Knoxville Zoo on 4th July Wkend

Knoxville Zoo on 4th July Wkend

Posted in the Louisville Forum

out of town

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jun 25, 2013
We are maybe planning a trip to Knoxville Zoo this 4th of July wkend. I was wondering if it was really busy on this wkend?
imatater

Loudon, TN

#2 Jun 25, 2013
I'll be there tossing spuds to the tourists.
mom

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Jun 25, 2013
The weekends aren't too bad but a zoo attendant gave me a tip a few years ago and I've followed his advise ever since. You don't want to go when its extremely hot, most animals will be seeking shade and won't be as visible. We always try to plan our trips in the early fall now and its much more pleasant. If you can't go in cooler weather try to get there as early as possible you will have a better chance at seeing all the animals!
out of town

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Thank you for the advise. I am kind of like the animals I don't like the hot either. LOL! We are plannning to be there early but just cant decide what day will be the best to visit.
dottz

Dallas, GA

#5 Jun 26, 2013
The zoo opens at 930 and is open till 6 . The best time is when it opens buts there is a splash pad for the kids when it gets hot. Everyday is a great day at the zoo!! Unless its raining. Lol also they have camel rides weather permiting. Carousal rides and buggee birds u can feed. Plus Lego play house. There is so much to see and so much to zoo. Hope this helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairy Tale: Adam and Amanda 1 hr Lookingthroughthe... 22
South College in Knoxville (Oct '09) 2 hr South Student 76
Local music scene and politics 11 hr DontWorryBeHappy 11
News Gateway, Northcrest want to build ER facilities... Wed Chatter 7
6412 Beaver Ridge Road house (Sep '14) Wed the grimy phoxx 4
News Residents angry over release of Ilegal Immigrants (Jun '10) Wed boB 728
Friendsville Music Thread (Jul '13) Wed Musikologist 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages