work a full time job and have lots of extra activities also.
Then why do you need pills then dumbo? Damn liar junkie. Sticks and stones my a$S. Reality does bite though, loser.
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#25 Dec 22, 2013
Clawed Balls wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do you need pills then dumbo? Damn liar junkie. Sticks and stones my a$S. Reality does bite though, loser.
Not everyone that needs a pill every now and then is a junkie! It is ignorant people like you who are so stuck on things being the way they say, that makes it hard for everyone. If you had a terrible accident at work and had to live with pain, I guess you would just suffer and deal with excruciating pain for the rest of your life.

It is you and the real junkies that makes it hard for the people who really need pain medication. You are ignorant and the junkies having to get their fix are why people have to go to a pain clinic to begin with. People should be able to go to their family physician and not to a pain clinic. People who need medication are condemned and made to feel like something is wrong with them because of ignorant people like you.

I work every day and live a very productive life because I am able to take medication when the pain becomes unbearable.

What goes around comes around and I hope you never have to deal with pain! Everyone is not a junkie you ignorant jerk.
Weeg

Knoxville, TN

#26 Dec 22, 2013
Nobody is mistaken. We know junkie scum when we see it here. And you're just another in a long line of them.
You Are Mistaken

Seymour, TN

#27 Dec 22, 2013
Whatever JERK OFF!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you smell that? 9 min rustyshackleford 18
Vincent Andreula 5 hr XXX 2
Moreland janitorial/Angela Douglas "Moreland" 7 hr Justaguy 1
tn republicans raised gas tax 9 hr South Knox Hombre 10
Will West, Pony He Rides 98.7 FM 18 hr Jack Meoff 9
Yoga Wed Star Rider 4
Murray Guard Inc Wed John 1

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance