Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Comments (Page 2,831)

Showing posts 56,601 - 56,620 of123,806
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The first site on the search engine list that was agreeing with your allegation was Alex Jones' infowars site. Are you going to try to convince us that THAT is a credible site?
I don't care what Alex Jones agrees or disagrees with. He doesn't speak for me. Your vanity is unrestrained if you believe I care what you believe as well. The few occasions whereupon I considered your work coherent discovered my inceptive error. I consider you no more than a pathetic public nuisance.

I never cited an "allegation" in the subject post, but spoke of an abundance of existing documentation, available to anyone willing to investigate.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
"Fox News Does Not Understand How Money Works."
As the nation's most-watched cable news network, Fox News is responsible for informing millions of Americans on the issues of the day. Unfortunately for the American people, the network often fails to grasp basic, kindergarten-level concepts. Today, for example, we learned that Fox News does not understand that the value of money is not equal to the value of the material used to make the the money. The proposed "trillion-dollar platinum coin" would not be composed of one trillion dollars of platinum, just as a $100 bill is not made from $100 worth of paper.
Perhaps Fox News simply got some bad information from its political wing, the Republican Party, which, incredibly, made the same mistake yesterday.
don't you think they were making fun at it? I do... They know the difference.. Its Obama and his cronies who do not
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

December 29, 2012 marks the 122nd Anniversary of the murder of 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. These 297 people, in their winter camp, were murdered by federal agents and members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began AFTER the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. When the final round had flown, of the 297 dead or dying, two thirds (200) were women and children.
Around 40 members of the 7th Cavalry were killed, over half cut down by friendly fire from the Hotchkiss guns of their overzealous comrades-in-arms. Twenty members of the 7th Cavalry were deemed “National Heros” and awarded the Medal of Honor for their acts of cowardice.
We do not hear of Wounded Knee today. It is not mentioned in our history classes or books. What little does exist about Wounded Knee is normally the sanitized “Official Government Explanation” or the historically and factually inaccurate depictions of the events leading up to the massacre on the movie screen.
Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.Before you jump on the emotionally charged bandwagon for gun-control, take a moment to reflect on the real purpose of the Second Amendment- The right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The argument that the Second Amendment only applies to hunting and target shooting is asinine. When the United States Constitution was drafted “hunting” was an everyday chore carried out by men and women to put meat on the table each night, and “target shooting” was an unheard of concept, musket balls were a precious commodity in the wilds of early America, and were certainly not wasted “target shooting”. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defense purposes should such tyranny rise in the United States.
As time goes on the average citizen in the United States continues to lose personal freedom or “liberty”. Far too many times unjust bills are passed and signed into law under the guise of “for your safety” or “for protection”. The Patriot Act signed into law by G.W. Bush, then expanded and continued by Barack Obama is just one of many examples of American citizens being stripped of their rights and privacy for “safety”. Now, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is on the table, and will, most likely be taken away for “our safety”.
Before any American citizen blindly accepts whatever new firearms legislation that is about to be doled out, they should stop and think about something for just one minute-
Evil does exist in our world. It always has and always will. Throughout history evil people have committed evil acts. In the Bible one of the first stories is that of Cain killing Abel. We can not legislate “evil” into extinction. Good people will abide by the law, defective people will always find a way around it.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

And another thought Evil exists all around us, but looking back at the historical record of the past 200 years across the globe, where is “evil” and “malevolence” most often found? In the hands of those with the power- governments. That greatest human tragedies on record and the largest loss of innocent human life can be attributed to governments. Who do governments target?“Scapegoats” and “enemies” within their own borders…but only after they have been disarmed to the point where they are no longer a threat. Ask any Native American, and they will tell you it was inferior technology and lack of arms that contributed to their demise. Ask any Armenian why it was so easy for the Turks to exterminate millions of them, and they will answer “We were disarmed before it happened”. Ask any Jew what Hitler’s first step prior to the mass murders of the Holocaust was- confiscation of firearms from the people.
Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no right to defend ourselves and our families.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

One more thought for your belly.

"Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
"Fox News Does Not Understand How Money Works."
As the nation's most-watched cable news network, Fox News is responsible for informing millions of Americans on the issues of the day. Unfortunately for the American people, the network often fails to grasp basic, kindergarten-level concepts. Today, for example, we learned that Fox News does not understand that the value of money is not equal to the value of the material used to make the the money. The proposed "trillion-dollar platinum coin" would not be composed of one trillion dollars of platinum, just as a $100 bill is not made from $100 worth of paper.
Perhaps Fox News simply got some bad information from its political wing, the Republican Party, which, incredibly, made the same mistake yesterday.
Well, here is a kindergarten level concept you fail to recognize. Fox News number one responsibility, like every other news station, is to make its shareholders a profit. TV stations do this very thing strictly through ratings which drive advertising. It is up to each tv station to determine what type of broadcasting will earn them the biggest ratings which in turn will drive more revenue for their parent company. Anything else is strictly a secondary responsibility.

It is up to each tv station's viewers to form their own opinion on what each tv station broadcasts. A tv station cannot determine a person's morals, ethics or basic beliefs. Adults who watch tv stations have already had all of these things etched into their personality long before they started watching tv news channels. A person watching a tv news channel either agrees with what the station is broadcasting or disagrees. There aren't many people who actually change their way of thinking because of what a tv news channel is broadcasting.

You obviously disagree with what Fox News broadcasts, but guess what, there are also people who disagree with what MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc. broadcasts. If what you were saying were true, then an equal number of people who watch CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and many others would be brainwashed into a more liberal way of thinking. In other words, if what you were saying were to be true, it would have to work both ways, not just in your favor.

A better way of saying what you are saying, and a lot less wordy way of saying it would be to simply say I disagree with what Fox News broadcasts and leave it at that. All the other adjectives you use and your eccentric statements are simply a lot of wasted time and effort. Either people agree with you or disagree. Trying to talk someone into agreeing with you on matters such as this, especially in the manner you do it, is simply done in vain.

In summary, everyone already knows your opinion of Fox News, so move on to something else.
Leroy Snot

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>Many disagree with Fox because they know much of the political information is not only biased, but it is false. Being biased is not the point here.....outright lying is.
And you think they are the only station broadcasting inaccuracies? Fox News gets the brunt of the blame on this forum because there are a lot of liberals posting on this forum. Go to a conservative forum, and you will see the same against CBS, NBC and others. The point of my post was not what the station is broadcasting but rather people watching these stations do not change their view of politics based on what a station broadcasts. You say that Fox News is lying, others say what they are saying is fact. It is up to each viewer to determine what to pay attention to and what not to pay attention to. You saying Fox is lying is strictly your opinion. Others who say Fox is factual are stating their opinion. Everyone watching it will make up their own mind. We realize you don't agree with Fox, so simply state you don't agree. All the other verbiage is just an accelerated form of stating your opinion. Everybody has an opinion. Everyone reads your opinion for what it is - your opinion. Not understanding why everyone doesn't agree with your opinion or why you can't change everyone else's opinion is a weakness of yours, not theirs.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what Alex Jones agrees or disagrees with. He doesn't speak for me. Your vanity is unrestrained if you believe I care what you believe as well. The few occasions whereupon I considered your work coherent discovered my inceptive error. I consider you no more than a pathetic public nuisance.
I never cited an "allegation" in the subject post, but spoke of an abundance of existing documentation, available to anyone willing to investigate.
And again, I was thinking the same thing about you, Willard. Imagine that, what a coincidence...twice already!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Based on the popular vote totals of recent presidents, you bet it is. I know you could access this info. as easily as I can, but it wouldn't suit your purposes to do so....Consequently I did it for you.
George W. Bush 2004 50.73%
George W. Bush 2000 47.87%
Bill Clinton 1996 49.23%
Bill Clinton 1992 43.01%
George H.W. Bush 1988 53.37%
SO...it had been 20 years since a president got a popular vote total as large as Barack Obama got in 2008 or 2012. Based on those figures....that is a fairly large majority.(Obama beat the 1980 popular vote totals for Ronald Reagan in both 2008 and 2012)
Only a Liberal would call 1% over half a "fairly large majority".
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>Many disagree with Fox because they know much of the political information is not only biased, but it is false. Being biased is not the point here.....outright lying is.
CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN 10, 2013

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,162,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,152,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,129,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,005,000
MTV BUCKWILD 1,920,000

That's TOO much, huh?

CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,880,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,704,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,401,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,220,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 1,035,000
MSNBC MADDOW 982,000
MSNBC MATTHEW 954,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 914,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 805,000
CNN PIERS 783,000
CNN COOPER 611,000

I like Sharpton. He's funnier than Colbert and the Daily Show.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here is a kindergarten level concept you fail to recognize. Fox News number one responsibility, like every other news station, is to make its shareholders a profit. TV stations do this very thing strictly through ratings which drive advertising. It is up to each tv station to determine what type of broadcasting will earn them the biggest ratings which in turn will drive more revenue for their parent company. Anything else is strictly a secondary responsibility.
It is up to each tv station's viewers to form their own opinion on what each tv station broadcasts. A tv station cannot determine a person's morals, ethics or basic beliefs. Adults who watch tv stations have already had all of these things etched into their personality long before they started watching tv news channels. A person watching a tv news channel either agrees with what the station is broadcasting or disagrees. There aren't many people who actually change their way of thinking because of what a tv news channel is broadcasting.
You obviously disagree with what Fox News broadcasts, but guess what, there are also people who disagree with what MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc. broadcasts. If what you were saying were true, then an equal number of people who watch CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and many others would be brainwashed into a more liberal way of thinking. In other words, if what you were saying were to be true, it would have to work both ways, not just in your favor.
A better way of saying what you are saying, and a lot less wordy way of saying it would be to simply say I disagree with what Fox News broadcasts and leave it at that. All the other adjectives you use and your eccentric statements are simply a lot of wasted time and effort. Either people agree with you or disagree. Trying to talk someone into agreeing with you on matters such as this, especially in the manner you do it, is simply done in vain.
In summary, everyone already knows your opinion of Fox News, so move on to something else.
Did you not see the quotation marks around the Title and does that not tell you that it is a Copied and Posted News Article??? there's not a word in it that's mine. Yet you couldn't wait to attack the "Messenger"...typica l Teapublican maneuver and one they practically all the time because they have no other Rebuttal! You can't make a legitimate argument against the truth...that's why you rsort to attacking the Messenger almost everytime. It makes you look so pitiful and delusional, in refusing to see the truth about your Beloved Fox Fake News!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
Election Director: No Proof of Dead Voters
http://summerville.patch.com/articles/electio...
The findings showed:

106 cases resulted from clerical errors by poll managers
56 cases resulted from bad data matching by the DMV to death records
32 cases resulted from voter participation errors, when stray marks caused it to appear that dead voters had cast ballots when they hadn't
3 cases were absentee ballots of voters who died before election day
10 cases proved inconclusive

Glad it didn't come down to less than 200 votes, huh? we could have had a Supreme Court case come down to incompetent government employees.

Wonder how those 10 inconclusives feel about their votes?

"BREAKING NEWS. Obama elected by 10 inconclusive votes. We couldn't figure out how they voted so we decided that since Obama took the moron vote, any moron so stupid that their vote was "inconclusive" was probably an Obama vote."
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not see the quotation marks around the Title and does that not tell you that it is a Copied and Posted News Article??? there's not a word in it that's mine. Yet you couldn't wait to attack the "Messenger"...typica l Teapublican maneuver and one they practically all the time because they have no other Rebuttal! You can't make a legitimate argument against the truth...that's why you rsort to attacking the Messenger almost everytime. It makes you look so pitiful and delusional, in refusing to see the truth about your Beloved Fox Fake News!
You repost an editorial from Dan Amira who is a New York Magazine editor. Yes, I saw the quotation marks, and yes, I knew it was a reposted article. However, it was an editorial. What I do know is that you post a lot of blogs and editorials trying to confirm your opinions and then you attack those who disagree with your opinion. Your opinion is just that - your opinion. You are trying to make people understand your opinion yet you refuse to try to understand anyone else's opinion that is different than yours. You are wanting to get people to do the very thing you refuse to do. This has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with treating people as you expect to be treated. Expecting people to do something which you don't expect of yourself is what most people would call hypocrisy. Everyone sees this but you.
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, I was thinking the same thing about you, Willard. Imagine that, what a coincidence...twice already!
You're supposed to be thinking about that other guy, remember? You know..the really stupid one! Well...one of the really stupid ones!
It's important to get relationships right. I want to keep you out of those Tony Robins "personal Power" seminars, they can be expensive. Besides, I have it on good authority that the other guy, the really stupid one, has damn near killed himself with the Richard Simmons tapes lately. Maybe somthin' will work out..I don't know! Sometimes I get really frustrated about so many stupid people sharing my planet and obsess with the need to just sharpen a pencil or something. Do you know what I mean? It's almost a primal thing with me. You know that horrible feeling you get when you sharpen a pencil and wait for it to happen for so long, only to remove it and find wood still covering the lead on one side? Well, that's how I feel all the time!
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>Well that only means you are outnumbered. You "overly intelligent" folks might need to move so you start your own country if this one doesn't suit you.
We're already working on it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
You're supposed to be thinking about that other guy, remember? You know..the really stupid one! Well...one of the really stupid ones!
It's important to get relationships right. I want to keep you out of those Tony Robins "personal Power" seminars, they can be expensive. Besides, I have it on good authority that the other guy, the really stupid one, has damn near killed himself with the Richard Simmons tapes lately. Maybe somthin' will work out..I don't know! Sometimes I get really frustrated about so many stupid people sharing my planet and obsess with the need to just sharpen a pencil or something. Do you know what I mean? It's almost a primal thing with me. You know that horrible feeling you get when you sharpen a pencil and wait for it to happen for so long, only to remove it and find wood still covering the lead on one side? Well, that's how I feel all the time!
No Willard, I really don't know what you mean about anything you said in this Post, I'm sorry, but I don't. I don't know who the "really stupid Guy" is that's you're referring to, and I don't get the "pencil" analogy.
But, I did detect a sadness in your Post. I want you to know that if I caused any part of that sadness, I really am sorry and I did not mean to. Believe it or not, I really like you Willard, even if you are a dang ole Teapublican.:)
I was only teasing you in my previous Posts, Willard, and if I upset you or made you sad, I truly am sorry. I didn't mean to.:(
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Not Willard wrote:
<quoted text>Let's hope you go soon....
Yeah, we all know how long these sentiments would last. The pathology of collectivism (communism/socialism) does nothing to appease the demon of human hunger. Deceptions and fanciful ideologies all take a break - three times a day. The bedwetters talk a big game about the producers in this country, but will be helpless without a corrupt government taking fruits of producers and redistributing to the covetous many now addicted. When the useful idiots have dutifully deconstructed American commerce and marched their last mile to surrender a free country never loved, they too will share the doom. As the specter of hungry masses manifest unspeakable horror, I shall await the howls of reckoning when deceived Americans finally realize what they've done!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, were there not "allegations" that nearly a thousand dead people voted in South Carolina, or was I mistaken?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,601 - 56,620 of123,806
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisville Discussions

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Girl cashier at Springfield tn walmart 1 hr Thatguy 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr bob 8,504
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 6 hr 123Pictures 58,318
Medical Marijuana Act Gains Entry to TN Senate 7 hr Rockhound42 366
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr Get Real 8,461
Maryville Snitches (May '11) 9 hr UGH 10
joshua robert barnefske 12 hr white_girl19xx 1
•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••