krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppe...

krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppers or low income people

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
truthseeker

Springfield, TN

#1 May 4, 2012
KROGER'S, IS it just me or has anyone else ever noticed that KROGER'S here in Springfield refers the rich and the important people and thumbs their noses up at the low income and the poor?ON several occasions I have seen Kroger employees say thank you have a nice day to the people who pay with cash but hardly ever say anything when people pay with food stamps.the one gentleman who you see at u scan is always nice to the well dressed and people who pay with cash but turns his head away from people who use a food stamp card.it has always been said that KROGER'S was a rich mans store and HG HILLS was for the poor man I am beginning to believe that's its very true.but I forget I am in Springfield tn where the more money you have the better you get treated.now this is my opinion you might not agree which is your right.

Hendersonville, TN

#2 May 4, 2012
truthseeker wrote:
KROGER'S, IS it just me or has anyone else ever noticed that KROGER'S here in Springfield refers the rich and the important people and thumbs their noses up at the low income and the poor?ON several occasions I have seen Kroger employees say thank you have a nice day to the people who pay with cash but hardly ever say anything when people pay with food stamps.the one gentleman who you see at u scan is always nice to the well dressed and people who pay with cash but turns his head away from people who use a food stamp card.it has always been said that KROGER'S was a rich mans store and HG HILLS was for the poor man I am beginning to believe that's its very true.but I forget I am in Springfield tn where the more money you have the better you get treated.now this is my opinion you might not agree which is your right.
I use foodstamps and they are always polite to me, I have never met a rude person there. Maybe it's just your appearance or attitude?!
matt

Springfield, TN

#3 May 5, 2012
reply wrote:
<quoted text>
I use foodstamps and they are always polite to me, I have never met a rude person there. Maybe it's just your appearance or attitude?!
so your coming from Hendersonville to shop at Kroger's in Springfield? why would someones appearance make a difference if their spending their money at your place of business ? i think your comment proves truth seeker is right at least on that.i have found that some of the employees at Kroger's are rude sometime it happens.but a persons appearance shouldn't make a diffidence.
missy

Springfield, TN

#4 May 5, 2012
i have witnessed employees at Springfield Kroger's being rude to people who pay with food stamps by not saying thank you come back but they do to people who pay with credit cards or cash.it has always been rumored that Kroger's is a rich persons store i have heard that all my life here in Springfield.I stopped shopping at Kroger's years ago because i don't like their high prices and their attitude towards certain people.also reply mentioned appearance how someone dresses should not have anything to do with someone buying grocery's at Kroger's that's crazy to even say that and if it is true then Kroger needs to put up a sign saying You CANT SHOP HERE AT KROGER UNLESS YOU ARE PROPERLY DRESSED.
darren

Springfield, TN

#5 May 5, 2012
my father was treated badly at Kroger in Springfield because he wears overalls and uses a food stamp card.people who where in front of him paying with cash and checks where told THANK YOU HAVE NICE DAY but when my father pulled out his food stamp card no one told him anything and he had to put his sacks in the cart and push it to his truck.i have heard other people say that Kroger was a rich persons store its nothing new about it and they treat poor people pretty rudely we don't shop their anymore so we don't worry about it beside other stores are cheaper and don't mind if you use food stamps.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6 May 5, 2012
Kroger's is filled with smarmy think they are better than everybody else type people just like the warehouse Peyton's in Portland, the distributor of Krogers.
Rich Folk in Springfield

Springfield, TN

#7 May 5, 2012
I am so glad to know this about Kroger. I will shop there faithfully now. Because, I am so sick of seeing women with beautiful nails and several children (I can't have that many children because I can't afford to feed them) pull out their food stamp cards...I work to buy groceries...literally. SO, when I see others who could pay for their groceries as well as I can pull out those cards I want to be rude, too. Especially, when I am putting my groceries in a car 10 years old and they have a shiny new car with a big, old, fat car payment. The money they could use to buy their own groceries with. Yay...I will shop at KROGERS only now.
don

Springfield, TN

#8 May 5, 2012
Rich Folk in Springfield wrote:
I am so glad to know this about Kroger. I will shop there faithfully now. Because, I am so sick of seeing women with beautiful nails and several children (I can't have that many children because I can't afford to feed them) pull out their food stamp cards...I work to buy groceries...literally. SO, when I see others who could pay for their groceries as well as I can pull out those cards I want to be rude, too. Especially, when I am putting my groceries in a car 10 years old and they have a shiny new car with a big, old, fat car payment. The money they could use to buy their own groceries with. Yay...I will shop at KROGERS only now.
well your the kind that Kroger wants then snobbish selfish and full of it.some people depend on those food stamps to survive and be able to feed their family.i am glad your able to work but i no some people who cant like the man who lives next door to he has no legs and blind and he lives off 72.00 a month in food stamps try that and see how many days a month you feel hungry.people like you and Kroger deserve each other so go their and shop your a-- off.
thingor2aboutath ingor2

Greenbrier, TN

#9 May 5, 2012
a large number of threads on here ALWAYS go into this rich vs poor thing and how the rich are always doing bad things to poor people. just because i have money doesnt mean i have to be ashamed of it. i do see a bunch of "poor" folks using foodstamp cards and they are no more disabled than i am. i just dont screw the system. if you dont like how you are treated at krogers, dont go. i would enjoy my, white, carefree, rich existence more if there weren't so many poor folks around me in krogers, screwing up my shopping experience. please go to hg hills or somewhere else. that place is so ghetto. dont even get me started on wal mart. they should sell coupons for a mexican free shopping day.man glad i got that off my chest, think ill go to krogers and get some steaks with the wad of cash in my pocket.
ronnie

Springfield, TN

#10 May 5, 2012
i am not taking sides on this but i decided to put it to a test so i went to Kroger in Springfield with a friend who has a food stamp card it belongs to his grandmother who he shops for.i paid for a 12 pack of cokes with cash and i was thanked and told to come back so good so far.my friend is behind me in line with a 12 pack of Pepsi he uses the food stamp card i watched closely and after getting his receipt all he got was stares from the 2 clerks he never was told thank you or come back not one word. in fact the one baggar a young kid who had told me thank you dropped his head at my friend.so that does say to me anyway that Kroger doesn't care for people who shop their with food stamps.very sad
terrycedarhill

Springfield, TN

#11 May 5, 2012
thingor2aboutathingor2 wrote:
a large number of threads on here ALWAYS go into this rich vs poor thing and how the rich are always doing bad things to poor people. just because i have money doesnt mean i have to be ashamed of it. i do see a bunch of "poor" folks using foodstamp cards and they are no more disabled than i am. i just dont screw the system. if you dont like how you are treated at krogers, dont go. i would enjoy my, white, carefree, rich existence more if there weren't so many poor folks around me in krogers, screwing up my shopping experience. please go to hg hills or somewhere else. that place is so ghetto. dont even get me started on wal mart. they should sell coupons for a mexican free shopping day.man glad i got that off my chest, think ill go to krogers and get some steaks with the wad of cash in my pocket.
I don't believe anyone is saying you have to be ashamed to have money the point or the debate is does Kroger prefer cash paying customers to people who have to use food stamps.I shop their and i have seen people who use food stamps shop their also and i must say i can tell by the attitude of employees at Springfield Kroger that they are more respectable to cash paying customers then people who don't pay cash.now that is their right to do that because they do have the right not serve you me or anyone for that matter.but you sound like a racist to me or you have a problem with people who don't have a WAD OF CASH like you say you carry.but your a sad case your probably a very lonely person with no friends no life and you hate the world.so enjoy those steaks you say your going to buy. I guess that's about all a man like you can do on a Saturday night.pity
tracyandbill

Springfield, TN

#12 May 5, 2012
excuse me but is this section about how Kroger treats people or is it about a persons color or their bank account? i am confused after reading the comment from the man in whithouse.wad of cash ,steaks,wal mart Mexicans what is up with all that is he a racist or does anyone agree with those insane comments i hope not.i wouldn't want to run into him at Kroger when he is buying those steaks with that wad of cash he says he has.people who talk like that scare me i prey he stays in whithouse let those people up their deal with his insanity we don't need him here in Springfield we already have enough craziness.PLEASE STAY IN WHITHOUSE.
thingor2aboutath ingor2

Greenbrier, TN

#13 May 5, 2012
actually its not really a wad, more like a roll,that i could burn down a wet mule with. as far as friends go, i have plenty, maybe tonight we will get together and wonder what all the poor people are doing. its gonna be a party here, we have several 3rd world ladies coming over, and you can just imagine the debauchery that will go on. maybe tomorrow we will get drunk and heckle the folks coming out of hg hills, maybe even go throw rotten fruit and vegtables at the crackheads on batts and on south main. helluva weekend.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 May 5, 2012
ronnie wrote:
i am not taking sides on this but i decided to put it to a test so i went to Kroger in Springfield with a friend who has a food stamp card it belongs to his grandmother who he shops for.i paid for a 12 pack of cokes with cash and i was thanked and told to come back so good so far.my friend is behind me in line with a 12 pack of Pepsi he uses the food stamp card i watched closely and after getting his receipt all he got was stares from the 2 clerks he never was told thank you or come back not one word. in fact the one baggar a young kid who had told me thank you dropped his head at my friend.so that does say to me anyway that Kroger doesn't care for people who shop their with food stamps.very sad
what gets me about that is who are these people to look down drop heads or anything? they work at KROGER!! it's not like they are making 28,000 a year with stock options and drive to work everyday in their BMWs. they make minimum wage at best! screw them and whoever thinks they are better than anybody for that matter.
thingor2aboutath ingor2

Greenbrier, TN

#15 May 5, 2012
brianintn wrote:
<quoted text> what gets me about that is who are these people to look down drop heads or anything? they work at KROGER!! it's not like they are making 28,000 a year with stock options and drive to work everyday in their BMWs. they make minimum wage at best! screw them and whoever thinks they are better than anybody for that matter.
28,000 a year?? damn, picture me rollin with that kind of money!!!!!! hey dummy do you know that 28,000 a year is around
530 dollars a week. hard to afford a beamer and stock options on that money.
dannyboy

Springfield, TN

#16 May 6, 2012
getting deep in here but i do agree that Kroger doesn't like or want people shopping their that use food stamps and they do show a poor attitude towards people who look poor.my cousin who worked for Kroger for years said that they had many complaints about the way they treat certain people meaning the poor and food stamps.but its wrong for Kroger to do that to anyone.but for the rich guy on here it sounds like you are dangerous or crazy and coming to Springfield to do what you said proves your a lier or crazy maybe both.this is about Kroger not you and your money and your insane ideas.go preach on batts about how much money you got i would love to see that.
adamstn

Springfield, TN

#17 May 6, 2012
the old Kroger story again i see is back for a return engagement.facts on Springfield Kroger ,they don't like food stamp shoppers and they don't care for poor people shopping their.to be honest about it they don't care for blacks being their in my opinion.but Kroger is pretty smart about how they do dirty things like not being polite to food stamp shoppers and poor folks you cant beat them so the best thing is to shop somewhere else unless you want Kroger to hurt your feelings and they will do that. Kroger has a image that they refer rich people to shop their and dirty old food stamp people are not welcome which I AM ONE and not ashamed to admit it.hg hills or save-alot treats you better anyway who needs Kroger i dam sure don't.
fedupwiththepoor

Springfield, TN

#18 May 6, 2012
Kroger might take a dim view when something is said about their image that is negative in other words they don't like it.so what if Kroger doesn't want food stamp shoppers or some old dirty tobacco farmer shopping their its their right not to want them their.take your business somewhere else you have HG hills save alot wal mart their built for the poor and low income people and Kroger likes the well to do and well know officials to shop their.so stop complaining about Kroger not wanting your business and get a job get off welfare and food stamps then you might be able to shop at Kroger and get that " thank you " you so much want.who wants to rub up against some farmer or electrolux worker who smells like sweat or meat cutter from Tyson that smells like hamburger meat I don't and i don't believe Kroger does.my opinion
thingor2aboutath ingor2

Greenbrier, TN

#19 May 6, 2012
please ALL food stamp people, stay away from hg hills. go to wal mart. the prices are better there and you wont be wasting MY tax dollars that go to feed all of you. been drinkin since 10 this morning, headed to town now. will be at hg hills soon to spread the message. south towners stay behind the border at central ave, we may go eat at the depot, and i dont need to see a dirty while im trying to park. thank you
bobby

Springfield, TN

#20 May 6, 2012
my sister call and told me to go to this forum and read about Kroger well i get on here and read some very interesting comments.let me say this first it is my opinion that Kroger doesn't like the people to come and shop their who are on food stamps and they do show disrespect to people who look poor or don't dress up.now to the loud mouth from whitehouse who has a lot of money so he says and will be eating at the depot.I live in SOUTH TOWN and anytime you think you can make me stay south of the border as you call it then your very welcome to try.if i am not around their are plenty of south town rink a dinks that will cover for me no problem.but i don't have to worry about that because your just some bumpkin from white house shooting off your mouth so go and tell your story walking,nothing here for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White dude found dead on South Main 1 hr faith911 2
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 4 hr Kim Knows 137
Need info 8 hr BluntCountee 1
Gangs In Knoxville 13 hr Luke 8
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 14 hr Jesus 6
What gang runs the tillery ridge apartments? 14 hr Tamika 1
terri d brabston, smiley riley, and chase 15 hr XXX 3

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance