How long does a background check for ...

How long does a background check for employment take?

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Since: Dec 13

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 20, 2013
I've been offered a job which is conditional on a background check. I've taken a drug test, filled out more paperwork and been scanned from one end to the next to get this stupid part time AT HOME job doing phone work!

The background check is only another thing in a list a mile long. I've worked for the government and haven't been looked at like this bunch of yahoos is doing!

So anyway, last week on Wednesday they started the "background check" and now it's Friday of the following week and still nothing?! I've been offered the job...conditionally of course, that I pass the credit check, drug test and background.

If people on benefits had to work this hard to get benefits as WE do to get or keep a freaking JOB, things might be very different in this country! Answers? Input? Anything from anyone?? HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I EXPLODE!???

Thanks,~~QM~~
Fez

Harriman, TN

#2 Dec 20, 2013
Usually a week on the BG check. Have you moved a lot?

I find a credit check abit fishy, did they ask for access to a Facebook or google+. Account?
Quiet Madness

Knoxville, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2013
No, the company is legit. The work is done in my own home office instead of a regular brick & mortar type job where I'd be commuting every day.

They checked (and verified) EVERYTHING back 15 yrs into my past! However, at the last minute if the business today, found out I did in fact pass the checks and got the job!

So I guess the answer to the question is "from 4-14 business days!" *so happy*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating pastor at Freedom Worship Center 23 min Sick 2
C&C Fencing 6 hr XXX 6
How much money does Maryville's football make? 7 hr Football fan 1
How much money does Maryville's football coach ... 7 hr Football fan 1
Kimberly Rene Skeen - Prostie 11 hr Taco Chomper 1
Confederate flag rally 13 hr just wondering 1
Gas stations accepting EBT (food stamps) Sat Peanut Noor 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages