a coworker that uses drugs how to tel...
lyingidiot

Knoxville, TN

#24 Dec 10, 2013
That's not true. Almost all employment applications give the employer the right to drug test. But if they didn't it's the company's call to make you moron.
help

Morristown, TN

#25 Dec 10, 2013
So if I get hurt because my co worker is a drug abuser and I dont want to be considered a snitch, I should be ok with that??? Hell no !!! Im telling and I already told im not gonna get hurt because of a drug abuser .. The people on here calling me a snitch is because one they use drugs two they don't have a stable job and three they don't care about there life
Goose

Knoxville, TN

#26 Dec 10, 2013
help wrote:
I work at a factory. And I know of a coworker that does drugs at work and sells drugs at work also, I dont know how to tell my employer.. I dont want him to know I told on him but his a big hazard to my job and to the company .. I thought about sending a anonymous email to the company but I dont know if it would work?? How should I go about this
Talk to a detective in your local jurisdiction. Tell them everything you have observed.
They must protect your anonymity, or be sued.
They can figure out the best way to bust this person.
It's a criminal matter. Let the LEOs approach the company.
That's my advice.
TN Voter

Kennewick, WA

#29 Dec 10, 2013
help wrote:
So if I get hurt because my co worker is a drug abuser and I dont want to be considered a snitch, I should be ok with that??? Hell no !!! Im telling and I already told im not gonna get hurt because of a drug abuser .. The people on here calling me a snitch is because one they use drugs two they don't have a stable job and three they don't care about there life
Go talk to your safety manager, Human Resources Mgr or your Supervisor... Instead if talking about this on Topix please do something! If it would have been me I would have said something by now! You've been talking about this now for quite sometime now.... Either do something about it or don't, but stop talking about it and do something
parkridgepunk

United States

#31 Dec 12, 2013
dear help,

DONT BE A BITCH! be an adult. no one likes a rat, even sober people. it will come out it was you. who knows, maybe the manager supplies or buys!

politly and calmly let the user/dealer know that you know. if it truely is a danger (like him and his clients nodding off operatting machinery) yiuou need to stress that in your conversation wirath this coworker. however if dude is smoking pot and selling dime bags (10$ bags) and you work at pizza hut, you should probably just quit.

snitches are bitches who end up with stitches.
parkridgepunk

United States

#32 Dec 12, 2013
Excuse the spelling. I'm using a touch screen phone and my fingers are caloused from working hard. The phone and i have a hard time due to that. . . Also im stoned ;)
Wimpee Winnee

Oak Ridge, TN

#33 Dec 12, 2013
parkridgepunk wrote:
Excuse the spelling. I'm using a touch screen phone and my fingers are caloused from working hard. The phone and i have a hard time due to that... Also im stoned ;)
you are forgiven weed hopper, carry on son....
Harry Pothead

Knoxville, TN

#34 Dec 12, 2013
Turn him / her into HR and your boss. They are hurting my business.
Jethtrow

Oak Ridge, TN

#35 Dec 12, 2013
Harry Pothead wrote:
Turn him / her into HR and your boss. They are hurting my business.
you make my sheeps butts all wet and gressy
knoxtn77

Knoxville, TN

#36 May 28, 2015
john wrote:
a snitch is a snitch is a snitch.
don't be a wus, tell the guy how u personally feel. don't go over your and his head unless he doesn't listen
What are you 5? Snitch? Who says that? This is the grown up world no room for make bellieve criminals and idiots at the workforce.
been there

Knoxville, TN

#37 May 29, 2015
I worked in a TVA plant with someone who was naturally stupid and was compounding that stupidity by abusing drugs and alcohol. It was common knowledge, but he was also cooking meals on shift. BTW, that is very common in plants in this end of the state and played a significant role in several environmental releases and other incidents. Every control room in Kingston had a television and people actually brought pillows and blankets to work.

Anyway, this particular moron neglected to perform a safety inspection, and a boiler was fired with several doors on it left open. Management, in order to cover up the incident, ordered a crew to don firefighting equipment and to close the doors without shutting the boiler down. This exposed the crew to extreme risk, and one was almost blown over a handrail and would have fallen forty feet to concrete if he hadn't caught himself. The entire incident was covered up because it would have cost certain people a bonus if it was handled properly. What are a few lives when a bonus is involved?

If you take the issue forward, be prepared for retaliation. The Good Ol' Boy system is alive and well in this redneck state.
Captain Obvious

Oak Ridge, TN

#38 Jun 12, 2015
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that these people are telling you all of this advice! Guess What !! ITS THE WRONG ADVICE!
If you tell your employer that this man is doing drugs, and the company sends this man to get a drug test and the man fails the drug test ,....... THE MAN CAN SUE THE WHOLE FACTORY!!!!!!
It is ILLEGAL TO DRUG TEST A EMPLOYEE DUE TO HEARSAY!!! That's right! While it is very difficult to prove hearsay , this topix post is enough for him to use as evidence that his drug test was hearsay!
AT ANY JOB , ANYWHERE, NO MATTER WHAT .... UNLESS IT AFFECTS THE IMMEDIATE SAFETY OF OTHERS ... IT IS ILLEGAL TO DRUG TEST A WORKER BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID HE WAS ON DRUGS!!!!!!
So ... Lets say that this guy is working and his job really does not affect the safety of anyone in the plant, then it would be illegal to drug test him. So if he is working on a machine that NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND... Or if he is doing something BY HIMSELF... They can't drug test him!
NOW THEY PROBABLY WILL DRUG TEST HIM, but im saying that IT IS ILLEGAL!
If I was the man and I got drug tested at the factory .... and if I knew that this was on Topix , I would file a lawsuit against the company!
All he has to do is ask " Why Are You Drug Testing Me "
If the company says that he was randomly selected , then I would ask for the print out of the selection! If they refused to give it to me .... I would document that or get them to sign something saying that they can not give him a print out! Also , before I even had the conversation with them ... I would tape record the conversation!
So if they could not give me a print out of the random selection , they could also say that they suspected you! You can drug test for reasonable suspicion. And They may use this as their excuse!
Although it is very difficult to prove that they drug tested you on hearsay , if they can not provide any evidence of the reason they drug tested you ... you have a legit chance of getting them!
But yeah , If you tell the employer you are going to be labeled a snitch in the whole plant and also .... THEY CAN NOT DRUG TEST SOMEONE BECAUSE OF HEARSAY!
But employees sign a document agreeing to random drug tests.
The employer would simply need to state it was a random drug test. Or, better yet, fire this employee outright with no test at all.

AND let's not forget Tennessee is a right to work state. The employer could fire this person for any other reason, including not having a reason. While it's possible the employee could attempt to sue, it's a fact that companies have several ways to get it thrown out which makes your argument completely null. The burden of proof would rest solely on the employee and he would have to prove without a doubt the company violated his rights, which likely don't exist under the right to work law.

A snitch is a snitch, that's true but this isn't high school! If someone is under the influence at work, it's everyone elses duty to turn them in, even for the simple fact that people not doing drugs care enough about their jobs to pass a drug test and are earning the same paycheck. It's not fair to everyone else who abides by the rules.
Big daddy Kane

Kingston, TN

#39 Jun 15, 2015
Snitches get stitches beotch
been there

Knoxville, TN

#40 Jun 16, 2015
Big daddy Kane wrote:
Snitches get stitches beotch
Let us know if you still have that attitude after you or your team member is injured by the ineptitude of someone abusing substances while on the job.
XXX

Loudon, TN

#41 Jun 16, 2015
Big daddy Kane wrote:
Snitches get stitches beotch
Yeah and law breakers get jail time for assault, dumbass.
Big daddy Kane

United States

#42 Jun 16, 2015
Nah... gotta prove who it was!! A man can strike at anytime.. Plan ahead you know...snitch will be comfortable and not know when or where to look..lol
OMGSTFU

Knoxville, TN

#43 Jun 17, 2015
Excuse me....

In the state of Tennessee, yes, they CAN be tested just for hearsay. In Tennessee the employer has a right to know through whatsoever means if an employee is using drugs as it places everyone's safety at stake.

As it should be - listen up, people, no one loves a snitch? No one loves a fvcking idiot, either. If I have to worry about getting my head crushed or my a$$ run over because you're stoned, I'd run your a$$ off myself, or you'd be working alongside someone else. Get high on your own time when it doesn't affect whether or not someone is gonna get killed because you're a dumba$$ with no sense of personal responsibility or care for the safety of your co-workers. I've worked in factories over the years where people who WERE NOT high lost fingers, hands, and one dude who got his whole leg crushed. Hell no. Almost any job where you need the intelligence of a goldfish to perform it requires you to be alert. You can't be alert and doing your damn job if you're nodding off in the damn corner. Get stoned when you get home, but get your head out of your a$$ at work.

And speaking as a person who doesn't have my entire head up my own a$$, selling your product at work is amazingly stupid. You ever heard the term, don't $hit where you eat? That means don't sell drugs from your home and work. Jesus. Here's an idea, how about NOT selling them? You can tell yourself whatever bull$hit thing you want to, you're contributing to someone's addiction and misery and for all you know, that person didn't feed his kids anything that week except cheerios for three meals a day because he spent his whole paycheck buying drugs from your dumb a$$ so you could go blow it all on more drugs.

Get your $hit together, stop messing around and get this idiot out of there before he gets someone killed. You know, someone who ISN'T coming to work wasted.
OMGSTFU

Knoxville, TN

#44 Jun 17, 2015
And you can tell by reading this thread who actually 1. has a job and 2. doesn't get high at work. The end.
OMGSTFU

Knoxville, TN

#45 Jun 17, 2015
And no, do not 'tell the guy how you personally feel'- that is the advice of a moron.

Then when this idiot gets fired for any reason, he'll think you had something to do with it even if you didn't. Forget that. There is a reason for the term 'anonymous'. Send notes, emails, whatever - you don't have to identify yourself, and yes, one bit of attention drawn to this dude WILL wreck his whole enterprise. I guarantee you he'll be pi$$ing in a cup with no warning. Good riddance.
southern whitewash

Antioch, TN

#46 Jun 17, 2015
You have a right to a safe workplace. Go to HR. You are the better person. If they break the confidential nature and it gets out. Sue management.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Aubrey's location to be built at Kern's Bakery 20 min Asking 3
Sorry state of UT 7 hr John Tuggle 6
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 8 hr Tater salad 257
Word Association (Sep '10) 10 hr Alyssa76 48
Word Association (Mar '10) 10 hr Alyssa76 2,156
Massage parlor next to papa Murphy's pizza (Sep '15) 17 hr Donnie 42
phil jones Apr 7 jwbla1 1

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages