Does anyone know of a pharmacist that...

Does anyone know of a pharmacist that don't lie

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Curious George

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Well I have a forn pharmas that keeps tellin me that they don't have my roxy 30s and morp15s they been out of my meds since three weeks ago and tellin me that I can go somewhere else to fill them. Well I have a contract with them and the pharms said it aparently isn't with them it is between me and my pain dr. Is that true? Ain't they suppose to keep my meds in hell they wouldn't even give me one Zax
Wheres the drugs

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2013
I go to comprehensive and stephany told me to go to food city. Where do you go
Curious George

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2013
Foodcity off of deanhill maybe u should go to foodcity Hardin valley
Wheres the drugs

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jul 14, 2013
That's where I go...and they won't even call and help me get my medication
Curious George

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 14, 2013
That's probably corperate being douch bags
Here is the truth

Maryville, TN

#6 Jul 14, 2013
I work as a pharmacy tech in a major pharmacy. There is pressure from the Tn State board to decrease the sale of "controlled substances" or the resale of pain medications. Because the state CAN'T control the drug epidemic they have put it on the "local pharmacies" It is up to each pharmacist to decide if they feel that the prescription/diagnosis is legit. MOST pharmacy just tell people that they don't have them. Just because you have a "pain contract" doesn't mean 100% of the people are legit. If you want to be pissed at somebody - be mad at the drug abusers/dealers. I am not implying that you fall into that category. Most pharmacy don't recognize "pain clinics" due to the fact that for the right price you can get a Dr to write a prescription for anything. I could list 20 things that tip pharmacy's off to if the RX is legit but don't want to bore you with that.
Here's my advice - if your Dr is on the "good list" (yes we have a list) have he or she call the local pharmacy - answer our questions, establish "your" need for such a high quantity of the medication and explain why you need all the different pain meds your requesting. From that most pharmacies will make notes in your file, look you up in the national database to make sure your not "pharmacy shopping/hopping" and then work with you to get your medication on a regular basis.
Here's just a tip for most:
1) Don't refer to medication by there street name 2) If you have Tenncare or some other Gov't insurance, don't whip out $600 in cash to pay for "YOUR" pain meds
3) Don't come in looking like you "tweeking" or in dyer need of a "fix"
Good luck....
big c

United States

#7 Jul 14, 2013
Here is the truth wrote:
I work as a pharmacy tech in a major pharmacy. There is pressure from the Tn State board to decrease the sale of "controlled substances" or the resale of pain medications. Because the state CAN'T control the drug epidemic they have put it on the "local pharmacies" It is up to each pharmacist to decide if they feel that the prescription/diagnosis is legit. MOST pharmacy just tell people that they don't have them. Just because you have a "pain contract" doesn't mean 100% of the people are legit. If you want to be pissed at somebody - be mad at the drug abusers/dealers. I am not implying that you fall into that category. Most pharmacy don't recognize "pain clinics" due to the fact that for the right price you can get a Dr to write a prescription for anything. I could list 20 things that tip pharmacy's off to if the RX is legit but don't want to bore you with that.
Here's my advice - if your Dr is on the "good list" (yes we have a list) have he or she call the local pharmacy - answer our questions, establish "your" need for such a high quantity of the medication and explain why you need all the different pain meds your requesting. From that most pharmacies will make notes in your file, look you up in the national database to make sure your not "pharmacy shopping/hopping" and then work with you to get your medication on a regular basis.
1) Don't refer to medication by there street name 2) If you have Tenncare or some other Gov't insurance, don't whip out $600 in cash to pay for "YOUR" pain meds
Good luck....
good post,i like your take on this,it is a problem without an easy answer
Curious George

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 14, 2013
Here is the truth wrote:

Good luck....
Very good information. Thanks
newbeeze

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2013
They are almost all liers. Most of them skim a few pain pills out of each prescrition. It may be just a couple but at the end of the day it adds up to a bunch. Wallgreens in Fountain City had a couple of girls doing this. They in turn would give them to their husbands to sell. Nice world we live in when thos jerks at Walgreens are drug addicts.
newbeeze

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 15, 2013
Screw you Makers Azzhole
Not a criminal

Campobello, SC

#12 Jul 17, 2013
Here is the truth wrote:
Good luck....
Please post the 20 things... I'm curious why I was turned away from Food City last week after being a customer for over 3 years... I'm in my 50s, same doctor I've always had, have insurance, 3 other meds besides the pain meds, but was simply told "we're out." No help calling another location, nothing except rudeness...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP WINS! Get out of our Country weirdos! 4 hr Bull Durham 33
News Parents want answers in alleged student paddling (Mar '08) 5 hr Just Saying 23
AIPAC Rebukes Trump For Anti-Obama Comments (Mar '16) 17 hr Cabbage 10
News OUR STORIES: The legendary life of Knoxville's ... (Mar '07) 19 hr Ruby jones 68
Need info 19 hr Pimp 2
Jeremiah Wayne Buhl 19 hr Help 2
creepers (Oct '14) 20 hr Angrypappy 15

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages