looking for pitbull puppy

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GoodHome

Pflugerville, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2011
Price and age are negotiable, but would prefer both stay reasonably low. If you are selling any or know of anyone who is please let me know and I will email you with a phone number
Just Saying

New Britain, CT

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Check out East Tennessee Pitbull Rescue, or the local animal shelter. They have plenty of pitbulls who need homes. And please dont say your not interested in a rescue because they spay or neuter or that you plan on breeding. Because there are enough of these wonderful dogs that dont have homes because of all the back yard breeders that are having litter after litter with no regards to where they will end up. So if you really want to own a pitbull start at the rescues or shelters first.
Your Stupid

Luttrell, TN

#3 Sep 13, 2011
GoodHome wrote:
Price and age are negotiable, but would prefer both stay reasonably low. If you are selling any or know of anyone who is please let me know and I will email you with a phone number
People with Pit Bulls are ignorant
Oh look there’s one down the road clamped on to that Childs throat.
Why don’t you go get that one?

Don’t forget to tell your homeowners or renters insurance you have a pit bull so they can cancel your dumb ass!
Sam

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Your Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t forget to tell your homeowners or renters insurance you have a pit bull so they can cancel your dumb ass!
What a hateful and ignorant comment. Although there have been some serious and unfortunate problems concerning pit bulls, that doesn't mean all are bad. It also has something to do with the way they're raised and treated. There have been attacks from Golden Retriever's, Chihuahua's, and the list goes on...The only difference is they're not Pit bulls so therefore they're not as important when it comes to the "News". You really need to educate yourself before going off on something you obviously know nothing about.
Thanks for looking

Nashville, TN

#5 Sep 13, 2011
Your Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously if you don't like them then why in the hell are you on this discussion. Nosy ass. you obviously don't have anything better to do.
Kayla

Nashville, TN

#6 Sep 13, 2011
Hello, I have a really nice light fawn with dark brendal and half white. She is a absolute sweetheart and we only breed for temperment and show, she is ckc registered and her pups are due sept. 22 so next thursday.lol. we are expecting them to be a full blue litter. They will be ckc reg. and will have all the bells a whistles. They will be very thick pups and there dad is Shadow out of Southern Raised Kennels he is a solid blue. You can check him out on their website. Very good show quality pup's. I'm asking $300 and that is with their paperwork and shots and deworm the works.lol. If your interested let me know.
Your Stupid

Luttrell, TN

#7 Sep 13, 2011
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hateful and ignorant comment. Although there have been some serious and unfortunate problems concerning pit bulls, that doesn't mean all are bad. It also has something to do with the way they're raised and treated. There have been attacks from Golden Retriever's, Chihuahua's, and the list goes on...The only difference is they're not Pit bulls so therefore they're not as important when it comes to the "News". You really need to educate yourself before going off on something you obviously know nothing about.
2010 Dog Bite Fatalities

33 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2010. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 500 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 67%(22). Pit bulls make up approximately 5% of the total U.S. dog population.3
In 2010, the combination of pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (4) accounted for 79% of all fatal attacks. In the 6-year period from 2005 to 2010, this same combination accounted for 71%(129) of the total recorded deaths (181).

The combined breakdown between the two breeds is substantial. From 2005 to 2010, pit bulls killed 104 Americans, about one citizen every 21 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 25 Americans, about one citizen every 88 days.
2010 data shows that 61%(20) of the attacks occurred to children (11 years and younger) and 39% occurred to adults. Of the children, 75%(15) occurred to ages 4 and younger. Within this same age group, males represented 60% of the victims.
2010 data also shows that 33%(11) of the fatal incidents involved multiple dogs.4 Nearly a third, 30%(10), involved breeding on the dog owner's property either actively or in the recent past, and 9%(3) involved chained dogs.
Dog ownership information for 2010 shows that family dogs comprised 73%(24) of the attacks that resulted in death; 88%(29) of these incidents occurred on the dog owner's property and 12%(4) occurred off the owner's property.
The state of California led fatalities in 2010 with 7 deaths; pit bulls contributed to 83%(6). Florida followed with 3 deaths and Georgia, Illinois, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas each had 2 deaths.
Your Stupid

Luttrell, TN

#8 Sep 13, 2011
This is just the deaths.

Now think about the disfiguring, disabling pit bulls maulings that have left a life of suffering, pain, countless surgeries, bankruptcies, post traumatic stress syndrome, depression and fear

compounded by the pit bull advocacy lobby's insistence on "blaming the victim" and humiliating them to cover for the known dangers of their fighting breeds.

Think about the beloved pets, the best friends and companions, torn apart by pit bulls in acts of animal cruelty occurring on our streets and in our yards daily.

And think about the legislators, some animal control people, some animal shelter people, some police, some judges, breeders, dog fighters all trying not only to protect these violent dogs, but trying to increase the numbers of these pit bull attacks.

Did you ever think you would see such ignorance and selfishness in this country?
joppa girl

Waterbury, VT

#9 Sep 13, 2011
Your Stupid wrote:
This is just the deaths.
Now think about the disfiguring, disabling pit bulls maulings that have left a life of suffering, pain, countless surgeries, bankruptcies, post traumatic stress syndrome, depression and fear
compounded by the pit bull advocacy lobby's insistence on "blaming the victim" and humiliating them to cover for the known dangers of their fighting breeds.
Think about the beloved pets, the best friends and companions, torn apart by pit bulls in acts of animal cruelty occurring on our streets and in our yards daily.
And think about the legislators, some animal control people, some animal shelter people, some police, some judges, breeders, dog fighters all trying not only to protect these violent dogs, but trying to increase the numbers of these pit bull attacks.
Did you ever think you would see such ignorance and selfishness in this country?
if you know how all pitbulls are then your a know it all i have had two never had meat a stranger never bit no one snapped at no one so lay off of them if you don't have on you don't know what your talking about !!
Your Stupid

Luttrell, TN

#10 Sep 14, 2011
joppa girl wrote:
<quoted text>if you know how all pitbulls are then your a know it all i have had two never had meat a stranger never bit no one snapped at no one so lay off of them if you don't have on you don't know what your talking about !!
I once had a neighbor that got a pit bull puppy. As it got older it increasingly got out of control. It kept coming over to my place. I was going to kill it but the neighbor come to their senses and got rid of it themselves.
there is one on craigslis

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2011
there is a 1 year old i believe on craigslist and if im not mistaken it is free..either bowling green or louisville
Kayla

Nashville, TN

#12 Sep 14, 2011
ok. if I could educate some of you and listen to what I have to say it would be greatly appreciated. First off if you have no idea what you are doing and have never had or raised a pitbull before they are not for you. They have to be in homes that no what they are doing and are willing to work with them. First off BIG mistake if you adopt one, ushually those dogs come from bad situations and already have developed problems that are going to be worked on slowly. They are better off going to a rehabilitative service before entering a new home. Its not the dogs fault just bad owners and sometimes bad breeding. Ushually pits that are free or have no paperwork come from back yard breeders that have no idea what they are doing and are only looking to make money not to help improve the breed. There are pitbulls that are bred for show and no i do NOT mean fighting like actual shows and they win ribbons and trophies and even sometimes money or even dog food. Then there are pits that are bred to be game bred now not saying all game bred pits are the same they just have a higher drive but there are some that are bred game and still are show dogs. Don't punish the Breed punish the Deed!!!! I have owned pits for many years now and if they are bred correctly any breeder will have a health garantee contract, but any good breeder should know about there bloodlines and they should be able to tell you temperments and everything. A real good pitbull breeder only breeds for temperment, and body size and correctness.
Your Stupid

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2011
Kayla wrote:
ok. if I could educate some of you and listen to what I have to say it would be greatly appreciated. First off if you have no idea what you are doing and have never had or raised a pitbull before they are not for you. They have to be in homes that no what they are doing and are willing to work with them. First off BIG mistake if you adopt one, ushually those dogs come from bad situations and already have developed problems that are going to be worked on slowly. They are better off going to a rehabilitative service before entering a new home. Its not the dogs fault just bad owners and sometimes bad breeding. Ushually pits that are free or have no paperwork come from back yard breeders that have no idea what they are doing and are only looking to make money not to help improve the breed. There are pitbulls that are bred for show and no i do NOT mean fighting like actual shows and they win ribbons and trophies and even sometimes money or even dog food. Then there are pits that are bred to be game bred now not saying all game bred pits are the same they just have a higher drive but there are some that are bred game and still are show dogs. Don't punish the Breed punish the Deed!!!! I have owned pits for many years now and if they are bred correctly any breeder will have a health garantee contract, but any good breeder should know about there bloodlines and they should be able to tell you temperments and everything. A real good pitbull breeder only breeds for temperment, and body size and correctness.
You make some good points about being a responsible pet owner but if you look at the people that actually do own pit bulls in general it is apparent they tend to be the culls of society.
It’s all about making money for so called breeders with no regard to the community’s, which will be exposed to a dangerous animal.
Kayla, Please find another breed for your puppy mill operation
Ask your neighbors how they feel about your getting this type of animal. Ask them if they want to carry a pistol at all times to protect themselves from your pit bull, which will eventually get loose.
Again I say check with your insurance agent to see if they will cover you when you get your ass sued off. Which you eventually will because everyone is sue happy but in this case it will be a legitimate lawsuit.
Kayla

Nashville, TN

#14 Sep 15, 2011
Your Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some good points about being a responsible pet owner but if you look at the people that actually do own pit bulls in general it is apparent they tend to be the culls of society.
It’s all about making money for so called breeders with no regard to the community’s, which will be exposed to a dangerous animal.
Kayla, Please find another breed for your puppy mill operation
Ask your neighbors how they feel about your getting this type of animal. Ask them if they want to carry a pistol at all times to protect themselves from your pit bull, which will eventually get loose.
Again I say check with your insurance agent to see if they will cover you when you get your ass sued off. Which you eventually will because everyone is sue happy but in this case it will be a legitimate lawsuit.
Ok first off I'm not running a puppy mill if I'm actually taking care of mine and taking them to the vet and making sure any issues are taken care of unlike people that run puppy mills. So you have no right to say I'm running a puppy mill. Most puppy mills you see have only small dogs so maybe you need to start turning your attention to the small breeds now. Second off all my neighbors love our dogs they come to our house to play with them. And NO before you even judge where I live, I actually live in a nice house in a very nice subdivision. Third off my dogs our very well contained and taken care of, we have them in those nice big welded wire kennels that you see at tractor supply that are 6ft high and $650. They only get out when we are cleaning there kennels or when its playtime and we are right there with them. They have been trained to know there boundries when they are playing outside. So don't bash me or my dogs when you don't even know me, that might be the way it is in your neighborhood and I'm sorry you unfortunatley don't get to see responsible pit owners/breeders but they really are great loyal dogs and they are people pleasers. Oh and by the way Pitbulls are not meant to be bred with any other breeds, you know how you see pit mix. Don't get it, they have problems upon problems, not just mental because they are bred wrong but they can have many many health problems. Mixed breeds of any kind of dog will have both or all breeds of dog its bred health problems eventually or already. So do yourself a favor and get dogs that are purbred or have been rehabilatated.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#15 Sep 15, 2011
Kayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok first off I'm not running a puppy mill if I'm actually taking care of mine and taking them to the vet and making sure any issues are taken care of unlike people that run puppy mills. So you have no right to say I'm running a puppy mill. Most puppy mills you see have only small dogs so maybe you need to start turning your attention to the small breeds now. Second off all my neighbors love our dogs they come to our house to play with them. And NO before you even judge where I live, I actually live in a nice house in a very nice subdivision. Third off my dogs our very well contained and taken care of, we have them in those nice big welded wire kennels that you see at tractor supply that are 6ft high and $650. They only get out when we are cleaning there kennels or when its playtime and we are right there with them. They have been trained to know there boundries when they are playing outside. So don't bash me or my dogs when you don't even know me, that might be the way it is in your neighborhood and I'm sorry you unfortunatley don't get to see responsible pit owners/breeders but they really are great loyal dogs and they are people pleasers. Oh and by the way Pitbulls are not meant to be bred with any other breeds, you know how you see pit mix. Don't get it, they have problems upon problems, not just mental because they are bred wrong but they can have many many health problems. Mixed breeds of any kind of dog will have both or all breeds of dog its bred health problems eventually or already. So do yourself a favor and get dogs that are purbred or have been rehabilatated.
You never mentioned if you were insured for having pitbulls on your property. One is bad enough, but knowingly having several is putting yourself at financial risk today and forever for that one little slip-up,that one moment you turn your back,that mistake your family or anyone makes on your property and you have a judgement on your hands. Judges and juries are awarding five and six figure numbers so if you hadn't,you better contact your insurance agent and be sure your %$# is covered unless you have ready cash on hand to cover the victim's award. Think about it.
Kayla

Nashville, TN

#16 Sep 15, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You never mentioned if you were insured for having pitbulls on your property. One is bad enough, but knowingly having several is putting yourself at financial risk today and forever for that one little slip-up,that one moment you turn your back,that mistake your family or anyone makes on your property and you have a judgement on your hands. Judges and juries are awarding five and six figure numbers so if you hadn't,you better contact your insurance agent and be sure your %$# is covered unless you have ready cash on hand to cover the victim's award. Think about it.
Thanks for your concern but no I do not because I do not need it. All my dogs are all bred for temperment. They are nothing but lazy big couch potatoes. And I can guarantee you even if we had a post checking in on my dogs way on down the line you will not even hear or even have any bad reports on my dogs. I don't mind at all to keep you posted. LoL, and that is a promis.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#17 Sep 15, 2011
Kayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern but no I do not because I do not need it. All my dogs are all bred for temperment. They are nothing but lazy big couch potatoes. And I can guarantee you even if we had a post checking in on my dogs way on down the line you will not even hear or even have any bad reports on my dogs. I don't mind at all to keep you posted. LoL, and that is a promis.
Please don't boo-hoo when the sheriff holds your yard sale to cover a judgement. You really need legal advice if you think you don't need coverage. Many attacks are from good "big baby","lick you to death", "couch potatoe" dogs like yours. No one knows why good dogs suddenly snap and attack and the pits cause more severe damage. It's not a matter of if but when.Take another look at your situation.
Kayla

Nashville, TN

#18 Sep 15, 2011
Ok.....well there is no boo hooing because we do have a neighborhood watch deal and the sheriff attends these meetings he even comes over and brags how well behaved and obediant my dogs are, so shut the fuck up. You obviously don't own one so you will never know or understand the breed and love they have. do yourself a favor and do some research, pit mixes and other breeds besides the pitbull has higher ratings, you tar tar. And the reason most dogs and I do mean any dogs that attack or snap is prob. they are prevoked or have been torchered like inconsiderate assholes like you!! Just because you see the breed pitbull or anything remotely close to it all you want to do is judge and kill it. oh and I also want to educate you guys Staffordshire terriers are a pitbull, is just a name they can use to get them AKC registered. If they are registered pitbull then they are registered UKC,ADBA,CKC,ABKC,NAPR and the list goes on.
Your Stupid

Lancing, TN

#19 Sep 15, 2011
Pitbulls are well known for mauling and killing animals and people, even their own family. They were breed to kill animals, it's still in their genes.

While were waiting for Kayla to come to her senses and I truly hope she does, lets all go to youtube.com and type in Pitbull Attacks and watch some vedios.

Since: Sep 11

United States

#20 Sep 17, 2011
I have two pits Myself who are very sweet, loving, well behaved, and loyal dogs. But I do believe if you are going to own these animals then you need to educate yourself on the Good and BAD. Although not every pit bull is out to attack, I do believe you need to keep yourself insured and come to the realization that bad things do happen. I do agree with some points that have been made on here, but it seems some people are just picking on the breed and that is a bit ignorant, and that's just My opinion. I do have homeowners ins. And although I pay more than the average person, I want to make sure I am covered at all costs. Unless you own a pit bull then you'll never understand the love people have for them. I do not believe in breeding, for any reason. There are enough homeless animals, especially pits, and the last thing we need in this world is more. I have My pits only because I think they are beautiful dogs with a great disposition...but I'm not completely blind to the unfortunate events that have occurred because of this breed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sick of all your junk white trash rednecks 55 min Jack 5
looking for robert[robbie] lynn simpson (Dec '09) 18 hr Sorry for him 2
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... Sat Ned Negritude 9
Billy Goat Tavern....AWESOME Restaurant Sat Yummy 1
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... Sat WBC 2 53
Best place to buy adult toys & lingerie in Knox... (Jan '12) Fri Jennifer B 25
Good tattoo artists? (Aug '12) Fri stuart 44

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance