Is Knoxville,TN a nice place to live?
TN Voter

United States

#45 Sep 24, 2013
We lived off of merchants in a new neighborhood! We left! We moved north of the city. The town is nice and you have some good people, but as with all larger cities Knoxville has its issues.. It does have areas in it that are very dangerous and as a whole people take things way too seriously... Knoxville is not an industrial city. It lost its industry in the 90's, so good paying jobs are few and far between. Now comparing the city to Miami, Pittsburgh or Seattle I'd rather live in Knoxville. For the most part it still has values and morals. It has beauty to it. Mountains surround the county but if I were moving to Knoxville I'd live in the halls area, because west Knoxville is too expensive for what you get and most there try to act like something their not... They'll even go in debt to their chins just so you'll think their rich, but their in debt!!!
Knoxvillian

Antioch, TN

#46 Sep 28, 2013
West Knoxville is by far the nicest area, but it will cost you. 3-4 bedroom homes go for 300-400k. But, you pay for what you get. West Knox has low crime, shopping, and the best schools.
Hardin Valley and Farragut are two OUTSTANDING public high schools in west Knox County. The rest of the high schools in Knoxville are not even comparable.

East Knoxville should be avoided at all costs. Drugs and gang-related crime occurs often. Not a good area.

North Knoxville- not dangerous particularly, but schools aren't great.. Kind of run down

South Knoxville- horrible schools, crime

Downtown is a very nice place to live and/or visit. Not dangerous and has a lot of good restaurants/shopping.

I generally feel like people are welcomed, no matter where they are from. The people of Knoxville are generally friendly. This is overall a great place to live.
penny

West Covina, CA

#47 Sep 29, 2013
I heard Tennessee is a racist state. Word is everybody looks like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June. Remember, Tennessee is in the SOUTH! Hello?
TN Voter

Kennewick, WA

#48 Sep 29, 2013
penny wrote:
I heard Tennessee is a racist state. Word is everybody looks like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June. Remember, Tennessee is in the SOUTH! Hello?
Yes it's terrible place... Please don't come here!! Everyone is racist and you're right they all look like honey boo-boo

Just stay up north!!! The north is the place to be, great roads, states in bankruptcy and no industry... Yeah stay out if Tennessee!!! Yep!!
Ridge Runner

Knoxville, TN

#49 Sep 30, 2013
Scrabblelady66 wrote:
I would love to hear about Knoxville and the surrounding area. We are from FL living in NorthWestern TN in a rural area- not liking it so much...looking for a little urban but some nice 'home town' feel...we have younger kids so looking for a nice area with fun things to do for families, shopping,diversity,etc. Would love to hear about the Knoxville area...

Knoxville is a nice town. It's a good place to raise a family. Like most towns you will find both good and bad but over all people are friendly. I'll break it down some. When you get here you will see we break it down to North, South, East & West Knoxville. South Knoxville is the oldest part of town. Lots of old houses and business. As for the schools well they could be better. Good people & most of them are the born & raised here crowd. East & North Knoxville both have older neighborhoods and pretty good schools. West Knoxville is where you will find lots of new construction. New stores, houses & schools. Most of Knoxville's growth had headed west for some reason.
Your parole officer

Knoxville, TN

#50 Sep 30, 2013
penny wrote:
Penny you are a idiot! You herd? Word is? Yes, Tennessee is a southern state but to call everyone in the state a racist makes you sound ignorant. Then to follow it up by saying "everyone" looks like Honey & June? Where do YOU get off judging anyone? Tennessee has a very diverse population and over all is very open minded. What we do is mind our own business and take care of our own. We will also come to the aid of anyone who needs us. We are called the volunteer state. So as a resident of the fine state of Tennessee you can kiss my southern ass. Oh and if you don't like Tennessee stay the hell out of it. We wouldn't miss your ill informed ass anyway.
Your parole officer

Knoxville, TN

#51 Sep 30, 2013
ihatethebiblebelt wrote:
This place sucks. I have lived in lots of other cities and states and I have never in my life had a harder time making friends. There are tons of religious folks who believe in the bible literally but are nothing but hypocrites. Seriously. I have never met more toothless idiots than I have here and I grew up in KY. Believe me, I will be leaving this shithole asap! There is not much to do and a trendous lack of diversity.
If you had trouble making friends in Knoxville there is a reason for that. People here have the ability to see when someone is trying to hustle them. We have had to deal with way to many interlopers such as your self. Before you call us toothless idiots you might want to look at your own demographic. Kentucky has lower ranked schools, a history of ramped incest rates & more snake charmers than an Moroccan market! Go back to Ken-tuck we'll never miss you seeing how you never made any friends anyway.
penny

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Sep 30, 2013
@parole officer

Easy now officer.honey...now I know all don't look like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June. It's just at your family reunion, I just saw all your women-folk participating in the pie eating contest, and mathematically came to that conclusion. My bad! If it's any consolation, just loved how you renovated and redecorated your trailer. ; D

Have a nice day!
LOL

United States

#53 Sep 30, 2013
Just get rid of the liberal leech suckers who live off the hard working people. You know what I'm saying!
Your parole officer

Knoxville, TN

#54 Oct 1, 2013
penny wrote:
@parole officer
Easy now officer.honey...now I know all don't look like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June. It's just at your family reunion, I just saw all your women-folk participating in the pie eating contest, and mathematically came to that conclusion. My bad! If it's any consolation, just loved how you renovated and redecorated your trailer. ; D
Have a nice day!
Let me say it again PENNY YOU ARE A IDIOT! You know nothing about me or anyone else in the state of TN! I would bet you are the one who's a morbidly obese beast of a idiot who lives in a ratty ass old double wide and drives a old nasty lop sided car with bald tires. You don't like Tenn. fine we get it. We wouldn't like you either.
Penny

Henderson, NV

#55 Oct 1, 2013
Your parole officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say it again PENNY YOU ARE A IDIOT! You know nothing about me or anyone else in the state of TN! I would bet you are the one who's a morbidly obese beast of a idiot who lives in a ratty ass old double wide and drives a old nasty lop sided car with bald tires. You don't like Tenn. fine we get it. We wouldn't like you either.
Honey, I'm the idiot? You can't even differentiate how to use articles in a sentence.

You use "a" before words beginning with a consonant such as "a red neck". You use "an" before words beginning with a vowel, "an ignorant tralier dweller".

Regards to Jed, Jethro and Elly May! lmaoffff
Penny

Henderson, NV

#56 Oct 1, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it's terrible place... Please don't come here!! Everyone is racist and you're right they all look like honey boo-boo
Just stay up north!!! The north is the place to be, great roads, states in bankruptcy and no industry... Yeah stay out if Tennessee!!! Yep!!
LOL...I think "Los Angeles, California" is out WEST. Honey, you strengthen the term "red-neck" to its maximum.

Tell your mama, who also happens to be your sister, Pearle hello!
Penny

Henderson, NV

#57 Oct 1, 2013
White Tennesse Trailer woman has 5 boys and she is being interviewed by a journalist studying hick-life in the south.

Boys playing outside, Trailer Woman, yells "Jed, Jed, Jed, Jed, Jed, come inside, time for dinner!"

Journalist: "Miss Trailer, all your 5 boys are named JED?"

Trailer Woman: "Yeah, why?"

Journalist: "What if you want to talk to them one at a time?"

Trailer Woman: "Oh, then I'll just call them by their daddy's last name!"

BOOM!
Dave Cutris

Knoxville, TN

#58 Oct 2, 2013
Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm the idiot? You can't even differentiate how to use articles in a sentence.
You use "a" before words beginning with a consonant such as "a red neck". You use "an" before words beginning with a vowel, "an ignorant tralier dweller".
Regards to Jed, Jethro and Elly May! lmaoffff
Hello old friend did you ever find that rich man? I see it says you live in California now. Are you really in California or just a another halfway house? I would to run into you. We have a lot to talk about. See you soon.
princess toyota

Baldwin Park, CA

#59 Oct 2, 2013
Dave Cutris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello old friend did you ever find that rich man? I see it says you live in California now. Are you really in California or just a another halfway house? I would to run into you. We have a lot to talk about. See you soon.
Hey baby! No, ain't at the half way house anymore. I will be going back there tonight, however, to visit your mama though!..She sends her regards...

BOOM!
TN Voter

Kennewick, WA

#60 Oct 2, 2013
penny wrote:
@parole officer
Have a nice day!
Well don't come to Tennessee... You're right ok... Why are you still there! It's a terrible place, go back up to the shitholes up north, wait I meant to say gods country up there, yeah, great place up there... Unemployment is what? Around 50%? That's great! You'll have a 50% chance on getting a great job..... Real low taxes too... Please leave now...
princess toyota

Los Angeles, CA

#61 Oct 2, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't come to Tennessee... You're right ok... Why are you still there! It's a terrible place, go back up to the shitholes up north, wait I meant to say gods country up there, yeah, great place up there... Unemployment is what? Around 50%? That's great! You'll have a 50% chance on getting a great job..... Real low taxes too... Please leave now...
Sweetie...Los Angeles, California is out WEST! LOL
Take your banjo, put some air in them tires of your trailer, hook it up to a uhaul, and hit them highways and byways. Maybe you'll learn some geography. Have Jethro drive.
princess toyota

Los Angeles, CA

#62 Oct 2, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
SWEETIE, God's country is the South, correct? It was less then a generation ago where church denominations sent missionaries to Africa to spread the Gospel. Yet, had those same African converts come to visit your Tennessee churches, they would not even been allowed! Explain Mama June!
blah blah blah

Knoxville, TN

#63 Oct 3, 2013
princess toyota wrote:
<quoted text>
SWEETIE, God's country is the South, correct? It was less then a generation ago where church denominations sent missionaries to Africa to spread the Gospel. Yet, had those same African converts come to visit your Tennessee churches, they would not even been allowed! Explain Mama June!
blah! blah! blah! blah! You are so boring and common.
You are just another nasty troll. Trolling around looking for someone to razz. You are so boring and ignorant just go away.
witchy wow

Strawberry Plains, TN

#64 Oct 3, 2013
Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I think "Los Angeles, California" is out WEST. Honey, you strengthen the term "red-neck" to its maximum.
Tell your mama, who also happens to be your sister, Pearle hello!
Hey y'all, better ease up on ole Penny! After all she is from Los Angeles! She may have one of her homies pop a cap in your ass. Surely she is a member of a gang since she isn't a rich celebrity. Hey Penny why are you talking to us about Jed, Jethro and Ellie Mae? Those folks moved to your parts, down yonder ways. Sheesh, what an idiot. Blah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pray for Pat 1 hr Smokey 3
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 3 hr Susan 72
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... 4 hr South Knox Hombre 8
Greenback Music Thread (Sep '13) 5 hr Musikologist 9
Heath Babb Mon James 142
to the women that sleep with married men Mon Everyone in White... 94
News Winkler trial not the only thing in Selmer (Apr '07) Dec '15 exo 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages