Pain Management general discussion

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
iamabackdoc

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 4, 2013
I am available to answer general questions regarding pain management in Tennessee. Many of you express frustration about why things are the way they are. I hope to help you understand a bit better.

I will not answer medication questions or be baited into arguing with certain ignorant posters who have an agenda to promote.
iamabackdoc

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 4, 2013
Earl you bring up a valid point. Somewhere along the line many Americans began to handle their healthcare like being hungry. It is easier, quicker and relatively cheap to go to McDonalds for dinner. At first it wasn't a bad thing because we didn't go everyday and supersize the meal. Now we do and obesity, diabetes and heart disease skyrocketing.
Clawed Balls

Knoxville, TN

#7 Nov 4, 2013
iamabackdoc wrote:
Earl you bring up a valid point. Somewhere along the line many Americans began to handle their healthcare like being hungry. It is easier, quicker and relatively cheap to go to McDonalds for dinner. At first it wasn't a bad thing because we didn't go everyday and supersize the meal. Now we do and obesity, diabetes and heart disease skyrocketing.
Shut the fcuk up you idiot. Earlier you were going to practice internet medicine and now you somehow realize the downfall. You're no physician and certainly if you are in healthcare you're a quack.
iamabackdoc

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 5, 2013
The first point is to understand the whole concept of well being vs disease with the focus on painful conditions and how pain managements fits in the treatment options.

Pain is a symptom of an underlying problem. Do you know what the problem is? Knowing the underlying pathology which causes the pain is vital in getting proper care.

How long have you had the pain?

What tests have you had to determine the severity of the problem?

What treatments have you had?

These are basic things that you should know.
iamabackdoc

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 5, 2013
Pain developes for a reason. It is often the bodies first warning signal something is wrong. A lot of the time you had other warning signals but ignored them. Stiffness in the joint or tense muscles are often noticed and we say "I just overdid it, I'll be ok". No big deal.

Other times we have an accident and we say "I just stained by neck" or "banged my knee" and follow that up with "I'll be ok". You didn't break a bone right? No surgery needed? You must be fine!

How many times have we felt these aches and pains and say these things through our early years?
Freedom

United States

#11 Nov 7, 2013
my big fanny hurts, can you help me? I was attacked by a very aggressive sheep! And my camel keeps biting me everywhere. I have big bite marks on all of my cheeks! My tunic is threadbare! Please help!
The truth

Kingston, TN

#12 Nov 8, 2013
Nobody ever died from pain.
Iamadoc

Knoxville, TN

#13 Jul 30, 2014
State of TN Certified Pain Clinics can be found on the Dept of Healths website.
Uradick

Loudon, TN

#14 Jul 31, 2014
Iamadoc wrote:
State of TN Certified Pain Clinics can be found on the Dept of Healths website.
Yes you are.
Iamadoc

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 28, 2014
Iamadoc

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 28, 2014
The truth wrote:
Nobody ever died from pain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16420727

Perhaps. Perhaps not.
HELP

Lenoir City, TN

#18 Nov 29, 2014
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions people may have about pain management. There are a bunch out there that just dont understand how hard it can be to live with pain so bad you can barely walk without leaning against something like a buggy or you cant mop the floor because when you stay bent over for a few mins trying to you fall over trying to stand up straight because the pain is so bad.. or you cant even stand at the sink washing dishes.. These are all every day things people take for granted.. I wish I could pack up and take a day trip to dollywood with my son without worrying about how I will walk it.. or if its worth going cause ill have to stop too much to sit and rest my back.. or how I would love to play baseball with him and run bases and run after the ball.. but cant.. and that hurts you mentally and emotionally also.. DEPRESSION is bad with me. mostly because I want to be able to do these things.. and especially do them without worrying about taking meds that may work for a couple hours then you repeat it all over again.
Iamadoc

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 30, 2014
HELP wrote:
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions people may have about pain management. There are a bunch out there that just dont understand how hard it can be to live with pain so bad you can barely walk without leaning against something like a buggy or you cant mop the floor because when you stay bent over for a few mins trying to you fall over trying to stand up straight because the pain is so bad.. or you cant even stand at the sink washing dishes.. These are all every day things people take for granted.. I wish I could pack up and take a day trip to dollywood with my son without worrying about how I will walk it.. or if its worth going cause ill have to stop too much to sit and rest my back.. or how I would love to play baseball with him and run bases and run after the ball.. but cant.. and that hurts you mentally and emotionally also.. DEPRESSION is bad with me. mostly because I want to be able to do these things.. and especially do them without worrying about taking meds that may work for a couple hours then you repeat it all over again.
It is great you recognize what is called a co morbid condition(depression). Just as being obese or smoking adds to patients pain, depression and pain can work off each other. It is important you speak to your pain doc about your depression and work together on a solution. Your pain level will likely improve and therefore your ability to do more should. That is what it is all about. Improving function.
grimy phoxx

Clinton, TN

#20 Nov 30, 2014
Iamadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
It is great you recognize what is called a co morbid condition(depression). Just as being obese or smoking adds to patients pain, depression and pain can work off each other. It is important you speak to your pain doc about your depression and work together on a solution. Your pain level will likely improve and therefore your ability to do more should. That is what it is all about. Improving function.
sick of the crying take your pill and go to sleep cuz i got things to do thank you bless ya hart.......
donttrustgov

Knoxville, TN

#21 Nov 30, 2014
Pill heads need jail time and hard labor...get a life junkies...grandmas a crook too for letting you sell her pain meds. Go to church
Conehead

Knoxville, TN

#22 Nov 30, 2014
So you trust the government to decide what drugs you may take and what drugs you may not take. It's a good thing we don't have the FREEDOM to decide such things for ourselves. Don't you just feel safe and secure in the loving embrace of government employees?
Clawed Balls

United States

#23 Dec 1, 2014
Conehead wrote:
So you trust the government to decide what drugs you may take and what drugs you may not take. It's a good thing we don't have the FREEDOM to decide such things for ourselves. Don't you just feel safe and secure in the loving embrace of government employees?
ANYBODY is better trusted than dumba$s junkies in a pill mill.
Iamadoc

Knoxville, TN

#24 Dec 1, 2014
For those of you who have loved ones you know are abusing opioid medication. Please call their family doctor and their pain management doctor and give them the details.

Also there is a medication called Naloxone which can be prescribed to have on hand in case of an overdose. The newest version is a simple to use device called EVZIO. If a patient is at risk this can be prescribed as a rescue treatment. It may save a life,
hippy

Knoxville, TN

#25 Dec 2, 2014
glad some folks are taking up pain patients, would love to you in my pain management group, would we can actually post helpful info for folks.

https://groups.google.com/forum/ #!forum/pain-management-east-t n
hippy

Knoxville, TN

#26 Dec 2, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police searching for stabbing suspect on Third ... 2 hr Zeppelin 1
trike my bike???? 2 hr birdiemiller 3
Where's all the good single men over 40? 6 hr sean 16
God in Quantum Mechanics? 11 hr Secular Humanist 1
paula dishman 14 hr mark1160 1
Mouse's Ear (Sep '10) 14 hr mark1160 92
as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be (Mar '14) 21 hr Secular Humanist 33
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]