krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppe...
Man Sex

Mauldin, SC

#81 Dec 24, 2012
SMDH wrote:
Reading through these posts makes me sad. I see some kind hearted people on here that are about equality and show care and concern for those that need the extra help. Then the ignorant selfish people who think flaunting their so-called riches is a golden ticket into heaven. If you have so much then share to charities so that it helps those in need to get back onto their feet. I am a mother on foodstamps, and I am not proud of it. I had a great paying job and handling all my affairs on my own. Shit happened and I was forced to move out of my good-to-do house and relocate to another state with family and needed the foodstamps to feed my children to help me get onto my feet. I do NOT take advantage of the system and I am certainly NOT dirty. My kids and I are well-fed, bathed, healthy and dress nice. Point?? Some people use the help to get back onto their feet. Not everyone takes advantage of the system and tax payers dollars. And to show my appreciation for the boost, I pay it forward. I volunteer my time and donate as much as possible. Sucks that it takes some people to ruin the stereotype for everyone.
U must be 1 of these broke asses that are annoying as hell! Trying to use food stamps and whatever else coupons U can save money with. Probably selling some your stamps at home and using the money for dope!
Normalperson

Nashville, TN

#82 Jan 18, 2013
I've stumbled across this discussion. I'm sorry for any poor or foodstamp users who have been mistreated by that particular Kroger's. I live in Nashville and have also traveled extensively and have never been treated rudely at a Kroger's whether I used Foodstamps or cash. It seems to be something in your town, that particular Kroger. I think the rich guy throwing around all the hate should know something...Hey idiot it could be you needing assistance. You should count your blessings, not put down others, you never know what the future holds. You could be stricken with a debilitating condition, lose your job and end up on foodstamps yourself. Not all wealthy people stay wealthy. It would kinda be funny...Doesn't seem like you deserve riches, but who am I too judge? Oh,only a normal person who knows life can deal unexpected blows to healthy, hard working, decent people. Better watch out out, dude, Karma's a real B****
tons of money

Nebo, NC

#83 Jan 18, 2013
Normalperson wrote:
I've stumbled across this discussion. I'm sorry for any poor or foodstamp users who have been mistreated by that particular Kroger's. I live in Nashville and have also traveled extensively and have never been treated rudely at a Kroger's whether I used Foodstamps or cash. It seems to be something in your town, that particular Kroger. I think the rich guy throwing around all the hate should know something...Hey idiot it could be you needing assistance. You should count your blessings, not put down others, you never know what the future holds. You could be stricken with a debilitating condition, lose your job and end up on foodstamps yourself. Not all wealthy people stay wealthy. It would kinda be funny...Doesn't seem like you deserve riches, but who am I too judge? Oh,only a normal person who knows life can deal unexpected blows to healthy, hard working, decent people. Better watch out out, dude, Karma's a real B****
Chill out and hush. Krogers doesn't mistreat them or anyone, food stamp users are just always wanting more and more for nothing. Here's a new one for em, try working for a change and earn your own but that would require work and that's not gonna happen.
chris

Grand Rapids, MI

#84 Jan 22, 2013
thingor2aboutathingor2 wrote:
a large number of threads on here ALWAYS go into this rich vs poor thing and how the rich are always doing bad things to poor people. just because i have money doesnt mean i have to be ashamed of it. i do see a bunch of "poor" folks using foodstamp cards and they are no more disabled than i am. i just dont screw the system. if you dont like how you are treated at krogers, dont go. i would enjoy my, white, carefree, rich existence more if there weren't so many poor folks around me in krogers, screwing up my shopping experience. please go to hg hills or somewhere else. that place is so ghetto. dont even get me started on wal mart. they should sell coupons for a mexican free shopping day.man glad i got that off my chest, think ill go to krogers and get some steaks with the wad of cash in my pocket.
PPl like you need to be taken out back and shot in the head
Tenesia

Knoxville, TN

#85 Jan 22, 2013
I think it is wrong for any store to treat people with any disrespect. I also hate the fact that, yes I see people with nice nails, nice cars, new clothes, and their hair done and using a foodstamp card. I work part time and my hubby works full time and we have one car and struggle to put food in our 1 bedroom apartment. For taxes this yr we might get 1k back while I will watch my bestfriend (Love her to death but not happy with her lifestyle) and her husband, that doesn't even look for work get food stamps ($800 a month for them and their 5 kids) and live in public housing, get prob close 2-3k just for having children. Of course they will have someone else file their children because once again they don't work. It makes me mad and has gotten me so upset that I have stopped hanging out with her. I miss her and the children dearly (we have been friends for 8 yrs) but I am trying to move up and she is just sitting on the bottom chilling. I understand the resentment and anger us working folk feel when we see this but remember they will be stuck there forever and we will have nice things, be able to take trips, and do other cool stuff that they never will. At least I/we hope lol. I use to get foodstamps but now I make to much money and while I get pissed off because there are days I feel like I won't eat and I know people not working at all have full pantries I would rather be on the other side then in the dumps they live in.
Scott Faughn

Springfield, TN

#86 Jan 25, 2013
matt wrote:
<quoted text>so your coming from Hendersonville to shop at Kroger's in Springfield? why would someones appearance make a difference if their spending their money at your place of business ? i think your comment proves truth seeker is right at least on that.i have found that some of the employees at Kroger's are rude sometime it happens.but a persons appearance shouldn't make a diffidence.
Maybe us decent white folk have jobs and don't want to wait in line for all the trash to figure out which gourmet items to spend our tax dollars on?
what about people

Speedwell, TN

#87 Jan 25, 2013
what about people who are really in need and the ones who do not abuse the system, nor do they have fancy nails, several children and a shiny new car?
Rich Folk in Springfield wrote:
I am so glad to know this about Kroger. I will shop there faithfully now. Because, I am so sick of seeing women with beautiful nails and several children (I can't have that many children because I can't afford to feed them) pull out their food stamp cards...I work to buy groceries...literally. SO, when I see others who could pay for their groceries as well as I can pull out those cards I want to be rude, too. Especially, when I am putting my groceries in a car 10 years old and they have a shiny new car with a big, old, fat car payment. The money they could use to buy their own groceries with. Yay...I will shop at KROGERS only now.
Business Owner

United States

#88 Feb 10, 2013
As a business owner in Springfield I am very upset by the treatment of these people..Rich or poor we should all be treated with respect and should be given the same service no matter what..I have sent this link along with a letter of complaint to the Kroger headquarters if their smart they will handle and correct this asap!! Shame on Kroger for allowing this to happen...and shame on any of you in this forum who agree with their behavior..Maybe some of you who agree with it should pick up a Bible...and read it..Jesus would never want us to treat each other this way...He loved the poor man just as much if not more than the rich man...Because the poor man was more humble...Praying some of you will never have to know what it feels like to go hungry!!
Big cat

Hendersonville, TN

#89 Feb 13, 2013
I buy condoms with mt food stamps. Editable condoms
A Modest Proposal

Adams, TN

#90 Feb 20, 2013
Big cat wrote:
I buy condoms with mt food stamps. Editable condoms
At least we won't have to worry about a bunch of Bible thumpin rednecks complaining about you having a bunch of no count ass kids that grow up to be just like you, on food stamps, not looking for work, and humpin with anyone they can...Women who are on food stamps should have to take a pregnancy test every month, and if it is positive they should make them have an abortion. If we would do this in 20 years 80-90 percent of the welfare abuse would be eliminated, because most of the people who abuse the system only do it because they were begotten by someone who did it before them, but the poor ole holy rollers would scream about that too.. These bloody conservatives don't know how to come up with solutions, just whine and cry after the fact.
Tony Stark

Knoxville, TN

#91 Jun 14, 2013
Kroger's is an equal opportunity offender. It has nothing to do with race, income level, or food-stamp useage... the staff here is rude and indifferent. I've been in there 4 times and everytime, the staff was horrible. It was like they were doing me a favor to stop their private conversations to check me out. I'm a middle-age, well-dressed, white man if now refuse to shop there. NOW, consider why Springfield can't grow and attact better paying jobs. It's people like those who work at Kroger's that up-hold our town's reputation.
Smarts

Charlotte, NC

#92 Jun 14, 2013
This Krogers doesnt mistreat them at all. Foodstamp users in Nashville are different than the BUMS in this town, nothing is good enough for them, always wanting more and more handouts. They bring their little dirty crumbsnatching kids in who eat all the free handouts and samples they can get their hands on. These people get treated fine they just always want more more more and are way to lazy to work for it....
mom of fo

Morristown, TN

#93 Jun 29, 2013
Smarts wrote:
This Krogers doesnt mistreat them at all. Foodstamp users in Nashville are different than the BUMS in this town, nothing is good enough for them, always wanting more and more handouts. They bring their little dirty crumbsnatching kids in who eat all the free handouts and samples they can get their hands on. These people get treated fine they just always want more more more and are way to lazy to work for it....
. o.k. Just so you know, Glenbrooke Kroger treats ALL of their customers poorly. I am done. Last trip was this evening. It was 10 30 and the checker was pissed I had 300.00 in groceries. I had to help BAG everything myself while he was pissed and throwing my groceries around. I couldn't find an employee to ck me out!!! He had been hanging out with his coworker and they didn't even stop their conversation. In fact they kept talking to each other while they watched me unload my cart. I have a family of 6 and I spend at least 1200.00 a Month in groceries. Not that the checkers and baggers really care. Finished and done. Goodbye to all the RUDE and careless Kroger employees in Hendersonville. There are plenty of grocery stores and you will not be missed.
I Know

Campobello, SC

#94 Jul 1, 2013
mom of fo wrote:
<quoted text>. o.k. Just so you know, Glenbrooke Kroger treats ALL of their customers poorly. I am done. Last trip was this evening. It was 10 30 and the checker was pissed I had 300.00 in groceries. I had to help BAG everything myself while he was pissed and throwing my groceries around. I couldn't find an employee to ck me out!!! He had been hanging out with his coworker and they didn't even stop their conversation. In fact they kept talking to each other while they watched me unload my cart. I have a family of 6 and I spend at least 1200.00 a Month in groceries. Not that the checkers and baggers really care. Finished and done. Goodbye to all the RUDE and careless Kroger employees in Hendersonville. There are plenty of grocery stores and you will not be missed.
Duh, no one working at that time wants to be there so thats why they stick them with those hours, if your buying that much and go at that time what was you expecting? Red Carpet treatment? Im sure he was like this broad has come in this late and has an order this big, WTF. LOL you go at that time any service you get you should be thankful for.
Jim-Bob

Charlotte, NC

#95 Jul 23, 2013
ronnie wrote:
i am not taking sides on this but i decided to put it to a test so i went to Kroger in Springfield with a friend who has a food stamp card it belongs to his grandmother who he shops for.i paid for a 12 pack of cokes with cash and i was thanked and told to come back so good so far.my friend is behind me in line with a 12 pack of Pepsi he uses the food stamp card i watched closely and after getting his receipt all he got was stares from the 2 clerks he never was told thank you or come back not one word. in fact the one baggar a young kid who had told me thank you dropped his head at my friend.so that does say to me anyway that Kroger doesn't care for people who shop their with food stamps.very sad
YOu missed the problem. See you bought Coke. And they bought Pepsi. I would stair too. And the Bagger was let down by the Pepsi carton as well.
i hope someone does

United States

#96 Jul 24, 2013
My parents are disabled but have worked their whole life for what they have and needed a little help and receive foodstamps. They also shop at kroger and always have. I hope i ever see anyone disrespect either of them because i Will let them have it . The ones who work at kroger have no right to snarl their nose at anyone and just to be blunt about it, with what kroger pays their employees, they should probably be nice to everyone they meet because they may very well be the one on the other side of that foodstamp card. Let me ever hear someone disrespect my parents or anyone for that matter, i Will speak up!!
Abby

Hollywood, FL

#97 Nov 18, 2013
Everybody posting here needs a spelling and grammar lesson. I'm not saying this to be mean, but a strong and valid argument is immediately diminished when they aren't conveyed properly. To the rich racist who may or may not be playing the devil's advocate, your ideology is a far greater problem in this country than those who rely on foods tamps to feed themselves or their family.

Yes, some people take advantage of the system, but anyone who has ever worked and paid taxes has paid into the system that funds food assistance benefits, including the poor. They are meant to support those in need when times are tough. Many people don't want to accept them, but may not eat if they don't. They don't eat, they get sick and end up in the hospital. They can't pay the bill so who does? You do. You and the companies you work for pay for it in higher premiums.

As far as the iphone and the big fancy car, you could very possibly be right, but you don't know their situation. For example, maybe they just got laid off from their job. They aren't making their car payment, simply driving it until it is repossessed by the bank or perhaps they paid it off when they were employed. Maybe they got the iphone for Christmas and getting out of their contract will cost them more than trying to make the payment each month.

The truth is, people make snap judgements instead of working with their community to find a better way.

By the way, the same people whining about others using food stamps are probably against immigration reform that would make it easier for people to become citizens. Here's an economics lesson, the uninsured whether they are legal citizens or not don't go to the doctor for preventative care because they can't afford it. They wait until the situation becomes life threatening which requires a lot more money to address the problem. This is money they don't have. Your employer's premiums rise to offset the cost. Who do you think they are going to pass the buck onto? You. It's much cheaper to feed the hungry than to treat them.

I do very well for myself and I wouldn't wish poverty on anyone. Yes, I've worked hard to get here, but I also know people who worked very hard their whole life were never able to keep up with the rising cost of living. They were ashamed to seek help and didn't want to be a burden of their friends and family. Some of them are no longer here. They weren't drug addicts and they weren't dumb. They simply didn't have the same opportunities as some of us have had.

Consider all the alternatives before you play judge and jury.
Abby

Hollywood, FL

#98 Nov 18, 2013
*food stamps (typo fist paragraph)
**on their friends and family (last paragraph)
Kroger

Asheboro, NC

#99 Mar 5, 2014
truthseeker wrote:
KROGER'S, IS it just me or has anyone else ever noticed that KROGER'S here in Springfield refers the rich and the important people and thumbs their noses up at the low income and the poor?ON several occasions I have seen Kroger employees say thank you have a nice day to the people who pay with cash but hardly ever say anything when people pay with food stamps.the one gentleman who you see at u scan is always nice to the well dressed and people who pay with cash but turns his head away from people who use a food stamp card.it has always been said that KROGER'S was a rich mans store and HG HILLS was for the poor man I am beginning to believe that's its very true.but I forget I am in Springfield tn where the more money you have the better you get treated.now this is my opinion you might not agree which is your right.
Get a life....oh and a job!!
jay

Springfield, TN

#100 Mar 19, 2014
Rich Folk in Springfield wrote:
I am so glad to know this about Kroger. I will shop there faithfully now. Because, I am so sick of seeing women with beautiful nails and several children (I can't have that many children because I can't afford to feed them) pull out their food stamp cards...I work to buy groceries...literally. SO, when I see others who could pay for their groceries as well as I can pull out those cards I want to be rude, too. Especially, when I am putting my groceries in a car 10 years old and they have a shiny new car with a big, old, fat car payment. The money they could use to buy their own groceries with. Yay...I will shop at KROGERS only now.
I think the people that work at Kroger may have a higher standard. Not saying your low standard if you have food stamps, but if you come in looking like a mess with your 4 loud kids your getting child support and food stamps for, just treating them like shit because at least you get money on the first. Springfield is filled with low life money grubbing turds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stings, backpage, preachers, etc 56 min Funkmeister 6
Norfolk southern 1 hr Redeemed 2
Free cell phones at Goodwill 4 hr Inspector 10
All Around Roofing in Knoxville 6 hr Roger 1
McGhee Tyson Airport baggage claim 6 hr Jilly Rizzo 2
Heath Babb 6 hr verstop 106
News Knoxville police responding to possible shooting 10 hr Advents 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages