Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9724 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

carmen

United States

#9345 May 5, 2014
On 16 Dr Phil Has 2 parents that k
illed their sons.But they said shots done it !! They need 2 be hung by their toes ....Sorry BASTARDS !!!
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9346 May 5, 2014
carmen wrote:
illed their sons.But they said shots done it !! They need 2 be hung by their toes ....Sorry BASTARDS !!!
I can think of better places to hang them by...a lot more sensitive !!( BOTH mom AND dad!!)
paula

Morristown, TN

#9347 May 5, 2014
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
No my neice is autistic due to her immunizations. Why would they even try. I do not agree with getting shots now even the flu shot.
miss muff

Simi Valley, CA

#9348 May 5, 2014
Carmen you are kinda funny
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9350 May 6, 2014
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That article is a load of bunk. It "suggests" this and "supposes" that and tries to hint and some loose indication of a link between vaccination and autism. It suggest that peer reviewed studies have shown a causation link between the two and then later goes on to say that no studies have been done because they are afraid of what they might find.
So which is it? Is there evidence of a link or not? The answer is there is not, and there is no credible link to suggest there is. The article sites the growing number of autism cases and then suggests that vaccinations "might" be at fault. Now that might sound pretty compelling to mom and pop America that don't actually HAVE a medical degree and think that what they here on FOX News or MSNBC is the truth. Have you folks ever considered that it might just as likely be some other factor causing a rise in autism such as environmental pollutants, diet, health risks taken by mothers during pregnancy, or a thousand other factors?! What makes you so sure it is vaccines? I mentioned this to a doctor I work with who teaches medicine, and has more degrees and experience that you can shake a stick at. He just sighed and shook his head. We discussed how people who are pretty uniformed and unqualified can believe the craziest stuff.
While you are "researching" the link between autism and vaccinations, you might also want to straighten your tin foil hat and look into Area 51, who shot President Kennedy, and whether or not the moon landings were faked.
Tn. Reader. What "study"???

In 2004 the NIH held meetings, 8 in fact. They stated, emphatically, that they did not wish to peruse any studies which looked into a genetically at-risk population (vaccine-autism).

The link I posted was an interview with the retired Director of the NIH & her take on those meetings.
As for your tin foil hat..
Tobacco doesn't cause cancer & you can feed lead based paint chips to your kid for dinner tonight. the "solid research" behind the safety records of both these innocuous products was funded by the same folks who produce them.
Well, you know, until some people who didn't stand to profit from their sale dug into the subject.
Now we know, albeit a little late for some folk.

Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9351 May 6, 2014
carmen wrote:
SBS cases are being overturned. Vaccine induced encephalitis is more frequent than you might think.

http://www.freeyurko.bizland.com/

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#9352 May 6, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Tn. Reader. What "study"???
In 2004 the NIH held meetings, 8 in fact. They stated, emphatically, that they did not wish to peruse any studies which looked into a genetically at-risk population (vaccine-autism).
The link I posted was an interview with the retired Director of the NIH & her take on those meetings.
As for your tin foil hat..
Tobacco doesn't cause cancer & you can feed lead based paint chips to your kid for dinner tonight. the "solid research" behind the safety records of both these innocuous products was funded by the same folks who produce them.
Well, you know, until some people who didn't stand to profit from their sale dug into the subject.
Now we know, albeit a little late for some folk.
Try this on for size:

Vaccine Safety - Concerns about Autism
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Aut...

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#9353 May 6, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
SBS cases are being overturned. Vaccine induced encephalitis is more frequent than you might think.
http://www.freeyurko.bizland.com/
Try someone reputable like the CDC instead of some home brewed web site made by other anti-vaccine crazies.

Your quality of information might be better.
Evem more real

Knoxville, TN

#9354 May 6, 2014
Yeah, it was written by the federal government and we know they would NEVER lie to anyone, right?
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9355 May 6, 2014
I think we should give vaccinations to possums on the half shell!!( Right Armadllo??) LOL!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9356 May 6, 2014
Polio is making a comeback because the Militants are killing all the Humanitarian Relief Medical Workers in these 3rd World Countries.

So, get ready to have to take the Polio vaccine, again...and for God's sake, let your Children take it!
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9357 May 6, 2014
WTSenior wrote:
Polio is making a comeback because the Militants are killing all the Humanitarian Relief Medical Workers in these 3rd World Countries.
So, get ready to have to take the Polio vaccine, again...and for God's sake, let your Children take it!
Another good reason to stay away from 3rd world countries and another good reason to close our borders to ALL of them!! We ought to talk on the phone sometime Sass!!

Location hidden

#9358 May 6, 2014
REO wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good reason to stay away from 3rd world countries and another good reason to close our borders to ALL of them!! We ought to talk on the phone sometime Sass!!
You said that you were going to register, but you haven't.

Give me your number and I'll call you.

Location hidden

#9359 May 6, 2014
REO wrote:
<quoted text>
As the News Reporter said , "All of these diseases are only a plane ride away in this Global World that we're living in".
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#9361 May 6, 2014
REO wrote:
<quoted text>
God help us!
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#9362 May 6, 2014
Evem more real wrote:
Yeah, it was written by the federal government and we know they would NEVER lie to anyone, right?
And you have no agenda either?
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9363 May 6, 2014
The only agenda I have is tasting me some possum on the half shell!!
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#9364 May 6, 2014
REO wrote:
Hardly the case. In any case your posts "sound" like a broken record.
Red

Knoxville, TN

#9365 May 7, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the case. In any case your posts "sound" like a broken record.
You can hear those posts?
Are they as loud as the voices in your head?
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9367 May 7, 2014
REO wrote:
This was not the REAL REO...just a pathetic poser!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 8 hr Rockthevote 11
Dr. High (Oral Surgeon) (May '13) 23 hr Dave Weston 2
Sick of all your junk white trash rednecks Sun Sick of junk 7
News Person connected to "Rocky Top Murders" out of ... (Mar '07) Sun soltera65 13
looking for robert[robbie] lynn simpson (Dec '09) Sat Sorry for him 2
Billy Goat Tavern....AWESOME Restaurant Aug 27 Yummy 1
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... Aug 27 WBC 2 53

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages