lookinh for felon friendly employment

Posted in the Louisville Forum

indeed

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2013
I need a job but have drug charges on my background. I'm 2 years clean now,hard worker,n love people!
me too

Springfield, TN

#2 Sep 4, 2013
I have a felony record because of something stupid I did over 23 years ago. Nothing else has happened and I try to make up for my mistakes and move forward. The week before last, there was a felon friendly job fair at the career center. The lady in charge of it was horrible. She was the most unprofessional person I had ever seen in my life. There was nothing useful in the program and when someone asked her a question, she had no idea what the answer was and acted like a scared rabbit. If there are resources for people like me and many others, hopefully another agency will take the lead and provide a worthwhile program. Those that are trying and are truly remorseful of their wrongdoings, should be given a chance to better themselves.
Wa-Yo

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2013
I agree, I lived like a WILD MAN from 22-28 but somehow by the grace of GOD never got a felony. I went on to finish 2 degrees from 4 year schools and am THANKFUL DAILY for a GREAT CAREER. I agree though, I have been amazed at what a felony can do for job opportunity and living opportunity in nice areas. I hate it that guys who made mistakes years ago at young ages cannot find decent work. Keep your head up even though it is Hard as Hell and maybe something will eventually open.
that sucks

Springfield, TN

#4 Sep 26, 2013
It sucks the way people judge.
worried mother

United States

#5 Oct 1, 2013
sure does, I need a job so bad its pathetic. And now that Obama is doing this obamacare thing its going to making things so much more difficult!! I'm a mother of 3 and my husband only has maybe 1 month of work left.I don't want him to draw unemployment!!!!! Its only $200 a week if that and that don't take care of our needs at all! I'm in a rush, our kids need winter clothing and I am out of everything I need no joke. I wish I could get him to see how bad the kids and I are suffering but he refuses to for whatever reason/reasons! Though it does hurt badly! So therefore I'm trying and trying hard to find work myself. I can not sit back and see my kids go without! I won't,can't and will fight to do my best. But being I have 2 felony's no one will hire me. Not only that lack of job experience! I'm going to express hiring next week! maybe ill get lucky! But if not for bad luck I'd have none. I'm a complete different person from a year or so ago. And trying to better myself and to give all I can to my family and would love to be able to help the less fortunate but as of right now. I am the less fortunate! I just wish he would take a step back and really look at the tears I cry worrying,the fact I or the kids have nothing we need at all. I know he loves us but why does he not want to do whatever it takes to give us as his family the best there is. Or to at least want to provide what we need. So I guess I'll never know. But I'll figure it out by myself I guess. Being I've attempted talking to him plenty of times already !! So please if you hear of any jobs that might give me a chance let me no!;; thanks! Worried!:'(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 2 hr Vicky Georgianna 45
Looking for a Gia licensed Gemologist 2 hr Jewelry 2
Fart Stories!!!! (Jul '07) 3 hr Tommy2Farts 183
suboxone doctor accepting patience (Oct '10) 4 hr Sambo911 135
the pillheads are loose 6 hr Kristi Walker 2
News Person connected to "Rocky Top Murders" out of ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Advents 8
News Vineyard murder suspects bound over to grand jury (Apr '12) 8 hr Zeppelin 36
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]