Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

#63482 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, either you're lying about being old enough to get on Medicare or you know nothing about it, because you can't be on Medicare and Disability, at the same time.
If you're on Disability, as you as you become eligible for Medicare, the Gov't. will automatically switch you to it.
Also, there's is a Headline on my Today's Feed that says the price of Medicare is going up in 2013. We already pay $100.00 a month just for the Doctors Part, alone...so I'm going to have to read it to see what is going up. when I do, I'll post the Link. so, you see, we don't get anything for free, not even Medicare that we've pain into all our Working Lives! So, cry me another River!
Oh, and actually the "Doctor's" part of Medicare is actually $99.90, but the Gov't. takes an even $100.00 out of your Social Security Check. Now, that multiplied by a few million, is a nice little chunk of change that we don't owe, but do you heard any of us belly-aching about it? NO! But, all you Greedy Tea Baggers and Republicans do nothing, but gripe and whine about every little penny that you have to pay the Gov't. for anything! All you People want is a totally FREE RIDE, and everybody else to pay for it! DISGUSTING!
It was syterical darlin' Yes am on SS, have a disability (back) but don't have disability. Why---because someone else would have to pay for it. It is not right. A FREE ride is what the Dem/libs want.BIG GOV. For the people that need it it is a great thing but so many abuse it. I am not one of them. I had left out food stamps which I am not on. I am not so sure about the claim that disability converts to Medicare. Will FInd out.. They are two different horses. One you get Medical care and the other you get paid for being disabled. Now the Medical part of disability may change over but the payment for the disability is through SSN and it does not quit???? Before I run my mouth out to far on that limb, I will find out and let you know.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63483 Jan 25, 2013
12 Reasons I Voted Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companiesí profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnít.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said & nobody else is offended by it.

5. I voted Democrat because Iím way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrati because I believe that people who canít tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I donít start driving a Prius.

7. I voted Democrat because Iím not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.

9. I voted Democrati because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

11. I voted Democrat because I think that itís better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; itís unlikely that Iíll ever have another point of view.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63484 Jan 25, 2013
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you have an inherent ?RIGHT? to healthcare.
In a word... YES.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#63485 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, either you're lying about being old enough to get on Medicare or you know nothing about it, because you can't be on Medicare and Disability, at the same time.
If you're on Disability, as you as you become eligible for Medicare, the Gov't. will automatically switch you to it.
Also, there's is a Headline on my Today's Feed that says the price of Medicare is going up in 2013. We already pay $100.00 a month just for the Doctors Part, alone...so I'm going to have to read it to see what is going up. when I do, I'll post the Link. so, you see, we don't get anything for free, not even Medicare that we've pain into all our Working Lives! So, cry me another River!
Oh, and actually the "Doctor's" part of Medicare is actually $99.90, but the Gov't. takes an even $100.00 out of your Social Security Check. Now, that multiplied by a few million, is a nice little chunk of change that we don't owe, but do you heard any of us belly-aching about it? NO! But, all you Greedy Tea Baggers and Republicans do nothing, but gripe and whine about every little penny that you have to pay the Gov't. for anything! All you People want is a totally FREE RIDE, and everybody else to pay for it! DISGUSTING!
I won't claim to know all the specifics because I am not old enough for any of them and probably never will be at the rate they are going ;)

I do know a woman who has been on disability most all her life, and I believe when she became eligible for Medicare, she still receives it. While most seniors pay for their Medicare part B and D, hers is picked up by Medicaid.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63486 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact Pres. Woodrow Willson had a chance to end the vietnamn war before it began. >>>>>He had previously met HO CHI MIHN<<<<<<
----------
Previously "MET" Ho Chi Minh??? BTW, you can take YOUR foot out of your mouth now!!!
You're not a very good "truth teller", are you, Truth Detector? You see, it's the Fox Fake News influence, again...you just have to change and distort the truth about everybody and everything!...and sometimes, you and they just outright LIE! You've got to stop letting them mess with your mind and influence your behavior...and they do , whether you realize it or not!
In the now immortal words of the smartest woman in the world:

What difference does it make?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63487 Jan 25, 2013
I cannot keep this website from posting the other name. WOnderIF. So if you see it you know why?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63488 Jan 25, 2013
Nuh wrote:
12 Reasons I Voted Democrat
1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companiesí profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnít.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said & nobody else is offended by it.
5. I voted Democrat because Iím way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrati because I believe that people who canít tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I donít start driving a Prius.
7. I voted Democrat because Iím not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.
9. I voted Democrati because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. I voted Democrat because I think that itís better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; itís unlikely that Iíll ever have another point of view.
That puts the icing on my day. Now if someone will come up with 12 reason why they did not vote Republican.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63489 Jan 25, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
In the now immortal words of the smartest woman in the world:
What difference does it make?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
could not watch it, made me sick.

She must have been taking classes from BILL
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63490 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> In a word... YES.
I disagree there. But hey - now, Sports are a civil right for disabled...

http://news.yahoo.com/sports-civil-disabled-u...
Goodbye

United States

#63491 Jan 25, 2013
You have really lost all your marbles thIs time. This post is so full of misinformation, I don't know where to begin.
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodbye

United States

#63493 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
Why?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63494 Jan 25, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
You Guys have been wanting me to disagree with Obama, and the Dems, on an Issue...well Baby, here it is! This is total discrimination and BS!
----------
"Older Smokers Priced Out Of Obamacare."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565787/...
Well...as Nancy Pelosi said, "we have to pass it for you to see what's in it"!
Goodbye

United States

#63495 Jan 25, 2013
What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
It was syterical darlin' Yes am on SS, have a disability (back) but don't have disability. Why---because someone else would have to pay for it. It is not right. A FREE ride is what the Dem/libs want.BIG GOV. For the people that need it it is a great thing but so many abuse it. I am not one of them. I had left out food stamps which I am not on. I am not so sure about the claim that disability converts to Medicare. Will FInd out.. They are two different horses. One you get Medical care and the other you get paid for being disabled. Now the Medical part of disability may change over but the payment for the disability is through SSN and it does not quit???? Before I run my mouth out to far on that limb, I will find out and let you know.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63496 Jan 25, 2013
It's all different Divisions of Social Security...and It's SSI, not SSN. SSN stand s for your Social Security Number!
SSI is part of the Social Security that pays you extra, if your Social Benefits are not enough for you to live off of.
Disability Benefits for People of any age that aren't able to work, comes out of the social Security Fund. It all does, except for Public Assistance Programs such as welfare and Food Stamps, etc., which is entirely different and not part of Social Security, IN ANY WAY!
AND Social Security is entirely Self Sufficient in that it ALL comes from money that workers have paid into it and not a penny of it comes from INCOME TAXES! in fact, the Gov't. Stole alot of the money in the Trust Fund and replaced it with I.O.U.s, which the Gov't. cannot afford, NOW, to pick up! The Ultra Rich's Tax Breaks are more important! <S>
You would know all of this , if you were old enough to retire and draw Social Security...after all, it's a Fund that you would have paid into all of your Working Life.
If you have a Bak injury and you don't draw Social Security Disability or Medicare if you're old enough, which I don't bleieve that you are, I don't care what you claim to the contrary...where does your money come from??? How do you live???
Even the Super Wealthy who are eligible becuaseof age or disability, yell the loudest, if anybody even suggests that they have their Social Security Benefits reduced! So, how do you get by without any money, as you claim you can't work but you don't get any money from any Gov't.Assistance Programs(funded by Gov't. Tax Money) OR any Social Security Programs,(funded by what Working People pay into it), which is NOT the same thing! How do you get by???
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63497 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63499 Jan 25, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?<quoted text>
Satire
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63502 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.

Location hidden

#63505 Jan 25, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should start reading the Links that I've put up, to try to educate People like you, that don't have the faintest idea of what they're talking about!

If you won't even try to educate yourself about what Obamacare is, how it will work, who it will cover and what it will cost them...then, you don't even need to be commenting on it, PERIOD!

I didn't even understand it myself...and I read everything that was out there, but more and more is starting to come out about it as the time for it to fully go into effect, is drawing closer. I'm posting the Links as that information is coming out and I am finding it.
BTW, I don't think it was deliberately kept secret. I think that since the Teapublicans have blown so much money , trying to Repeal it, that All the Press wanted to wait and see if it "remained the same" or if it remained at all, before they reported alot of information that might turn out to be all fictitious, by 2014, the time that it will all be fully implemented, unless something changes this year, which is still a possibility!

Location hidden

#63507 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.
You are so right, OT! The measure that any Nation's Society is judged by , is how well they take care of the Poorest and Weakest , among them!
With all this Selfish, Greedy Complaining that the Teapublicans do about how much they have to pay in Taxes...I posted a Link comparing the amount that U.S. Citizens pay in taxes, compared to all the other Civilized Countries in the world and, the U.S. was the Lowest Taxed Nation in the World, by far!
It came from the Yahoo Business Website and I posted it yesterday. If any of you don't believe me, it's on this Thread...go back to yesterday and read it for yourself!
It's absolutely incredible how Spoiled most Americans are and how much they take for granted, especially the Teapublicans who want more and more for themselves and to He*l with everybody else!
BC resident

New Johnsonville, TN

#63510 Jan 25, 2013
Sassy,a person on disability gets medicare after they have been on disability for 24 months. The premium for 2013 is up to $104.90 and the deductible is $147.00 up from $140.00

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DEVELOPING: Johnia Berry suspect dead (Mar '08) 5 hr Norman 1,123
New..... 6 hr Summy 3
Where are all the single white women? 12 hr George 1
alleged corrupt judges in rob co. (Mar '12) 19 hr Secret squirrel 52
Cheating husbands-who are they? (Jan '13) Tue Hahahahahahahaha 121
new pain clinic in knoxville (Apr '11) Tue jay 152
Review: Tennessee Premier Care DR Tue please 2
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE