KCSO identifies man killed in exchang...

KCSO identifies man killed in exchange of gunfire that wounded deputy

There are 11 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Jun 21, 2013, titled KCSO identifies man killed in exchange of gunfire that wounded deputy. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

The suspect who was killed Thursday in an exchange of gunfire during a standoff that wounded a Knox County sheriff's deputy has been identified as Jordan Camp, 21. Camp was wanted on three outstanding warrants of aggravated assault, leaving the scene of an accident and violation of probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Sad

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jun 21, 2013
What's really sad about this situation is that this supposed altercation with the boy who got cut was actually old drug buddies trying to get back at Jordan who had been clean for 8 months. He was trying to get back on the right track, and it all ended in tragedy. I hope "someone" looks closely into the situation with these guys. It's a shame that a person can't get clean without having to look over his shoulder for fear of retaliation from drug dealers!!
Sad

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Sad wrote:
What's really sad about this situation is that this supposed altercation with the boy who got cut was actually old drug buddies trying to get back at Jordan who had been clean for 8 months. He was trying to get back on the right track, and it all ended in tragedy. I hope "someone" looks closely into the situation with these guys. It's a shame that a person can't get clean without having to look over his shoulder for fear of retaliation from drug dealers!!
Btw....looking at the news report....Wesley Gunn is the one that went up to Camp's car to "talk" to him. Now google Wesley Gunn's name in Knoxville, TN. He shows up several times on "Mugshots". Hmmm....maybe there is a lot more to this story that what we are hearing on the news. ALL of the charges named stemmed from that one car accident. Putting myself in his place, and knowing his old drug buddies were after him, I would defend myself even though that would break my probation and lead to assault charges. I would probably also run in fear, which would involve leaving the scene of an accident. All of this lead to a tragedy.
Sad

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw....looking at the news report....Wesley Gunn is the one that went up to Camp's car to "talk" to him. Now google Wesley Gunn's name in Knoxville, TN. He shows up several times on "Mugshots". Hmmm....maybe there is a lot more to this story that what we are hearing on the news. ALL of the charges named stemmed from that one car accident. Putting myself in his place, and knowing his old drug buddies were after him, I would defend myself even though that would break my probation and lead to assault charges. I would probably also run in fear, which would involve leaving the scene of an accident. All of this lead to a tragedy.
Sorry for the typo....more to this story that we AREN'T hearing on the news...
Indian Head Nickel

Lenoir City, TN

#4 Jun 24, 2013
Did anyone else read that the boy was in the back bedroom with a gun and didn't shoot the officer...it was a ricochet from one of the other officers. They fired 47 rounds in that trailer! Very bad ending for a young man who needed some positive guidance in his life and obviously did not get it.
Sad

Monroe, NC

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Earl Keese V wrote:
STFU.
don't even get on here spinning some sad story about this little criminal bstrd.
he got exactly what he deserved.
positive guidance my azz.
i guess he thought the cops chasing him were more of his drug buddies coming to get him ???
He was a scared 21 year old!! Do you have children?? What if he was your child?? He had been clean for EIGHT months, and was finally getting back on track. He didn't want to go back to jail...even if it meant losing his life. A 21 year old scared of going back to jail....now why would that be...could it be due to what happened to him while he was in there?
His OLD drug buddies were the ones that caused the traffic violation!! Pissed because he was no longer a part of their "crew". If you go back and read all of the info on him, you'll see his prior run ins with the law were minor! His experience in jail terrified him. He was willing to kill himself or be killed rather than go back. He was slaughtered in that room with 47 rounds!! FORTY SEVEN!!! THAT is what is bullsh..!!!!
Sad

Monroe, NC

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Earl Keese V wrote:
STFU.
don't even get on here spinning some sad story about this little criminal bstrd.
he got exactly what he deserved.
positive guidance my azz.
i guess he thought the cops chasing him were more of his drug buddies coming to get him ???
STFU???? Spinning a sad story????
Honey, the story I shared IS FACT!! Research it.... Find out for yourself!!! You NEED TO before saying "he got what he deserved"!! I have to honestly wonder if you have kids of your own, cause you are cold-hearted!
Mark T

Corryton, TN

#9 Jun 25, 2013
earl'' im drunk and violent again '' hows abouts you and me fight to the death ''''''a death match '' "imahater" "imahater" "imahater" "imahater" "imahater" "imahater" "imahater" "imahater"
Indian Head Nickel

Lenoir City, TN

#11 Jun 25, 2013
It was a terrible ending for the young man. Plain and simple. I feel sorry for you, Earl. As a human, you are heartless, to say the least. As a troll, however .........
Sad

Monroe, NC

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Indian Head Nickel wrote:
It was a terrible ending for the young man. Plain and simple. I feel sorry for you, Earl. As a human, you are heartless, to say the least. As a troll, however .........
I agree with you 100%!! He is heartless, close-minded, and ignorant!
Earl, are you one of his old buddies that was tormenting him?? I have to wonder.....
Sad

Monroe, NC

#15 Jun 25, 2013
Earl Keese V wrote:
you two bleeding heart wimps need to go form a drum circle somewhere.
in the meantime the rest of the law abiding people can breathe easier now knowing that the worthless little criminal is stiff as a board, and beginning the slow steady rot of decomposition that he deserves.
now that's some dang positive guidance !!!
WOW!!! You are a real NUT CASE!!! The world would be a much better place if you were the one rotting rather than him. You need to have your head examined!
IamME

San Francisco, CA

#17 Jul 3, 2013
I am glad that others are seeing the situation in the real light. Jordan did not provoke this event. Jordan did not deserve what happened to him. I know this to be a fact. Thank you to those of you who don't believe everything you read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 2 hr SnarkyMcD 237
News Knoxville tops list of high gas prices in Tenne... 4 hr ElDiablo 9
Knox County's 24 hour arrest and inmat populat... (Oct '12) 12 hr Hump Hammer 7
Married people who Cheat 18 hr Myth 7
DCS, Youth Villages, and others lie in court. (Apr '11) Fri Fedupwithkidsforcash 34
News TBI investigates missing records at Lenoir City... (Jan '11) Fri AIPAC is treason 116
Springfield tn police dept. (Jul '13) Fri etaylor1012 20

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages