Money Less

United States

#1 May 20, 2013
Does anyone know of a decent place to refinance a mortgage. We recently completed a chaprter 13 bankruptcy and need to lower out house payment. Any serious comments appreciated.
Wilson

Tullahoma, TN

#2 May 20, 2013
You surely aren't asking this as a serious question are you? First, this is a reorganization and the court will dictate who you can and cannot use. The existing mortgagor has agreed with the bankruptcy court to accept a lower payment over a longer period of time. So, you are asking this to generate controversy, or you have no clue what you have just done to yourself. You don't get to go out and create alternate debt under Chapter 13.
Wilson

Tullahoma, TN

#3 May 20, 2013
Oh, and even if you could, no new lender is going to touch you while you are under the terms of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. You do know they actually check the credit ratings, don't you? Your score just took a nosedive if you filed for bankruptcy. I doubt you could finance anything for the next 5 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
those pink hats 4 women 3 hr sensual cinnamon 3
million women marches 4 hr ThomasA 26
speak 7 dialects of chinese? 4 hr Makin Muny 1
Review: Dependable Motors-Knoxville (Jan '13) 5 hr freewillie17 20
News Prominent Southern Bapist minister survives ous... (Oct '07) 9 hr South Knox Hombre 67
pain 20 hr Chasity 2
News Knoxville College president explains school's l... (Jun '14) 22 hr JustUs 9

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages