holly

United States

#77439 Apr 28, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,)W. No, had some Krystals a couple of hours ago and am full as a tick.Oh, I don't cook. The esposa is a gourmet cook but she didn't feel like cooking tonight.
Vet, I've been reading this thread for while now and I usually don't agree with you, but I respect your opinions. It's nice that people can have a lively discussion on here without getting too hateful. Anyway, when you said you had some Krystals, I felt an immediate bond. No one in my family or circle of friends like Krystals, in fact they hate them. I don't know of anyone in town who lioves Krystals as much as I do. So next time you go, call me. We'll eat a bagful and talk about politics, politely of course!
galturd

Pittsburgh, PA

#77440 Apr 28, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
excuse of a Bigot,,just vote G Bush
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77441 Apr 28, 2013
Tired wrote:
I wonder what impact, if any, these tragedies in foreign sweat-shops making products for US companies will have.
None...unless and until the consumer decides the companies selling thos goods here should be punished for those conditions and withholds their dollars by not buying their products.
No matter what Mitt said, corporations are not people and they exist for one purpose, to make money for their owners, the shareholders. The ONLY thing that changes corporate behavior is money or the lack thereof.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77443 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess everyone is selectively forgetting the wonderful Jimmy Carter years.
I haven't forgotten ! I started a business in those Carter years....I had a home loan, a business property loan, a couple of operating loans and that isn't all ! The average interest rate on those was something like 16%, and the total was not an insubstantial number, even by today's standards. I should have been scared stiff, but I was young and foolish.
I got lucky and worked my tail off too.
I could write a long paragraph on what the Reagan policies did TO me, but I won't bore you "Pete". Suffice to say that after one Reagan term, I had had enough of Reagan and the Republicans. I... a staunch supporter of Nixon, only voted for a Republican Presidential candidate one more time since.....and with the right-wing candidates they insist on nominating, I see little chance that will happen again anytime soon.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#77444 Apr 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't forgotten ! I started a business in those Carter years....I had a home loan, a business property loan, a couple of operating loans and that isn't all ! The average interest rate on those was something like 16%, and the total was not an insubstantial number, even by today's standards. I should have been scared stiff, but I was young and foolish.
I got lucky and worked my tail off too.
I could write a long paragraph on what the Reagan policies did TO me, but I won't bore you "Pete". Suffice to say that after one Reagan term, I had had enough of Reagan and the Republicans. I... a staunch supporter of Nixon, only voted for a Republican Presidential candidate one more time since.....and with the right-wing candidates they insist on nominating, I see little chance that will happen again anytime soon.
Hi OT. I can't imagine having to start or run a business with those high interest rates. Kudos to you for your success even with those hurdles. I will pass on commenting on the Reagan policies because I did that in an earlier post, but we will simply have to disagree on that one. Hope you have a good day!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77445 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Duh, I just told you why in my previous Posts...in detail! If you think I'm going to keep repeating it , just because you wouldn't read it the first time, you're NUTS!
Let me explain something to you, Bubba...if you're going to participate in a conversation, you HAVE to listen to what the Other People are saying...in this case, posting! If you don't, your comments come across as really stupid! In real Life, that's when everybody gets really quiet. Ever notice that happening when you're talking to people in a Real Life conversation? I'll bet you have, but I'll also bet you didn't have a clue why, because again, you were daydreaming and not paying attention to what anybody else was saying, but you decided to chime in, anyway. Stopped the conversation dead in it's tracks, didn't it? Want me to tell you what they were thinking, but not saying? I'll betcha, it was something along the lines of, "He didn't just say that...DID HE"?
NO your are blaming the consevatives and anybody but the liberal democrats for temp service. I just set you straight.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77446 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Dude, I've never worked for a Temp Service in my life and I would not work for one. But, I did work for a Company that hired a Temp Company to take Applications, Interview, and do the Drug Test,(which was a joke compared to real Drug Tests), for the Company, instead of the Company doing it, themselves.
Second of all, Workers Comp is actually an Insurance Policy for the Company, in case a Worker gets hurt, the Company doesn't have to pay the Liabilty Claim. So, unless it's changed since I retired , which I doubt, neither one has to have Workmans' Comp, but they're taking a heck of a chance if they don't and opening themselves up to major Liability Payments out of Pocket, if one of their workers gets hurt on the job.
The only reason the Temp company has it is for the Ones who work for them. I guarantee you that the Employees that actually work FOR the Company, not just AT the Company, are covered by the "Company's" Workers Comp!
When you're hired through a Temporary Service, you actually work FOR the Temporary Service, NOT for the Company! You're paid less than a Company Worker doing the same job...that's how the Temp Service makes it's money...they get the difference in pay. You pick up your check at the Temp Service, not at the Company, like the Company workers do. Just to make a long story short, Every piece of business that a Company Worker takes care of, AT the Company, a Temp Worker takes care of at the Temp Service Office because that is your actual Employer and Everything you have is through them, NOT the Company.
I believe I jsut said that. Your cognitive reasoning are almost nothing.
Rebelle

United States

#77447 Apr 28, 2013
If we don't start doing the right thing for this city, county, state and country things are only going to get much worse. We need to leave party lines behind and focus on what is most important to pull this country out of the financial disaster our politicians have created by selling us off to the highest bidders. The republicans and democrats have sold us out to corporate sponsors. "The JOB CREATORS" are only creating jobs in other countries and while NO ONE should have to suffer or die because they don't have insurance or money. BUT without a public option to help control the cost of health care, the insurance and pharmaceutical industries are still dictating OUR costs to bolster THEIR profits. The last 13 years have taught me how damn stupid people are and it's alarming!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77448 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Temporary Workers and Temporary Worker Agencies have been around for a very long time, in big Cities and they wer all Clerical and Office Workers until Reagan's Years and the Trickle Down Economic Throry change, at whaich time they expanded to the Manufacturing Industry.
Before that, they were usually People who only wanted to work Parttime, without any set schedule or requirement to be there everyday, such as Students, Mothers, etc. who just wanted to earn some extra money, with no committments that a fulltime Job requires , and that wouldn't go against them, when they did seek Fulltime Employment. They could turn it down if they were called on a certain day that they had something else to do, and it wouldn't go against them on their work record because they had that option.
If somebody was going to be off for vacation or because of illness, the employer would call a Temp Service for somebody to fill in for that employee that was going to be off. It might be a day or a couple of weeks, but usually no more than a month, at one Company or Office. and sometimes, it would just be that an Employer might need an extra Person to do something like help with Inventory or something similar, for a day or two...and they would call the Temp Service. Sometimes, a Temp Worker would work 5 different places in 5 days, too. The Temp Worker was totally in control of how much they worked and if they accepted the job that was offered to them, or not. Plus, Temp Workers were paid MORE back then, for the same job than the regular Office worker made that worked for the Company, just because of the inconvience of changing job places all the time and working constantly in unfamiliar surroundings.
But then, when Temp Services went into the Manufacturing Industry and the Rural Areas, it all changed and became what it is today, A Worker rip-off, IMO!
Don't know if the time line (8yrs) is right but yes it was inevitable for companies to hire temps. Please reread my earlier post and try---try to understand it. In a way it was Pres. Reagan's fault. He created an atmosphere in the country where private companies and small businesses could grow. Thus they needed more employees and instead of spending a lot of time hunting for them, they turned to temp services.

Now you are going to see a lot more of this after Obama care becomes full blown in 2014 and of course you and the dem/lib wits will believe it is the business man's fault.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77449 Apr 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Linda,(hope I can use that name, if not just say so)I see you have been going back and forth with the Conservatives, that think one day they too just might become rich like the 2-3%, while in the mean time they are working very very hard........but for some reason........ahh yes those dang Liberal Policy are holding them back.
Might as well jump right in there. Yes the liberal policies are holding the companies back, clear and simple. dem/lib wits
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77450 Apr 28, 2013
Well since Al Jazeera covers all sides of an issue, they along with 9 other TV Channels are being kicked out of Iraq.
So much for "Freedom of the Press".
Iraq......such a waste of American blood and money!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77451 Apr 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I know it's hard for you to grasp, but this law was never supposed to take effect. The result was designed to be SO unpalatable to both parties that neither would allow it to pass. Instead, this hastily designed club or wedge DID become law because congress is frozen in idealogical trench warfare.
Obama COULD have gotten the ability to move money, and with that, the blame for cuts in cancer research, meals on wheels, Headstart, layoffs at military bases etc. and I'm sure you would have loved that....I suspect you would have been one of the first to point that out ! BUT that isn't how the law ended up being written. Congress which created the monster by PASSING the law, and congress deserves the blame.
Ironic isn't it how fast they can pass legislation when it involves themselves and the flying public....but when it comes to meals for old folks.....they need to study that for a few....months, years....maybe decades.
he gets the blame anyway,, he started it. Dirty Hary helped him out. It is going to get worse. we need to cut , cut, cut the budget instead of spend, spend, spend for vacations and such.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77452 Apr 28, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess everyone is selectively forgetting the wonderful Jimmy Carter years.
Yes, Pete and that is where all of this started. He is resposible for starting loans to people who could not pay, among other atrocities. dem/lib wits
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77453 Apr 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> We all know what the theory states, and a lot of us think Bush I was right when he called it "voodoo ecnomics".
The Reagan policies began the decline in wages for middle class Americans that continues to this day, and his "deficits don't matter" when you spend the money on the military, is still Republican boilerplate now.
An adjusted for inflation 4% total wage increase for American workers in 30 YEARS refutes completely your contention that unions were the problem for American businesses.
Wages have been flat, benefits declned, and now families with two incomes are struggling to provide what one income did. While people like you are lamenting the fact that government has had to pick up the slack with social programs, when if real wages had kept up, those workers would NEVER have qualified for those benefits at all. Meanwhile the 1% have seen their wealth holdings skyrocket.
This is the Reagan legacy.....his "gift" to Americans.
Give me a break------God,, how supid are you people. The unions are a big part of todays problems. As far as I am concerned, they are not needed. Ask Nissan employees. Did wages go down. I think Not. I have been in business wince before Reagan and I don't remember lowering my payscale for employees. You stupid dem/lib wits.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77454 Apr 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I know it's hard for you to grasp, but this law was never supposed to take effect. The result was designed to be SO unpalatable to both parties that neither would allow it to pass. Instead, this hastily designed club or wedge DID become law because congress is frozen in idealogical trench warfare.
Obama COULD have gotten the ability to move money, and with that, the blame for cuts in cancer research, meals on wheels, Headstart, layoffs at military bases etc. and I'm sure you would have loved that....I suspect you would have been one of the first to point that out ! BUT that isn't how the law ended up being written. Congress which created the monster by PASSING the law, and congress deserves the blame.
Ironic isn't it how fast they can pass legislation when it involves themselves and the flying public....but when it comes to meals for old folks.....they need to study that for a few....months, years....maybe decades.
P.s. As far as the sequestration not supposed to happen, Obama promised the house (republican control) that if he did not cut the budget the sequestration would happen in hopes that the republicans would get blamed. Well, it backfired dem/lib wit
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77455 Apr 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>OT, the way I see the ACA and the Doctors, is the Doctor yes will be getting less money per patient, BUT that same Doctor will have more patients..........thus more income$$$! That is as simple as I can make it.
Bottom line, at the end of the day when all is said and done, the Doctor will be cleaning up$$$$$!
Yes some Doctors will be crying........but they will be crying all the way to the bank!
The average family practioner makes about $150-200 thousand dollars a year. seeing 40-60 patients a day. Is that your 1%---What about warren, Sorros, Bill Gates, Obama and all his cornies. You dem/lib wits say only the wealthy has insurance. you LIE.Up until OBama Care, only about 30 million people did not have insurance and a large majority of that was ILLEGALS IMMIGRANTS (APPROX. 20 MILLION)

you DEM/LIB WITS are just a bunch of liars for a cause. Other people are beginning to find this out and tune you out.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77456 Apr 28, 2013
Tired wrote:
I wonder what impact, if any, these tragedies in foreign sweat-shops making products for US companies will have.
Go check out Jeffery Emelt? and GE
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77457 Apr 28, 2013
im not a crook wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like people selectively forgetting the wonderful Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon who hopped on a helicopter before his behind got impeached. Get realistic, there are bums on both sides.
What got him in that position. LYING-- and Of course watergate.

Not we have Obama and he LIES all the time and what about this taping of Mitchs McConnell office. Illegal as hell. Are they investigating it,,, no.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77458 Apr 28, 2013
galturd wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=NaGqjZFxWl A
excuse of a Bigot,,just vote G Bush
you probably don't even now what a bigot is???dem/lib wit
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77459 Apr 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
Well since Al Jazeera covers all sides of an issue, they along with 9 other TV Channels are being kicked out of Iraq.
So much for "Freedom of the Press".
Iraq......such a waste of American blood and money!
Covers all sides, my As-.. They are akin to terriorist sympathizers as you can get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VOTE NO on Election Day to Amendment 1 Women 3 hr Oh yeah 39
Review: Dependable Motors-Knoxville (Jan '13) 9 hr Jason 13
lane kiffin 14 hr Ehs 2
Where in Knoxville can I meet single women my age? 22 hr meme 30
Knoxville, TN DCS Employee problem 22 hr meme 1
Health care provider improperly charged almost ... Aug '14 BeenHereWayTooLong 6
Paula Deen opening restaurant in Pigeon Forge (Mar '14) Jul '14 ThomasA 18
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs