Wal-Mart Straight Talk Cell phone ser...

Wal-Mart Straight Talk Cell phone service

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 30, 2009
Is anyone using the Wal-Mart Straight Talk cell phone service.Thinking og getting the monthly plan for my daughter.

Good Service?

Bad Service?

Thanks for any help.
Copperhead

Brentwood, TN

#2 Oct 30, 2009
Brad wrote:
Is anyone using the Wal-Mart Straight Talk cell phone service.Thinking og getting the monthly plan for my daughter.
Good Service?
Bad Service?
Thanks for any help.
All I know is that Wal-Mart is selling Coffins online now..........Go figure.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Charleston, SC

#3 Oct 30, 2009
Copperhead wrote:
<quoted text>All I know is that Wal-Mart is selling Coffins online now..........Go figure.
Don't run your fingers over to Snopes, folks, this one is as true as it is hilarious. I'll still be chuckling over it when I'm in mine.

Happy Halloween, y'all!

Since: Feb 08

Here and there

#4 Oct 31, 2009
I do not have the service but am thinking about getting the service.
I asked the dept manager about it and was told that the service is actually through Verizon and you run off their towers. I currently have US cellular and have no complaints at all, but with the service at WalMart for $45.00 a month, you get unlimited everything and nationwide service and text, pics. You can not beat the price.
Copperhead

Brentwood, TN

#5 Oct 31, 2009
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't run your fingers over to Snopes, folks, this one is as true as it is hilarious. I'll still be chuckling over it when I'm in mine.
Happy Halloween, y'all!
;)
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Nov 2, 2009
I took the plunge Friday. I live in Ky but this service is for my daughter in Knoxville. I had to drive 1 hour north to get the LG phone she wanted.
You register the phone and then choose either the 30 or 45 dollare plan. I got her the 45.

So far so good. She loves the fact that she now can check her email. The service works great in Williamsburg,Ky- Corbin,Berea Ky, Richmond Ky, Jellico, TN and of course Knoxville, Tn.
Asking

AOL

#7 Nov 3, 2009
Brad wrote:
I took the plunge Friday. I live in Ky but this service is for my daughter in Knoxville. I had to drive 1 hour north to get the LG phone she wanted.
You register the phone and then choose either the 30 or 45 dollare plan. I got her the 45.
So far so good. She loves the fact that she now can check her email. The service works great in Williamsburg,Ky- Corbin,Berea Ky, Richmond Ky, Jellico, TN and of course Knoxville, Tn.
Which LG phone did you choose, out of curiosity. I have to replace mine, and appreciate any comments.
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Its the only LG phone that Walmart sells for their service. Could not tell you the exact model but it
is an LG Slider phone. Paid 79.99 and so far it is working great for my daughter.
walmart

Dandridge, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2009
Truthfully it is not walmart new service but it is actually Tracfone unlimited service that has been available in some locations for a while now.
Tracfone does piggyback their service off of Version. Walmart just entered a deal with tracfone to sell it under their name.
dajones

Bisbee, AZ

#10 Nov 24, 2009
If Walmart decides to offer the Droid, I'll sign up in a heart beat!
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 24, 2009
They have a querty keyboard phone available as well.$ 149.00 for the phone and 1 months unlimited service included.
My daughter has been using the service now for almost a month and has no complaints.
ajd

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 13, 2009
I bought the straight talk phone in November. I can get on facebook, google, but can NOT check AOL email. It just keeps saying "network error." I also am not satisfied with calls out of state. It cuts in and out and then drops the call. VERY frustrating! My NET10 phone and service worked much better.
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 14, 2009
Good to know.
A Mother

Connersville, IN

#14 Dec 28, 2009
can anyone tell me what they think of the straight talk cellular quality in the AZ area, more specifically in Phoenix, AZ We're thinking of switching due to cost and need more info of how the quality is
Thanks and all you Arizonians chime in
thanks
IlluminousUthra

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Jan 2, 2010
Walmart has a great monthly cost for all you can eat minutes and text messages but the CUSTOMER SERVICE is outsourced to the Phillipines. I CANT TELL YOU HOW BAD THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS. IT'S BEYOND TERRIBLE AND I WILL PREDICT THAT IT WILL COST WALMART IN THE LONG RUN. IT'S SO BAD I RATHER PAY MORE TO LOCAL U.S. CARRIERS. I JUST QUIT BASED ON THE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE ALONE!!! SHAME ON YOU WALMART FOR NOT PROVIDING THESE CUSTOMER SERVICE JOBS TO AMERICANS WHO UNDERSTAND THE DAMN ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROPERLY SHAME ON YOU!!
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 4, 2010
We have never had to use their customer service, so I will defer to the experienced commenter above. I will say that my daughter still loves her
phone and we are complaint free. Give it a try for 1 month, with no contract what do you have to lose. Buy the 39.99 phone and upgrade later if you like the service.
misty

United States

#17 Jan 23, 2010
within my immediate family we are currently using 6 straight talk phones (1 the cheapest version $40, the rest the pull out keyboard $100) And I tell everyone about them.. I honestly don't know why people have contracts. We get the $45 cards which offer unlimited everything.. calls, texts, pic messages, web surfing etc. We haven't had any problems with ours. We are constantly on the internet with them checking facebook, myspace, email and even googling stuff. I love our phones and would honestly not go back to Alltel or Verizon after having these.
Judd

Fort Defiance, VA

#18 Jan 23, 2010
Purchased the Samsung R451C QWERTY phone,$99.00 , two months ago in November(currently into my third $30 phone plan). Three days ago suddenly the phone would not work. Was informed at the WalMart where i bought the phone i needed to purchase another phone, that there was nothing they could do....in no uncertain terms. Returned home and called Customer Service, and yes, is in another country as was very difficult to effectively communicate with the assistant who clearly spoke another language primarily. 45 long process filled mins later, no resolution. They refused to believe the phone itself was defective. Said would take another 24 to 48 hours to try to resolve the issue on their end. This has become incredibly inconvenient. The phone was never dropped or abused in any way to have caused it to malfunction. One would hope that there would be an exchange plan for a phone still so new, or at the very least some type of customer service at WalMart. Have written a letter to "The Executive Resolution Dept" in Miami expressing my displeasure. I expect very little help in the matter. I have very much enjoyed the phone and monthly plan, but this is certainly a major drawback of this cost saving cell phone plan. Seems must always be a catch when trying to save a few bucks.
Brad

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jan 25, 2010
Thanks for the info. My daughter is still using her
LG slider phone. We are over 3 months in and still no issues. Once again have not had to deal with customer service. I am going to upgrade to the querty keyboard phone and will make sure that if I have an issue it can be returned to the store of purchase.
sandy

Rochester, NY

#21 Feb 9, 2010
Brad wrote:
Good Service?
Bad Service?
Thanks for any help.
I have been using the service for about 2 months now. I love it. I have never experienced a dropped call. The phone is very easy to use and you can't beat the cost $45 a month for unlimited everythig. I can send pics / download pics from friends, text and talk. Its great. Much better than that lime green phone I used to have and every one knew where you got from. Never get that service we'll save that for another discussion. I promise she will not want to get another service, unless she just wants a diffrent type of phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
david berry 3 hr donthaveballs 1
The Rocks Tavern 7 hr curious 1
cheating 11 hr need to get caught 1
Review: Forest Hills Apartments (Dec '13) 12 hr Happy 5
Where in Knoxville can I meet single women my age? (Jul '14) 13 hr Greta Gravedigger 33
Review: Daco Asphalt Paving Co Tue ShirleyWill12 2
Cheating husbands-who are they? (Jan '13) Tue Their fake 134
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]