Jess

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

I currently have a relative at Tennova. I'm not sure if it is all the restructuring that is going on there but I am not impressed with this place at all... in fact a little scared. The care he is receiving reminds me more of a nursing home than a hospital. I have had more than one person that has a relative there ask me if I thought something was weard about the place. I am thinking of moving him to a different hospital if i can. Which would you recommend?
Arm a gettin

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Jess wrote:
I currently have a relative at Tennova. I'm not sure if it is all the restructuring that is going on there but I am not impressed with this place at all... in fact a little scared. The care he is receiving reminds me more of a nursing home than a hospital. I have had more than one person that has a relative there ask me if I thought something was weard about the place. I am thinking of moving him to a different hospital if i can. Which would you recommend?
I definitely recommend a move. Park West is a good option. UT is also a good option. Methodist Oak Ridge is OK.
tennova sucks

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Jess wrote:
i just got out of that damn place and i definitely wouldn't go back. i didn't go there by choice, i was just so sick a family member got me there. they will not control ur pain, so u suffer alot. i am also bi polar and they would not give me my phys meds either, after being awake for six days and nights my sis finally came to my house and got them for me cause she said i was about to lose my mind. they finally did give me two shots of ativan to help me go to sleep, i was so sleep deprived i only halluncinated. if they had given me my pain and phys meds they could have gotten my pain under control easily. they ended up giving me about a drop compared what i was prescribed. they would not even give what i was prescribed, which the nurses kept telling me they had to but they didn't.
GoToParkwest

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Judged:

My father passed away at Parkwest after being taken there from another hospital. They were amazing and did everything they could for him and our family.. To this day, I know in my heart that he would be with us right now if he had been in Parkwest first or sooner.
ccc

Friendsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

hospital care is on the decline ..
Parkwest

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

Parkwest is very very good, my MIL came to live with me when she found out she has 4th stage breast cancer and we ended up putting her in the hospital at Parkwest, there was nothing they could do for her other then keep her comfortable and they were very good at it, very attentive and helped me a lot too.

I have been to the ER there very often due to my kidney problems and they have always treated me well.
Jess

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

Thanks for all your comments. He is home now THANK GOD!! That place is a nightmare. I'M lucky i got him out alive. I have never been in a more disorganized and incompetent hospital in all my life not to mention the thieves. I will definitely try one of the hospitals you mentioned next time. If you care at all about your relatives DO NOT take them to Tennova!
Pete Walker

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Went to the ER North Tennova due a stroke Veteran day (as a VA) and they started treatment until the Dr advised the VA would not pay for needed the test so was told the VA would just come get me and they would not give me any help to get more all the needed test to see if possible getting another stroke. VA advised they would have paid all needed
biggin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

UT is best and all the rest is sucking wind.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

I like UT. It is a Level One Trauma Center and a teaching hospital. Also, it is a holds the Magnet certification. I suggest Googling this to see what an honor it is for a hospital to earn this. There are only about 300 hospitals nationwide that have earned the Magnet designation.
CCR

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

I was at Tennova West last month for a CT which I hadn't been feeling well I had talked to the Tech who was doing my CT told her I wasn't doing well and was going to go to the ER afterwards, she walked me over to the ER where I ended up me having a portal vein thrombosis I had some of the best care I've ever received in the hospital and I've been in a few. If they had not caught my blood clot when they did the out come would have been very bad; either I would have died from liver failure or I would be on the waiting list for a liver transplant I'm very greatful for their care the nurses, doctors were great I had some of the best doctors in the area taking care of me . I've also have to give Park West a good name as well very clean, good caring doctors and nurses.
Katie

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Well I like UT and Park West. Methodist in Oak Ridge I would not take my dog to.
Almost _DIED_AT_Tennova

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Stay away from Tennova Turkey Creek. Horrible, uncaring employees, more interested in neglecting patients and taking smoke breaks than any actual care. Awful management--that admitted I was treated horribly and acknowledged everything that was done wrong-- but still insisting I pay the bill for the worst health "care" ever and gross mistreatment (rudeness, negelect, meds errors). I am an educated professional and was absolutely shocked at how their staff treats patients and how management truly supports them in their gross mistreatment and seems to actually encourage them in neglecting patient care. I was nearly dead when I got to the E.R. and worse when I "escaped" from this facility. Scariest experience ever! It's like a horror film there. My insurance paid them over $60,000; and my portion is only like $2,000. Just as a matter of principle, I was expecting they'd write it off after admitting I was severely neglected as a patient and afirming that their staff mistreated me... but NO way... it's ALL about money to this place. I'm writing them a check, but I'll be sure to warn everyone, everywhere to STAY AWAY.
Ten nova Powell tn

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Worst hospital ever been in.
horrible

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Tennova IN Powell, is the most horrible healthcare experience I have ever had in my life. They let me sit 3 hours in the waiting room with a kidney stone, they had already diagnosed me with one and sent me back out to sit another 3 hours with no pain meds or anything. I passed the stone in the waiting room, they did not even bother to take my temp, until I left. after them asking if I had a fever 10 times and me telling them I had never had my temp taken, they gave me no antibiotics when I left, I had my 5 year old with me we were there from 7pm til after 4 am. with very little doctor interaction. what should have been under 3 hours was long and drawn out, I sat and watched them play on the internet and joke and cut up after finally 6 hours later being given a bed in the er.
Smarter than you

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Please post if you are interested in organizing an anti-Tennova website dedicted to acting as a voice against Tennova. Maybe we can help save other people from suffering at their hands by become a louder voice together.
Alicia

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

How about an anti-tennova Facebook page? I can explain some of the issues with the staff at these places. It's not going to get any better & there needs to be a large scale complaint board for staff, patients, and their families. Facebook is easy to share this kind of thing. Tennova, or whatever the hell it's going to be called next year, has the potential to be an amazing place to work and receive care.
Tennova survivor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

The Turkey Creek place needs to be turned upside down by the AG. Pain pills sometimes never make it to the patients. CT scan report was so (dangerously) wrong it was laughed at by my Drs. During another scan radiologist IGNORED his techs, both told him I had a blockage. Report to Dr was normal. Shortly after had GB attack fell 15 ft and was badly injured. Emergency trip to TC (told driver Park West, he thought Tennova west?) and surgery. Year later and still in bad shape and pain from surgery. Nurses kept forgetting why I was in bed (broken ribs, fall risk bracelet ?). Never got half the pain meds I was billed for, and had to beg for them so I could breathe (ribs). Not once in week was I helped up for the bathroom or to wash. I had a GI bleed the whole time, my blood count dropped, and they sent me home that way with no idea why. One tried to knock me out with sleeping pills even though I told her over and over I had a heart condition and I could not take them. Then swapped out my half-tylenol pain pills for and Excedren, like I couldn't tell (good for a GI bleed). Plus they blew out at least ten veins drawing blood. RUN from the place.
Ciera

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Go ANYWHERE except Tennova. They are absolutely the worst hospital I have ever set foot in. The nurses are so lazy and rude. They don't care AT ALL about the patients. It's just a pay check. They have no bedside manners. They don't communicate well. They are VERY inconsistent with meds. My uncle is currently here and because they are too lazy and no one wants to watch him, a member of my family has to sit with him over night so he doesn't try to get up. We all have lives and we have to completely put everything on hold to come and sit in his room because the nurses don't want to. One of the nurses has even said "I'm not going to help him get up to use the bathroom because I'm not throwing my back out because of you." To my uncle. The fuck? They are SHIT. Don't expect anyone to get better if they come here.

Since: Jun 13

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ONE NOTE. Tenova Jefferson Co. Recently Tenova cut some benefits to their employees, I saw on the news. Well my sister-in-law was admitted to Jefferson Co. Tenova. I was in the cafeteria and overheard the two Engineering supervisors talking about how the hospital was going down the tubes since new ceo and Tenova had took over. So makes you wonder how the healthcare is if the employees are saying this. I would like to let Tenova know about these guys saying this.Its as if they wanted visitors to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••