Radio Man

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2010
Looks like the end is drawing near for that no talent Phil Williams and Hallerin Hill. It can't come quickly enough with the way Hill constantly repeats everything he says.

They're off doing their own thing on some 8000 watt station with half the listening area they used to have before Citadel went bankrupt and couldn't afford higher wattage.

It was so nice to turn on 100,000 watts this morning and hear a new local news/talk station. Good luck to Pirkle and Brantley. I don't know why they took Dave Hooker but he'll eventually wear out his welcome. Overall, this is a great thing and I hope they kick ass.
Question

Harlan, KY

#2 Aug 2, 2010
Does anyone know if the new station has a website or a link to their schedule of programming? Can't pick up 98.7 where I am.
Question

Harlan, KY

#3 Aug 3, 2010
I found them on Facebook, they are listed as WNOX News Talk 100.3 and the current lineup is:

Ed Brantley & Bob Thomas 6-10a
Neal Boortz 10-12p
Dave Ramsey 12-3p
Dave Hooker & Terry Fair 3-6p
Michael Savage 6-9p
Info Overload Hour 9-10p
Laura Ingraham 10-1a
Coast to Coast AM 1-5a
Question

Harlan, KY

#4 Aug 4, 2010
It looks like they have a website up and running now:
http://www.wnoxfm.com/landing/
Relieved at the change

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Aug 15, 2010
WNOX was such a crappy station for so long. Poor management, awful production, replacing decent shows with poor shows, and of course the overkill of their two local "stars" Hallerin (who is on for waaay too long every day) and Phil (who is just plain annoying).
Unfortunately, the station was the only news/talk station I could pick up around where I live. I thought that after the move to 98.7, I would simply have no station to listen to, even the crappy WNOX.
What a relief it was to turn on 100.3 the other day and hear Michael Savage! Finally we have a decent news/talk station!
hear me

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Aug 15, 2010
I love Michael Savage! And I love Coast to coast !!!
long-time Knoxvillian

United States

#7 Sep 2, 2010
Congratuations to you, Ed and Bob, on your new program - a refreshing alternative to the tired old local talk shows like HHH's monotonous drivel. Let's hear some old Cas Walker stories. Also, whatever happened to the Butcher brothers?
Hallerin Hill

Hermitage, TN

#8 Sep 11, 2010
Well, when Iwas a young man my father called me over and said, "Son. it doesn't matter what people say about you as long as your excellence outweighs your disparity"
It doesn't matter what people say about you as long as your excellence outweighs your disparity.
It took me a few years but one day as I was speaking to a group of people who diagreed with my position on a particular subject, I realized what my father, a simple man who was full of exquisite wisdom had told me. And as I continue to talk with these people......it occured to me (as I was admiring the sound of my own voice) that my father, the man who raised all us kids in an ara where african americans where looked at with disdain and predjudice, that indeed, it doesn't matter what people say about you as long as your excellence outweighs your disparity.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah...
gpayne

Calhoun, GA

#9 Jun 2, 2013
Where is coast to coast now?
micky cohen

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jun 19, 2013
gpayne wrote:
Where is coast to coast now?
according to c2c website, the program is on 850 am in knoxville now, and still 100.3 in oak ridge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No nobel prize for Trump, Summit cancelled 2 hr wowed 15
Massage parlor next to papa Murphy's pizza (Sep '15) 3 hr Mark talon 55
Homeowners Association 6 hr Been There 34
Lyndsey Stagner Thu dazedandconfussed 16
Parkridge Historic Zoning dead at City Coincil Thu Historic Dictators 5
Someone has to know! Thu Smitten 6
News Suspect Wanted in Two Armed Robberies Thu Uncle Tom 2

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages