Man killed in Oneida car crash

Man killed in Oneida car crash

There are 81 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Man killed in Oneida car crash. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A man was killed early this morning in a one-vehicle car crash in Oneida. Two were injured.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
starajay

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2008
why is the first thing they always ask: is alcohol involved?
crazyjane

Helenwood, TN

#2 Mar 16, 2008
Who was it that got killed?
josh

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 16, 2008
sad
Read It

Morristown, TN

#4 Mar 16, 2008
Had you read the article you would know who was killed. Good Lord!
Retired LEO

Albania

#7 Mar 16, 2008
starajay wrote:
why is the first thing they always ask: is alcohol involved?
As a former Accident Investigation Unit member, the key is a "one vehicle accident!" The next question is "why?" Most often the answer is drugs or alcohol or fatigue.
Devoted Vol

Oneida, TN

#8 Mar 16, 2008
WBIR..the time is wrong..Your article says PM, but it should be AM
Read It

Morristown, TN

#10 Mar 16, 2008
Good comeback Crazy! Word of advice, when your trying to be a smart as*, it might help if you don't make errors in your spelling. Otherwise you look like a dumbas* who is TRYING to be a smartas* and failing.
buckled up

Crossville, TN

#11 Mar 16, 2008
Seatbelts sure would have made this story different.
Charles

Rock Island, TN

#12 Mar 16, 2008
I'm sure you never made a typo? You are perfect!

Thanks to the one that posted a nice comment about the error and I'm sure they will correct it.

My prayers go out to the family and the ones involved in the crash.

I hate to say it but usually most of these fatal accidents seem to involve booze or young drivers speeding or showing out.
can u read wrote:
since when is 2:12 p.m. in the early morning? good work wbir
can u read

Franklin, TN

#13 Mar 16, 2008
Charles wrote:
I'm sure you never made a typo? You are perfect!
Thanks to the one that posted a nice comment about the error and I'm sure they will correct it.
My prayers go out to the family and the ones involved in the crash.
I hate to say it but usually most of these fatal accidents seem to involve booze or young drivers speeding or showing out.

<quoted text>
you must be the one that typed it. sorry i called you out on your stupidity. i won't expose you again...if you don't do it again. my suggestion is to run your print by the editor before you run your story. or ask your mommy.
Interested Citizen

Nashville, TN

#14 Mar 16, 2008
Come on guys! We're arguing about typos and people not reading articles completely and there is a family that is dealing with the loss of a loved one. Hopefully people can respect that. My thoughts and prayers are with those that are affected by the accident.
Just me

Helenwood, TN

#15 Mar 16, 2008
Retired LEO wrote:
<quoted text>As a former Accident Investigation Unit member, the key is a "one vehicle accident!" The next question is "why?" Most often the answer is drugs or alcohol or fatigue.
This is terrible that someone lost their life
but didn't these same boys make the front page of the local newspapers for a big drug bust recently?? the one where the police answered their phone and got some customers also??
can u read

Franklin, TN

#16 Mar 16, 2008
Interested Citizen wrote:
Come on guys! We're arguing about typos and people not reading articles completely and there is a family that is dealing with the loss of a loved one. Hopefully people can respect that. My thoughts and prayers are with those that are affected by the accident.
why does anyone care about what another poster says? speak your mind on the topic and move on. i was bugged by the lack of editing in this story. doesn't it strike you that if a story is not properly edited the SUBSTANCE of the story might be flawed? challenge the accuracy and veracity of every story you read, otherwise you are swallowing whatever swill the media serves up. again, poor job wbir and at last check it hasnt been fixed.
crazyjane

Oneida, TN

#17 Mar 16, 2008
can u read wrote:
<quoted text>why does anyone care about what another poster says? speak your mind on the topic and move on. i was bugged by the lack of editing in this story. doesn't it strike you that if a story is not properly edited the SUBSTANCE of the story might be flawed? challenge the accuracy and veracity of every story you read, otherwise you are swallowing whatever swill the media serves up. again, poor job wbir and at last check it hasnt been fixed.
And since this is class,you must always begin a sentence with a capital letter.
can u read

Franklin, TN

#18 Mar 16, 2008
watch using commas when you dont need to. i guess you work for wbir too. i would say something back at you but the crying would short your computer out. any reason why you would defend bad reporting? guess you like news on the short side so you can plug your drama in. why dont you call your buddies at the station and tell them to change it? i promise i'll shut up.
crazyjane

Oneida, TN

#19 Mar 16, 2008
This news is not about spelling, nor the correct way to write up a report, but you seem to think it is so go find a post about English 101 and leave everyone alone.
Yep

Lancing, TN

#20 Mar 16, 2008
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is terrible that someone lost their life
but didn't these same boys make the front page of the local newspapers for a big drug bust recently?? the one where the police answered their phone and got some customers also??
This is the same group of people.All was charged except for Eddie Slaven but it was his dad's house where the raid took place.Secondly, the COPS did answer the phone and made drug deals and the people showed up.How funny is that?
can u read

Franklin, TN

#21 Mar 16, 2008
crazyjane wrote:
This news is not about spelling, nor the correct way to write up a report, but you seem to think it is so go find a post about English 101 and leave everyone alone.
sorry dumbjane i think i'll stay awhile. it's fun getting up in your a$s. bet you're steaming and it wasn't even about you! if you were paying your reporter you'd expect better but i bet you don't pay a thing to anybody. hope you can hold out a couple of weeks for check day.
Just me

Helenwood, TN

#22 Mar 16, 2008
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same group of people.All was charged except for Eddie Slaven but it was his dad's house where the raid took place.Secondly, the COPS did answer the phone and made drug deals and the people showed up.How funny is that?
It is a shame
oneida

Columbia, SC

#23 Mar 16, 2008
Alcohol WAS involved.Driver was drunk.So sad.He needs to be hung.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knoxville to conduct survey over zoning ordinance 10 min Citizen 3
Pulpo Loco hit and run Saturday May 19th 2018 6 hr Buzz 2
Homeowners Association 11 hr Asheville Zoning 31
Sorry state of UT 17 hr OS wannabe 17
News Want to Listen to Police Scanners? Cops Say No ... 19 hr Casual Observer 8
News Religious leaders say ICE raid hurt community 23 hr Electra41 87
Holly Gotta Go 23 hr Holly Gotta Go 36

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages