Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
PS Here

Ooltewah, TN

#2 Aug 7, 2011
SorryAss wrote:
What is the best way to still pain pills? I don't want to be like the former nurse who got her license revoked for stealing pain pills. I don't want to get caught. Unfortunately, I don't have any relatives or friends dying of cancer so I don't really have anyone to steal from.
HAHA...real funny. Actually I turned myself in. And I am still and always will be a nurse. Just presently don't have an active license. But that will all get cleared up. I am not worried a bit about it. All things happen for a reason and I have no doubt this is no different. Now, if you are finished being rude and obnoxious why don't you go to a meeting and tell them what you posted on here. I'm sure they will quickly inform you that being "clean" is only a matter of not abusing drugs. Being in recovery is a change of life that includes not acting like you have just done. Shame on you.
St Marys nurse

Madisonville, TN

#3 Aug 7, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA...real funny. Actually I turned myself in. And I am still and always will be a nurse. Just presently don't have an active license. But that will all get cleared up. I am not worried a bit about it. All things happen for a reason and I have no doubt this is no different. Now, if you are finished being rude and obnoxious why don't you go to a meeting and tell them what you posted on here. I'm sure they will quickly inform you that being "clean" is only a matter of not abusing drugs. Being in recovery is a change of life that includes not acting like you have just done. Shame on you.
No, actually you arent a nurse. You could be a nurses aid if they keep you away from all the meds. Probably too big a risk, so I dont see any hospital hiring you, so no, you arent a nurse either. You are an addict that lost two licenses for stealing, addiction and ethics violations. Theres also more to the "I turned my self in" thing. You didnt just wake up one day and decide to do that.
PS Here

Ooltewah, TN

#4 Aug 7, 2011
St Marys nurse wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually you arent a nurse. You could be a nurses aid if they keep you away from all the meds. Probably too big a risk, so I dont see any hospital hiring you, so no, you arent a nurse either. You are an addict that lost two licenses for stealing, addiction and ethics violations. Theres also more to the "I turned my self in" thing. You didnt just wake up one day and decide to do that.
If you are truly a nurse at St. Mary's then do you know how MANY nurses that work around you are in recovery?? Are you also judging THEM by saying they are too big of a risk to work around medications?? By saying that you would also be saying that a pharmacist or doctor that is in recovery would be too big of a risk to be around medications. I am a RECOVERING addict...have been for over 7 years. What happened to me was over SEVEN years ago. And because of a mistake made by an incompetent person I am where I am at today. I stood up for myself when this person made the mistake and chose to have my license turned over to the BON to fight it. There is ALWAYS more to any story but what happened to me is long past. Did I wake up one morning and decide to turn myself in...no. It was something that I had to process and be ready to do. But when I was ready I did turn myself in. Relapse is always a possibility with any medical professional in recovery. So all those nurses you work with are at risk...if they don't do what is recommended for a recovering person. Are you labeling them too?? And all the pharmacists and doctors too?? Because I am just paying the consequences I am labeled. So be it. I know who I am and what I have fought for the past seven years. And it's something I will continue to fight. People want to bury their heads in the sand and not educate themselves on the reality of addiction in the medical professional...they are EVERYWHERE. I just happen to be one that doesn't care who knows about me because I want education on the subject. ALL medical professionals should be taught about addiction. Was that part of your curriculum or was it just barely brushed over?? If it was anything like the curriculum I taught for several years it was either severely lacking or non-existent.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly a nurse at St. Mary's then do you know how MANY nurses that work around you are in recovery?? Are you also judging THEM by saying they are too big of a risk to work around medications?? By saying that you would also be saying that a pharmacist or doctor that is in recovery would be too big of a risk to be around medications. I am a RECOVERING addict...have been for over 7 years. What happened to me was over SEVEN years ago. And because of a mistake made by an incompetent person I am where I am at today. I stood up for myself when this person made the mistake and chose to have my license turned over to the BON to fight it. There is ALWAYS more to any story but what happened to me is long past. Did I wake up one morning and decide to turn myself in...no. It was something that I had to process and be ready to do. But when I was ready I did turn myself in. Relapse is always a possibility with any medical professional in recovery. So all those nurses you work with are at risk...if they don't do what is recommended for a recovering person. Are you labeling them too?? And all the pharmacists and doctors too?? Because I am just paying the consequences I am labeled. So be it. I know who I am and what I have fought for the past seven years. And it's something I will continue to fight. People want to bury their heads in the sand and not educate themselves on the reality of addiction in the medical professional...they are EVERYWHERE. I just happen to be one that doesn't care who knows about me because I want education on the subject. ALL medical professionals should be taught about addiction. Was that part of your curriculum or was it just barely brushed over?? If it was anything like the curriculum I taught for several years it was either severely lacking or non-existent.
I do not know your story,but is sounds like,you,in the above statement,are blaming someone else for your troubles.
If your troubles,are connected to your addiction,the only person responsible is you.
Becoming a addict may or may not be a choice,but continuing the addiction/abuse is.
I am by far no angel,but I knew/know everything I have done/will do,is on me.
Perhaps I have the facts wrong,but why on earth are you involved(pain clinic) with drugs,that you had let control your life?
An alcoholic would never succeed in a bar.
Those pills are indeed addictive in a big way.

My lack of insurance places me in a position,of having to deal with pain on my own.
Last week I threw my lower spine out(old injury).
By the evening,after working with the vertebra out of alignment,and causing other damage,I spent the night laying on the floor.
I could not walk,or crawl.
I ate a hydro-condone like it was candy.
The pills are left over from some dental work in 2006.

The very next day I was jonesing for more.
I was indeed,in the worst pain,I have ever felt in my life.
A week later I am still jonesing for another pill.

I still have some pain,sometimes so much my knees buckle.
I will not take another unless I hurt myself again.
And only if I am in very intense pain.

I am not telling you this for sympathy.
I hope you stay clean.
My uninformed/unqualified opinion,is that you need a change in occupation/location.
I wish you success.
Why do you care what anyone on Topix says,in a negative way.
No here,has to walk your path,or can get in your way.

St Marys nurse

Madisonville, TN

#6 Aug 8, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
You labeled yourself. Don't blame the training, you knew about addiction. Maybe your daughter should blame you for not teaching her about addiction. No there aren't as many in "recovery" as you want people to believe. You are a sad exception and not the rule and yes I do NOT think addicts should be allowed access to drugs. Stop sounding like a martyr and go get a career away from the pills.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#7 Aug 8, 2011
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know your story,but is sounds like,you,in the above statement,are blaming someone else for your troubles.
If your troubles,are connected to your addiction,the only person responsible is you.
Becoming a addict may or may not be a choice,but continuing the addiction/abuse is.
Perhaps I have the facts wrong,but why on earth are you involved(pain clinic) with drugs,that you had let control your life?
My lack of insurance places me in a position,of having to deal with pain on my own.
By the evening,after working with the vertebra out of alignment,and causing other damage,I spent the night laying on the floor.
I hope you stay clean.
My uninformed/unqualified opinion,is that you need a change in occupation/location.
I wish you success.
You are a person I have noticed on here who certainly goes by his name. I appreciate your input when I see it. What I am going to say is not to "defend myself." I truly don't mind someone knowing my story. I have told it before at speaker meetings and if it helps one person on here then it is worth it.

I truly am not blaming my addiction on anyone. That was my problem and my fault completely. I have gone to meetings and sponsored new nurses in recovery since I went through treatment in 2004. June 14, 2004...the day I realized I would die if I didn't get help. In 2009 I had my 3rd back surgery and it was a difficult one for the surgeon...8 hours. He told me from the start that even with my history my recovery from the surgery would be 4-8 months. He monitored me closely, as well as my family. I stopped them myself after 3 1/2 months. My pain was tolerable at that time with ibuprofen so it was time. Thankfully there was no jonesing for them. Because I was still being monitored by the state I had to see an addictionologist before I would be allowed to use my license again. The addictionologist report was what was wrong...it read like he was writing about someone else. I didn't read it until 8 months after so I had no clue why his recommendation was another treatment, in Alabama or Mississippi, for 3-4 months. "They" who monitored me would not tell me what the report said...only the recommendation and if I did not comply they would turn me over to the board. I knew where I was and how I had fought during my surgical recovery. My physician knew I did not want to be on them but also knew what he had done inside me. I was back at meetings after all of my surgeries as soon as I was physically able to get there and went to as many as I could during that time. I had support all around me. When they said treatment and I knew where I was I told them no. I understood they would turn my license over to the board and was willing to stand up for myself, which I learned in treatment is a good thing to do.
That is why I am where I am at today. I am OK with what is happening because there are other issues at stake.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#8 Aug 8, 2011
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you stay clean.
I wish you success.
Of course it is recommended that an alcoholic not work as a bartender. But that is a completely different situation from being a medical professional. There are few ways to avoid being around drugs. A recovering pharmacist is around them when they work in a pharmacy. Doctors in recovery write prescriptions for them. Pain management...I chose this area because I understand chronic pain and as a physician said in a pain management article I read recently, "I felt right from the beginning one had to know both disciplines (addiction and chronic pain) to do effective chronic pain management." That is why I do what I do. There are no pills in this office and there never will be so I am not around them. Writing a prescription for someone in pain is doing my job (when I could). Pain medication is just that...medication for pain. It is not a means of escape as it was when I was in active addiction. There are so many people that have no other option to control their pain except medication. I a not going to go on from there because I know you have probably read some of my posts about people without insurance, etc, so I will stop now and spare you the rest. I feel very strong about my fight to have a decent legit clinic and so far so good. It's not perfect but we do everything we can to make sure we have legit patients. People can take it or leave it...it is up to them.

I continue meetings and sponsorship...it is what keeps my recovery strong.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#9 Aug 8, 2011
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you stay clean.
I wish you success.
Oh and lastly...I am so sorry for how you suffer...I will keep you in my prayers.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#10 Aug 8, 2011
St Marys nurse wrote:
<quoted text>You labeled yourself. Don't blame the training, you knew about addiction. Maybe your daughter should blame you for not teaching her about addiction. No there aren't as many in "recovery" as you want people to believe. You are a sad exception and not the rule and yes I do NOT think addicts should be allowed access to drugs. Stop sounding like a martyr and go get a career away from the pills.
No, actually, I did NOT understand about addiction. I had NO CLUE where it could take a person prior to being there. And as far as blame, noone can blame anyone else for their addiction but themselves. My daughter does not "blame" me as she understands it was her life and she takes responsibility for it. LOL...do you know that TNPAP monitors almost 400 nurses on this state only?? And that's only the ones that have been caught or turned themselves in. I am by far not alone in where I have been. And thankfully St. Mary's has been very supportive of nurses in recovery. Being in recovery does not make a person a bad nurse, or pharmacist or doctor. If they do what is recommended (meetings, sponsorship etc) it can actually make them a better nurse and a more trustworthy one. Of course you will not understand all that because as I said, people are burying their heads in the sand rather than educating themselves about it.
Allen Johnson

Madisonville, TN

#11 Aug 8, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and lastly...I am so sorry for how you suffer...I will keep you in my prayers.
Do you use as many curse words in your prayers as you do here?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 8, 2011
DAMM,This is 4 the poster LOGIC,please ,,,you hurt your back,and you have taken some pills you had around from 2006,and your back pain is still in pain and its very intense,pain,,and you are up set at P,S hear,4 opean up a pain-clnic.THIS LADDY.CAN and is a Medical professional,and i am not under her care,and have nothing to gane from takeing the time out of my day 4 stand along side her,and telling you all that do not like her or her place to eat my grits,,,,now back to you logic, go see your doctor and get a MRI ,,,,have the surgery,that will cost you about$18,000.i have over $300,000 in doctors bills and my meds last year was over $21,000.TRY to find a pain center that has NO WATEING LIST MOST ARE 20 ,WEEKS WATEING LIST,AND HAVE some more spine shots $2,100 each,then you lose your JOB HOME WIFE,.,,REMBER THE BILLS ARE GROWING,and your back is out you can not even wipe your own ass because of your back pain.and so on,the PEOPLE OF EAST TENNESSE,are in need of more medical professionals like our NURSE,THAT EACH day/night you stay awake trying to think of new ways to attack her well .she has the insite what chronic PAIN,is and new ways to find some help with thease type of injurys.and you want her to change her occupation.because she might have a relaps from takeing a pill......take a good look at your self.and rember those pills you had from 2006 are gone now but your back is still out of wack,,,,,,,back pain should be put in the same place as cancer PAIN,chronic back pain,i have fighting this sever pain since 1999,when i broke my back,and the people today that can not get a doctor to help them is a damm shame,
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#13 Aug 8, 2011
Tony soprano 1 wrote:
DAMM,This is 4 the poster LOGIC,please ,,,you hurt your back,and you have taken some pills you had around from 2006,and your back pain is still in pain and its very intense,pain,,and you are up set at P,S hear,4 opean up a pain-clnic.THIS LADDY.CAN and is a Medical professional,and i am not under her care,and have nothing to gane from takeing the time out of my day 4 stand along side her,and telling you all that do not like her or her place to eat my grits,,,,now back to you logic, go see your doctor and get a MRI ,,,,have the surgery,that will cost you about$18,000.i have over $300,000 in doctors bills and my meds last year was over $21,000.TRY to find a pain center that has NO WATEING LIST MOST ARE 20 ,WEEKS WATEING LIST,AND HAVE some more spine shots $2,100 each,then you lose your JOB HOME WIFE,.,,REMBER THE BILLS ARE GROWING,and your back is out you can not even wipe your own ass because of your back pain.and so on,the PEOPLE OF EAST TENNESSE,are in need of more medical professionals like our NURSE,THAT EACH day/night you stay awake trying to think of new ways to attack her well .she has the insite what chronic PAIN,is and new ways to find some help with thease type of injurys.and you want her to change her occupation.because she might have a relaps from takeing a pill......take a good look at your self.and rember those pills you had from 2006 are gone now but your back is still out of wack,,,,,,,back pain should be put in the same place as cancer PAIN,chronic back pain,i have fighting this sever pain since 1999,when i broke my back,and the people today that can not get a doctor to help them is a damm shame,
You are right Tony, it is a damn shame that people can't get the proper care they need. I was just reading Tennessee's Opiate Prescribing Policies and it says "Opiates can be an accepted treatment for patients with severe chronic intractable pain who have not obtained relief from any other means of treatment."

But then it does go on to say "A person with severe chronic intractable pain has the option to request the use of any or all modalities to relieve such patient's severe chronic intractable pain."

So anyone has the right to refuse treatment. It is a quality of life issue with most of them. But there are some people in recovery that it would be a danger to as far as risking relapse. A person can take medication as directed but when they start abusing it thus the problem begins.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#14 Aug 8, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Do you use as many curse words in your prayers as you do here?
Actually Allen....I HAVE sweared at God before. A long time ago when I was in active addiction. But what I know is He does forgive and knows whats in my heart as no other would.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#15 Aug 8, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Do you use as many curse words in your prayers as you do here?
Actually Allen, I HAVE sworn a God before, a long time ago when I was in active addiction. But I also know he forgives and knows whats in my heart like no other.
Allen Johnson

Madisonville, TN

#16 Aug 8, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Allen, I HAVE sworn a God before, a long time ago when I was in active addiction. But I also know he forgives and knows whats in my heart like no other.
You mean like the swearing you do on Topix?
Allen Johnson

Madisonville, TN

#17 Aug 8, 2011
Curse like a sailor one minute then posts about praying. Hypocrite.
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#18 Aug 8, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
Curse like a sailor one minute then posts about praying. Hypocrite.
A person can cuss and still believe in God AJ...the second commandment says to not use the Lords name in vain...which I don't ever do. But you will continue to say negative things because that is how you are...have a good day.
Allen Johnson

Madisonville, TN

#19 Aug 8, 2011
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can cuss and still believe in God AJ...the second commandment says to not use the Lords name in vain...which I don't ever do. But you will continue to say negative things because that is how you are...have a good day.
Ha, really? So you feel ok about swearing in church then? Careful with the answer, you sound more stupid with each post (if that's even possible).
PS Here

Redmond, OR

#21 Aug 8, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Ha, really? So you feel ok about swearing in church then? Careful with the answer, you sound more stupid with each post (if that's even possible).
No matter what I say you will find something wrong with it. Go play your games with someone else. I'm not going to play your games.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#22 Aug 8, 2011
Tony soprano 1 wrote:
I am not upset with her in the least.
I do believe that once you fall into addiction,and choose to continue the addiction,that one should not be near any drugs in their profession.
Addiction may also cloud ones ability to see the facts of the moment clearly.

I also wrote that I took ONE hydro-condone pill.
Yes I still have issues with my back.
NO,I will not allow anyone to cut on me,until the point,that I can not walk/crawl.
When it comes to pain I am perhaps tougher than most.
That is why I have pills left from 2006.

I do know that after only one pill,I was jonesing for more.
That is how powerfully addicting the pills are.
When the ONE pill kicked in,I still felt intense pain,but I was doped up,and it didn't matter.
The flood of "stoned" felt good,,,too good.
And it did nothing to cure the problem.
Which is exactly why I see pain management,without curative treatment as unhelpful,and perhaps even spreading addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
million women marches 2 hr ThomasA 16
pain 4 hr Chasity 2
News Knoxville College president explains school's l... (Jun '14) 7 hr JustUs 9
Tanning Bed for sale! (Sep '10) 8 hr Bridgette Goins 7
News Prominent Southern Bapist minister survives ous... (Oct '07) 8 hr Lucy Fur 66
Where's all the good single men over 40? (Apr '15) 8 hr LadyR 36
gray haired lesbians 9 hr Donald Trump 1

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages