“Shake & Bake” Meth Lab Found in Meigs County

Feb 6, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Post-Athenian

The Meigs County Sheriff's Department discovered two methamphetamine labs Thursday in the Ten Mile area. According to Detective Scotty Wiggins, he and Detective Keith Kyle, along with Deputy Jay Wright, followed up on two reports of the excessive purchase of pseudoephedrine, which led to the discovery of the methamphetamine labs.

"We responded to 227 J.D. Walden Road in Ten Mile following up on a Robert Miller for excessive amounts of pseudoephedrine purchased during the month of January," Wiggins said. "When we arrived at the residence Miller ran out the back door and into the woods behind his house."

Wiggins said the officers located Miller in the woods. He was charged with making methamphetamine and is being held at the Meigs County jail in lieu of $51,500 bond. "When we found him he was wearing rubber gloves," he said. "He gave us consent to search his residence and we found a lab consistent with the new 'shake and bake' method of cooking meth."

That method allows the drug to be quickly cooked in small batches in instruments such as soda bottles. The cooks shake the bottles during the volatile and dangerous process. The same officers also arrested Sheldon Casell, of 119 Butler Reed Cemetery Lane, in Ten Mile. He was charged with a host of drug-related offenses and is being held in lieu of $65,000 bond at the Meigs County jail.

"Again, we were checking on excessive purchase of pseudoephedrine from the month of January," Wiggins said. "Casell gave us consent to search and we located a lab with finished product." While Miller using the "shake and bake" method, Wiggins said Casell was using a traditional meth recipe.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
they know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

since when did they start calling themselves detectives there just lucky they even ahve jobs they should be called idiots those two are really something special
m_o_b

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

for real thats robert aka bobby millers 4th meth lab them millers are trash an need to go back to chicago where the rest of the trash is
ha ha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

thats right mob
rya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

They need to bust cecil lewis davis for this same shit
Sick of Users

Bidwell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Try Megan Tibbett
Qiwwiw

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ……………… Is There a Man in your Head?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisville Discussions

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min TN Voter 140,547
Hardin Valley Ranch horse camp 59 min WTH 3
DCS, Youth Villages, and others lie in court. (Apr '11) 2 hr Just me 19
TBI investigating allegations Cocke County high... 3 hr Country Girl 2
Lobbyist Are Criminals Stuffing The Pockets Of ... 3 hr SaveUsa 7
Breast augmentation by Dr. Breazeale (Feb '12) 5 hr Just Me 42
Where is my pal, Crazy Ron? 5 hr Ha ha ha haaaaaa 9
•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters