Custody hearing today for Mary Winkler's children

The custody battle over the Mary Winkler children is scheduled to be heard today in Huntingdon. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Knox-Girl

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2007
I pray that her children are returned to her. Granny and Papaw are out for blood and money. Suing her for $2 million dollars in NOT going to bring their son back, it is NOT going to polish his tarnished name, and is definitely NOT in the best interest of the children.
rdd

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2007
Just give her kids back, and let them go on with their lives, haven't they been through enough?
Pete

Antioch, TN

#3 Sep 19, 2007
Don't be too surprised that if she gets her children back, they aren't found dead one day. This woman is a evil, devious murderer.
Seymour-Girl

Knoxville, TN

#4 Sep 19, 2007
I agree Knox-Girl.
Jess

Sparks, NV

#5 Sep 19, 2007
I hope and pray that these girls get to be reunited with their Mom. These grandparents probably live the same life as Matthew and Mary but Grandma has just taken it all of these years! Matthew was probably copying the behavior that he learned from his childhood!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Sep 19, 2007
I think it is all about the benefits the girls are getting due to the death of their father. They are eligible for SSI, and whoever has the kids, has control of the SSI. I hope the courts decided what is in the best interest of the kids, not the parent or grandparents. These girls need some stability in their lives, especially after having their world thrown upside down with the murder of their dad.
Lynell

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Sep 19, 2007
rdd wrote:
Just give her kids back, and let them go on with their lives, haven't they been through enough?
Either way it goes these kids are going to need some major therapy for years to come.
rdd

United States

#8 Sep 19, 2007
Lynell wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way it goes these kids are going to need some major therapy for years to come.
Without a doubt. I just hope they can grow up to lead normal healthy lives.
Daniel

Franklin, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2007
Very true. How do you explain to them that their mother murdered their father?
Lynell wrote:
<quoted text>
Alley

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2007
Has anybody heard if she got to see them today or what was said and done in court?
ccC

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 19, 2007
from all reports she was a excellant mothrer and still is if given a chance. GIVE HER HER CHILDREN BAsk. yOU MAY HAVE A Jess may have a point. What about that low life that said he was her BOY FRIEND.5233
Knox-Girl

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2007
Daniel wrote:
Very true. How do you explain to them that their mother murdered their father?
<quoted text>
They probably don't need that explained to them. They lived in the house and are more than aware of the abuse, I'm sure. I do believe these children, along with their mother will need intensive counseling after all they have suffered.
Knox-Girl

United States

#13 Sep 19, 2007
little me wrote:
I think it is all about the benefits the girls are getting due to the death of their father. They are eligible for SSI, and whoever has the kids, has control of the SSI. I hope the courts decided what is in the best interest of the kids, not the parent or grandparents. These girls need some stability in their lives, especially after having their world thrown upside down with the murder of their dad.
Not the parent or grandparents?? You truly believe they would be in better care with foster parents??
Lynell

Fort Campbell, TN

#14 Sep 19, 2007
If she gets them back how is she going to support them? I'm guessing she didn't get life insurance on her husband since she killed him. She works at a dry cleaners...I'm guessing that doesn't pay a lot...and isn't she living with friends? I don't think she has a university education? It's going to be hard to raise 3 children on a dry cleaners pay. But then again people do it everyday. Maybe she will have to sell her story for a book or movie...or both just to start a life for her and those girls.
MESLS

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2007
No one has every accused her of being a bad mother - at least that I know of. She should be given her girls - I would hate to think they were being raised by the same individuals who raised her husband. From testimony I heard, he was creepy bad. And creepy bad people who hide behind religion are the very worst of the lot.
Knox-Girl

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2007
Lynell wrote:
If she gets them back how is she going to support them? I'm guessing she didn't get life insurance on her husband since she killed him. She works at a dry cleaners...I'm guessing that doesn't pay a lot...and isn't she living with friends? I don't think she has a university education? It's going to be hard to raise 3 children on a dry cleaners pay. But then again people do it everyday. Maybe she will have to sell her story for a book or movie...or both just to start a life for her and those girls.
Being a good mother has NOTHING to do with how mauch money she makes or what type of educations she has. There are plenty of great mothers that raise great children with no material extras.
Jeff County

Newport, TN

#17 Sep 19, 2007
How can one claim she is a good mother? She shot her husband as he was asleep in bed. Was he attacking her? No. Then she took the kids and ran. No one knows what was happening behind closed doors; however, we know she shot and killed the kid's father. I do not believe being a good mother would include shooting your children's father as he slept and then leaving the state. In just my opinion, she certainly used the system to her advantage after she committed murder, it would have actually been better had she used the system prior to it.
Daniel

Franklin, TN

#18 Sep 19, 2007
There are also plenty of good mothers that haven't murdered their husbands.
Knox-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a good mother has NOTHING to do with how mauch money she makes or what type of educations she has. There are plenty of great mothers that raise great children with no material extras.
rdd

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2007
Jeff County wrote:
How can one claim she is a good mother? She shot her husband as he was asleep in bed. Was he attacking her? No. Then she took the kids and ran. No one knows what was happening behind closed doors; however, we know she shot and killed the kid's father. I do not believe being a good mother would include shooting your children's father as he slept and then leaving the state. In just my opinion, she certainly used the system to her advantage after she committed murder, it would have actually been better had she used the system prior to it.
Part of what you said is all too true, no one knows what went on behind closed doors. But you can bet your boots, this woman didn't just wake up one morning and decide Hey, I think I'll shoot my husband and take my children and leave the state with them. Something made her get to that point. Maybe she saw that her girls were having to live in this environment, and she didn't want them raised like that. Maybe he threatened her, maybe he did something to one of the kids, maybe he threatened one of them if they told what they saw or heard, or what if she just might have done it to protect her girls,we don't know. But that don't make her unfit to raise her children.
a reader

Brentwood, TN

#20 Sep 19, 2007
Jeff County wrote:
Have you ever lived in an abusive situation? I have... The kids need their mother and should be back with her. And everyone needs to remeber Mental and Emotional Abuse is just as bad if not worst than physical. After afew years of that lets see how you would react.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Work 57 min AngryX 1
Electrolux a great place to work ..agree / disa... (Aug '12) 58 min AngryX 55
randy wright 1 hr Looking 15
Eddie Vinsend 1 hr Looking 9
wvlt (Nov '12) 1 hr Doctor x 10
alleged corrupt judges in rob co. (Mar '12) 3 hr Momof2 42
child support is modern day slavery 8 hr just disgusting 37
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web