First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mary

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2010
Does anybody really believe that Knoxville has no gangs? I watched channel 8 and KPD said so basically.
Independent

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Mar 24, 2010
Then, theyre idiots sitting around with their ears stuck in their fingers going lalalalalalalala.
jon

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Mar 24, 2010
Of course, the KPD police chief just recently said that a new 360 degree range would help officers practice "with their service revolvers" when they have had Glocks for 15 years so yeah, many of the brass are a little out of touch. Knoxville has well over a 1000 gang bangers who are documented and many other associates, supporters.
nope

Corryton, TN

#4 Mar 24, 2010
Mexican gangs own most of Clinton and Chapman Highways. The copa cabana is a hot bed of gang activity. They just have the kpd paid off. Knoxville belongs to the Mexicans now...just like Morristown. Nothing will be done about the illegals. Gringos vamos.
Unsatisfied_Citi zen

Knoxville, TN

#5 Mar 25, 2010
LOL! That is absolutely HILARIOUS. Seriously. That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Knoxville has NO gangs? Really? So these hoodlums I keep seeing around the Fort Sanders area are just a figment of my imagination? So all these robberies which KEEP occurring around this area and Kingston Pike never happened?

Something needs to be done about KPD. Although it's pretty hilarious to find out that the Police Chief has deluded himself into thinking this, it's also pretty sad. I speak as someone who already knows the direct effects of a lazy police force.
jon

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 25, 2010
It is not just here in K-town. Oak Ridge officials have similar denial syndrome when it comes to gangs. Officer Shaffer was actually underestimating the real numbers, but he is much closer than the department mouthpiece who is clueless. They have a list of those who have been identified and classified as gang members based on state criteria. You can just count the names on the list and there are more than 1000. And the list is only those who have been arrested, etc., and don't include others who haven't surfaced.

Each beat officer has a list of those on his beat.
Copperhead

Nashville, TN

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Gangs are exactly what they are....Punks that can't stand alone on their own.Maybe they should come to MY "hood" and play that shit with some real Mountain Folk.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#8 Mar 25, 2010
Copperhead wrote:
Gangs are exactly what they are....Punks that can't stand alone on their own.Maybe they should come to MY "hood" and play that shit with some real Mountain Folk.
Have to treat 'em like other varmints.... smokepole.
60 Gunner

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2010
Copperhead wrote:
EXACTLY!!!
Independent

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Mar 26, 2010
Copperhead wrote:
Reminds me of an interview I saw with a new york city gangbanger that specialized in home invasions. they asked him why he didnt go 100 miles north and hit the isolated farms where the chances of being caught were about nil. He said "Shit, them crackers will blow ya shit away"

Kinda funny hearing someone from NY referred to as a "cracker".

Bottom line though, criminals prefer unarmed victims.
LOGIC PLEASE

Rockford, TN

#11 Mar 26, 2010
Copperhead wrote:
Could you tell me what you think is the difference,if there is one,between gangs,and motorcycle gangs?
SaltShaker

Wise, VA

#12 Mar 26, 2010
Gang member should be eliminated...i mean, put them in the f*****g ground!!!
jon

Knoxville, TN

#13 Mar 26, 2010
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you tell me what you think is the difference,if there is one,between gangs,and motorcycle gangs?
Motorcycle gangs meet the same criteria as other gangs which involve criminal activities in an organized fashion. There are certainly differences in how members are accepted, gang rules, etc, and what type of criminal activities they are involved with. Very few motorcycle guys do home invasions while black and hispanic gangs often do that.

Knoxville, TN

#14 Mar 26, 2010
There is not a problem with gangs here. Didn't you hear Darrell on the news? He confirmed that we are all overreacting.
jon

Knoxville, TN

#15 Mar 26, 2010
Darrell is paid to mislead the public and make everyone think everything is hunky-dory. People who know, know better.
interesting

Corryton, TN

#16 Mar 27, 2010
Have u heard about the high rates of homosexuality among male gang members?
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 27, 2010
The problem with sugar coating the truth,when it comes to gangs,is that they settle into a burb,and recruit lil fools.
That creates a self sustaining infestation.
Get real

Athens, TN

#18 Mar 27, 2010
Copperhead wrote:
So you're inviting kids over?
Pervert...
Get real

Athens, TN

#19 Mar 27, 2010
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
Try the Motorcycles and their race...
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#20 Mar 27, 2010
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Try the Motorcycles and their race...
So are you saying that they are the same,EXCEPT for race and vehicles?
That does not seem accurate,cause there are blacks,browns,and Asian gangs on motorcycles.Some are even motorcycle gangs.
And it is a fact that there are white gangs in America,that do not ride motorcycles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Soldier fatal shooter at N.D. Walmart 13 hr mdg 1
david berry 17 hr D Berry 2
The Rocks Tavern Wed curious 1
cheating Wed need to get caught 1
Review: Forest Hills Apartments (Dec '13) Wed Happy 5
Where in Knoxville can I meet single women my age? (Jul '14) Wed Greta Gravedigger 33
Review: Daco Asphalt Paving Co Tue ShirleyWill12 2
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]