Lenoir City Schools addresses pest pr...

Lenoir City Schools addresses pest problem

There are 5 comments on the Loudon County News story from Mar 25, 2013, titled Lenoir City Schools addresses pest problem. In it, Loudon County News reports that:

Before Lenoir City Board of Education members, central office staff and other school administrators sat down to a hearty lunch in the board room, they had to maintain a strong stomach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loudon County News.

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Clean the place each day?
heaven help us all

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 29, 2013
The board determined the pest problem was awful. They have had this problem for 20 years but the School Principle was unaware of this. So they decided to Re-Award the contract to the same pest control company that allowed the infestation to exist?

The board discussed ways to combat an ongoing pest problem at Lenoir City High School's gym concession stand.

Mike Sims, supervisor of support services, said it's been a never-ending battle for 20 years

Principal Steve Millsaps said he has not heard any complaints.

"Hey, I've been out there, and I've seen roaches that big run by you," Johnson said, holding his index fingers about two inches apart. "That big they'd attack you, and mice are running around everywhere."

Sims said Frontier Pest Control treats the facilities every month.

After about 10 minutes of discussion, the board decided to award the bid to Frontier Pest Control and let Sims and Superintendent Jeanne Barker research the feasibility of storage alternatives.

Wonder if this will bring in more clients for Frontier since the LCSB could not enjoy their lunch for the little critters running around.

Once again we taxpayers are well represented.

“I am the one”

Since: Mar 13

Mount Olympus

#3 Mar 29, 2013
heaven help us all

Knoxville, TN

#4 Apr 1, 2013
Seems like justus chickens are the only ones interested in this, guys.

I guess this is how they award the contracts. I wonder if willie and nillie know about this?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 1, 2013
The principal has not heard any complaints, because it's been going on for 20 years now and everyone is used to it.

DUH... But we've always done it like that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dcs drug test (Jan '12) 16 hr Correct 69
Massage parlor next to papa Murphy's pizza 18 hr Larry 4
Tennessee good move or nah 19 hr VTHokies 5
News Knox deputies bust meth lab on Old Rutledge Pike (Oct '07) 23 hr Dammit 174
Looking for PAM (Howard) HUDGINS (Dec '08) Sat her daughter 3
Ogle, Elrod and Baril (Mar '13) Fri Ralph Ratchetballz 32
needing good handyman Fri Jeff Junkinpantz 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages