Four Children Killed In Blount County...

Four Children Killed In Blount County fire

There are 172 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Feb 6, 2007, titled Four Children Killed In Blount County fire. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

An overnight fire in Blount County has claimed the lives of four children, according to Sheriff James Berrong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Amanda

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Feb 6, 2007
My prayers are with the family.
Jason Amburn

Benton Harbor, MI

#2 Feb 6, 2007
Thoughts and prayers for this family.
Ucemego

AOL

#3 Feb 6, 2007
My son in law is one of the firefighters on the scene. This seems to be a firefighters worst nightmare. This is such a tragic incident. My prayers are also with the family and also each of the workers that are out there trying to help. So very sad..... I do wonder if this was a mobile home. Looking at the picture its looks like it may be or maybe its just an older home. Appears that there is possibly a wood stove from the looks of the chimney in the picture.
Jacqueline Cornwell

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2007
My thought and prayers are with the family. GOD BLESS !!!!!!!!!
Heather

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2007
Ucemego wrote:
My son in law is one of the firefighters on the scene. This seems to be a firefighters worst nightmare. This is such a tragic incident. My prayers are also with the family and also each of the workers that are out there trying to help. So very sad..... I do wonder if this was a mobile home. Looking at the picture its looks like it may be or maybe its just an older home. Appears that there is possibly a wood stove from the looks of the chimney in the picture.
My brother inlaw is a firefighter for Blount Co. I have been trying all morning to find out if he is at this fire. Either way this is tragic. I cannot imagine experiencing this in any way.
brandi

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 6, 2007
This family needs lots of prayers and support..This is such a terrible thing that could happen to any of us..So be very thankful for your family and children..
A VERY LOVING MOM

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2007
oh i can't even begin to imagine what these parents are feeling. MY DEEPEST OF SYMPATHY AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM (as with the FAMILIES IN KENTUCKY)! This is one form of death that saddens and scares me.GOD BLESS ALL THE FAMILIES. PLEASE PLEASE CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS!!!!!
Michelle-Friends ville

Newark, NJ

#8 Feb 6, 2007
This is such a sad situation and though I don't know the family, I want to extend my thoughts and prayers to th family.
Randall

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 6, 2007
My thoughts and prayers got out to the family.
Friendsville Mom

Orlando, FL

#10 Feb 6, 2007
The whole community grieves for this well loved family and their tragic loss. My son attends the same school as three of their children did. We're all deeply saddened by this.

Many prayers for the family.
Retha

Knoxville, TN

#11 Feb 6, 2007
The Red Cross is accepting donations to help the family. Donations of clothes are also being accepted. Anyone that can help, please do so, even if it just a prayer for them.
JAMES

Maryville, TN

#13 Feb 6, 2007
AS A FIREFIGHTER I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY ON THEIR TERRIBLE LOSE. WE NEED TO ALSO REMEMBER THE FIREFIGHTERS ON SCENE AS THIS IS VERY TRAGIC ON THEM ALSO. MAY GOD GIVE PEACE AND HOPE TO ALL INVOLVED.
Sandy

United States

#14 Feb 6, 2007
Such a very sad story this is, as well as the one in Kentucky. Please keep these families in their prayers. Continue to guard your own safety this time of the years with fireplaces, etc. Check your smoke alarms
Lisa

Knoxville, TN

#15 Feb 6, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are wtih you.

“Did it on em'”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#16 Feb 6, 2007
My deepest prayers go out to this family....my heart is so saddened by this. If anyone have any info on the surviving child (boy/girl) and if there is anytype of fundraiser going on to help out the family please let me know...I have plenty of clothes for a 2yr old boy, also I would like to do a drive at work to get some items for the family. If anyone has any info can you please post.

Thanks
Kim
Knoxville

“Did it on em'”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#17 Feb 6, 2007
Retha wrote:
The Red Cross is accepting donations to help the family. Donations of clothes are also being accepted. Anyone that can help, please do so, even if it just a prayer for them.
Thanks
This is what I needed!

Kim
Knoxville
james johnson

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Feb 6, 2007
I will pray for the family.
Michelle

Knoxville, TN

#19 Feb 6, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. My heart goes out to them.
Brian

United States

#20 Feb 6, 2007
This family is a very loving family. They are good people and I know they will appreciate your prayers and condolences. Thank you all and please keep them in your prayers. No one can begin to imagine the road they face.

ARA

Since: Jan 07

Knoxville

#21 Feb 6, 2007
My heart goes out to the family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 8 min Ghost of Stacey M... 363
UT athletics photographer on paid leave 22 min Ansel Adams 1
News Crime 34 mins ago 12:20 p.m.Former KPD patrolma... 3 hr Gentleman Dan Cal... 6
Wanda Leftrick 7 hr cat fan 2
Is UTK putting students in danger by being open... 14 hr Problem Solving 5
Welfare Recipients Are Paid More Than Minimum W... 15 hr Sam 46
News Knoxville petition created to remove confederat... 16 hr JimmyMcJimface 65

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages