Clinic's closure cuts Knoxville abort...

Clinic's closure cuts Knoxville abortion services by a third

There are 28 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Aug 28, 2012, titled Clinic's closure cuts Knoxville abortion services by a third. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

A crowd of East Tennesseans gathered in Knoxville's Tyson Park Monday afternoon to celebrate the closure of a local abortion provider.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 28, 2012
"Volunteer Women's Medical Clinic closed earlier this month, after state legislators passed a bill that required doctors at abortion providers to hold admitting privileges at local hospitals."

Imagine that, actually wanting to ensure that doctors have the means to provide women with proper care if/when a problem arises.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Susanm wrote:
"Volunteer Women's Medical Clinic closed earlier this month, after state legislators passed a bill that required doctors at abortion providers to hold admitting privileges at local hospitals."
Imagine that, actually wanting to ensure that doctors have the means to provide women with proper care if/when a problem arises.
Right honey, like all legislation that's targeted to attack women. Imagine expecting all facilities that do minor surgery to have admitting privilegeds.It doesn't happen? Oh, that's because you guys are only trying to make the lives of women more difficult. Good job! Spreading your hate seems to be working.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 28, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text>Right honey, like all legislation that's targeted to attack women. Imagine expecting all facilities that do minor surgery to have admitting privilegeds.It doesn't happen? Oh, that's because you guys are only trying to make the lives of women more difficult. Good job! Spreading your hate seems to be working.
A doctor worth their weight in spam will have an affiliation with a hospital so that they can properly take care of their patients when/if a problem arises.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text>Right honey, like all legislation that's targeted to attack women. Imagine expecting all facilities that do minor surgery to have admitting privilegeds.It doesn't happen? Oh, that's because you guys are only trying to make the lives of women more difficult. Good job! Spreading your hate seems to be working.
Murdering a child through abortion is not,nor will ever be,"minor surgery"!

To close,because you have to have a connection to a hospital,shows that the clinic was not on the up and up.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#5 Aug 28, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A doctor worth their weight in spam will have an affiliation with a hospital so that they can properly take care of their patients when/if a problem arises.
There's a difference between affiliation and admitting privileges which is kind of a bigger deal there sport.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#6 Aug 28, 2012
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
To close,because you have to have a connection to a hospital,shows that the clinic was not on the up and up.
Being overly emotional about a procedure and assigning inflammatory language like "murdering" only lessens your credibility in this argument. Semantics aside, if you want to remove the bodily autonomy of a woman, then come out and just say that you think women don't know what's right for themselves and should be resigned sub-human status. Obvious legislation that expects more from one and not another simply due to politics while also targeting women is exactly the kind of pandering and idiocy that's not on the "up and up." This legislation could be broadened to include all out-patient facilities, a think the local doctor's lobby doesn't want because it's unnecessary, but that would be equality under the law, and women still aren't quite human in that category either. Help the woman, help the child. Do anything else, and you're true leanings are revealed.
Cain

Lenoir City, TN

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text>Being overly emotional about a procedure and assigning inflammatory language like "murdering" only lessens your credibility in this argument. Semantics aside, if you want to remove the bodily autonomy of a woman, then come out and just say that you think women don't know what's right for themselves and should be resigned sub-human status. Obvious legislation that expects more from one and not another simply due to politics while also targeting women is exactly the kind of pandering and idiocy that's not on the "up and up." This legislation could be broadened to include all out-patient facilities, a think the local doctor's lobby doesn't want because it's unnecessary, but that would be equality under the law, and women still aren't quite human in that category either. Help the woman, help the child. Do anything else, and you're true leanings are revealed.
Actually it is murder. Several have been convicted of murdering the unborn child if thety were convicted of killing the mother. There is no difference.
Cain

Lenoir City, TN

#8 Aug 28, 2012
Oh, and you name is perfect for you for you are clearly void of compassion.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#9 Aug 28, 2012
Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is murder. Several have been convicted of murdering the unborn child if thety were convicted of killing the mother. There is no difference.
Awww, personal attacks based on a user name. <3 you too! By definition, you are wrong. Also, read your words, if the woman died also?! If she'd been able to seek abortion early enough she probably wouldn't have been murdered. You do know that the majority of pregnant women are assaulted by people related to her/and or the pregnancy. You can't see the woman! It's so cute. It's so freaking cute!
Cain

Lenoir City, TN

#10 Aug 28, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text> Awww, personal attacks based on a user name. <3 you too! By definition, you are wrong. Also, read your words, if the woman died also?! If she'd been able to seek abortion early enough she probably wouldn't have been murdered. You do know that the majority of pregnant women are assaulted by people related to her/and or the pregnancy. You can't see the woman! It's so cute. It's so freaking cute!
Enjoy the flood waters. ;)
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#11 Aug 30, 2012
"sub-human status"
That is EXACTLY what you seem to be describing the life of a child/fetus(same thing).
You started with the personal attacks.
I am merely expressing my opinion.
And you attack me for that.
Creditability,,,,you lost what little you may have had by attacking me.
I know I know,you are emotional about abortion.
So am I.
It is murder.The life in the womb has no say about it's future,therefore murder.
Truth perhaps

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text>Being overly emotional about a procedure and assigning inflammatory language like "murdering" only lessens your credibility in this argument. Semantics aside, if you want to remove the bodily autonomy of a woman, then come out and just say that you think women don't know what's right for themselves and should be resigned sub-human status. Obvious legislation that expects more from one and not another simply due to politics while also targeting women is exactly the kind of pandering and idiocy that's not on the "up and up." This legislation could be broadened to include all out-patient facilities, a think the local doctor's lobby doesn't want because it's unnecessary, but that would be equality under the law, and women still aren't quite human in that category either. Help the woman, help the child. Do anything else, and you're true leanings are revealed.
These people are the aggressors. There is nothing on earth that is more murderous than a pro life individual and or politician. The little worm, Campfart ? Everything about him is a lie including his sexual orientation, these are not human, but human waste.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#13 Sep 2, 2012
Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy the flood waters. ;)
No flood, and we just got power back! Those in flooded areas have my prayers. We're currently looking for a friend whose home was swept away. Are you donating to these causes? I know you don't care about women, but this friend is a man. Okay, he has 4 already born children that are MIA also, but surely you can give a little compassion?
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#14 Sep 2, 2012
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is if you are in the first several weeks. Murder has a definition. Perhaps your logic will allow you to look it up. To close, because ONLY abortion providers and not all other out-patient surgical centers are required to have these provisions, it's biased and not on the up and up.
Cain

Lenoir City, TN

#15 Sep 2, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text> No flood, and we just got power back! Those in flooded areas have my prayers. We're currently looking for a friend whose home was swept away. Are you donating to these causes? I know you don't care about women, but this friend is a man. Okay, he has 4 already born children that are MIA also, but surely you can give a little compassion?
No, you live in a damn bowl. Anyone stupid enough to stay after being told to get out know things like this will happen. They made the choice. You don't have compassion on the babies before they are born, why would you after the fact? 6579
Ocean56

AOL

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
Being overly emotional about a procedure and assigning inflammatory language like "murdering" only lessens your credibility in this argument. Semantics aside, if you want to remove the bodily autonomy of a woman, then come out and just say that you think women don't know what's right for themselves and should be resigned sub-human status.
Agreed. The anti-choice politicians like Romney and Ryan (to name just two) will never say that PUBLICLY, of course. That would cost them a lot of votes from women. But I have no doubt whatsoever that they believe this privately.

Let's not forget that to some of these right-wing kooks, even PREVENTING unwanted pregnancy by using contraception is "bad." They don't want low-income and poor women having access to reliable contraception at low or no cost either.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#17 Sep 2, 2012
Cain wrote:
<quoted text>No, you live in a damn bowl. Anyone stupid enough to stay after being told to get out know things like this will happen. They made the choice. You don't have compassion on the babies before they are born, why would you after the fact? 6579
Why should I have compassion for a clump of cells that are inside of someone? That person is who I have compassion for. You can't even recognize that can you? You like want to remove the autonomy of all women because you can't even recognize us as human beings. Live in a bowl? Never been here have you? The flooded areas are places that haven't flooded in years, but you wouldn't know that would you? Prarieville is far north of New Orleans, but you'd also have to posse some idea of geography. Your intelligence seems pretty limited overall. I won't put down the place where you live. Few places could hold a candle to the delight that is this city, and the wonderful people who populate it.
Cain

Lenoir City, TN

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Compassionvoid wrote:
<quoted text> Why should I have compassion for a clump of cells that are inside of someone? That person is who I have compassion for. You can't even recognize that can you? You like want to remove the autonomy of all women because you can't even recognize us as human beings. Live in a bowl? Never been here have you? The flooded areas are places that haven't flooded in years, but you wouldn't know that would you? Prarieville is far north of New Orleans, but you'd also have to posse some idea of geography. Your intelligence seems pretty limited overall. I won't put down the place where you live. Few places could hold a candle to the delight that is this city, and the wonderful people who populate it.
Eat someshit and go away trash. Yes I've been there. That's how I know what kind of trash lives there. It's a good place to keep scum like you.
Orion

Lenoir City, TN

#19 Sep 2, 2012
Hell yeah we ought to be passing laws that call for abortion recruiters to go into the hood and offer $200 to any knocked up black bitch we can find! We would save a fortune in welfare, food stamps, prison and such. We could then expand it to the Mexicans. If we didnt have this abortion these blacks would over run us like cockroaches.
Compassionvoid

New Orleans, LA

#20 Sep 2, 2012
Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Eat someshit and go away trash. Yes I've been there. That's how I know what kind of trash lives there. It's a good place to keep scum like you.
Awww, still can't respond without personal attacks. Hugs! I love you anyway! Thanks for calling me trash! I am a human being. You think all woman are trash, and you don't care about anything about them unless they are carrying a pregnancy for you to judge. Peace! Let go of the hate, dude. It's affecting your reading comprehension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware 12 min biggdadday 2
Guys BEWARE!! 19 min biggdadday 2
Tennova (Oct '11) 4 hr Gonzo 8
New Vol Uniforms - Nike 4 hr Yer Out 2
Chrysler 300 5 hr Speedy 2
Review: Pain Consultants Of East Tennessee (Aug '12) 5 hr Olie0106 90
Electrolux girls 12 hr Jessica 19
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE