Nosey Rosie

Romania

#61608 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
The Economy is definitely growing, slowly but surely. Although it's not as fast as all of us would like, it is going in the right direction and as long as it doesn't reverse in the opposite direction, there's Hope that we will get there, in time!
Considering where we started, and what could have happened...I'll take it and be glad of it!
The economy is definitely NOT growing,

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#61609 Jan 5, 2013
Nosey Rosie wrote:
<quoted text>The economy is definitely NOT growing,
All of the Official Reports say otherwise.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#61611 Jan 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
Job Report;
GW's first term, started with 132.47 million, ended with 132.45 million- effectively zero job growth.
Obama's first term started with 133.56 million and as of Dec. it's 134.02 million, a net gain of .3%
GW's first term started with 4.2% unemployment and ended with 7.8%

Obama's first term started with 7.8% unemployment, and after hitting a high of 10%, is still mired at 7.8%, a net gain of 0%.

Of course, during the last 4 years, they've had to exclude millions of people who've given up looking for work, and are no longer included in the calculations. Otherwise, it would be about 16%.

I guess you can make statistics do whatever you want them to do.

No matter what moronic pablum you spit up, the economy still sucks, and isn't getting any better.

Proving once again, that Obama got the moron vote.

Location hidden

#61614 Jan 5, 2013
What you are not factoring in is that, the Bottom dropped out of the economy in Nov. before Bush was out of office the following Jan...less than two months later. So, Obama's first Term got the full brunt of the damage that was caused during Bush's two Terms.
Obama didn't cause it, Bush did...but the results of Bush's actions, weren't fully felt until Obama's First Term in office. They had barely started to materialize, but they had started in Nov., before Obama took office and they became fully apparent during Obama's first Term in Office.
Remember who was President and who appointed Hank Paulson, a former Goldman-Sachs CEO, to come up with the Wall St. Bailout and who told Congress that if they didn't vote it in by the following Monday, the Country would go bankrupt because because Wall Street, and the U.S. Economy would crash? Bush was the President who did all of that at the end of his Second Term, before Obama took Office. It was all a farse because Bailing out Wall street did nothing but save the Big Wall Street Bankers, but it happend on Bush's Watch, not on Obama's. It was left up to Obama to save the Country!
Bob the Buckeye

Knoxville, TN

#61615 Jan 5, 2013
Well, let's remember that ol' Barry stepped in and did some "saving" of his own: Government Motors ring a bell. Crapped all over the bondholders in the process also. Let's be honest about it, Barry saved the UAW, he couldn't give a rat's behind about the average worker. Here is the proof - where is your middle class tax relief. You sure didn't get it this week, your taxes went up while NASCAR got about 40-50 million in tax exemptions extended for a few of the track owners. Yeah, old Barry just loves the little guy, you should see all the pork in that "Fiscal Cliff" bill.

Location hidden

#61616 Jan 5, 2013
Bob the Buckeye wrote:
Well, let's remember that ol' Barry stepped in and did some "saving" of his own: Government Motors ring a bell. Crapped all over the bondholders in the process also. Let's be honest about it, Barry saved the UAW, he couldn't give a rat's behind about the average worker. Here is the proof - where is your middle class tax relief. You sure didn't get it this week, your taxes went up while NASCAR got about 40-50 million in tax exemptions extended for a few of the track owners. Yeah, old Barry just loves the little guy, you should see all the pork in that "Fiscal Cliff" bill.
I saw it...I'm the One who posted the Article, remember?
I also posted the Article that said the Automobile Industry and the General Motors Bailout did more to save the U.S. economy than any other single action, and explained how and where they are, economically, today, world-wide, in sales. But, I guess you didn't read that one....but you should! I believe, if memory serves, it was a Forbes Article, a very Conservative Business Site, in case you don't know!
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

#61617 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
The Economy is definitely growing, slowly but surely. Although it's not as fast as all of us would like, it is going in the right direction and as long as it doesn't reverse in the opposite direction, there's Hope that we will get there, in time!
Considering where we started, and what could have happened...I'll take it and be glad of it!
If Obama keeps spending, we won't get there.

Location hidden

#61618 Jan 5, 2013
"Republican Party Seems As Divided, Angry As Ever."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/republican-party-seems-...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61619 Jan 5, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, during the last 4 years, they've had to exclude millions of people who've given up looking for work, and are no longer included in the calculations.
This was true under Bush as well.
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

#61620 Jan 5, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
What you are not factoring in is that, the Bottom dropped out of the economy in Nov. before Bush was out of office the following Jan...less than two months later. So, Obama's first Term got the full brunt of the damage that was caused during Bush's two Terms.
Obama didn't cause it, Bush did...but the results of Bush's actions, weren't fully felt until Obama's First Term in office. They had barely started to materialize, but they had started in Nov., before Obama took office and they became fully apparent during Obama's first Term in Office.
Remember who was President and who appointed Hank Paulson, a former Goldman-Sachs CEO, to come up with the Wall St. Bailout and who told Congress that if they didn't vote it in by the following Monday, the Country would go bankrupt because because Wall Street, and the U.S. Economy would crash? Bush was the President who did all of that at the end of his Second Term, before Obama took Office. It was all a farse because Bailing out Wall street did nothing but save the Big Wall Street Bankers, but it happend on Bush's Watch, not on Obama's. It was left up to Obama to save the Country!
And Obama as a Senator voted for the bailout as well. You and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that The president or at least prior to Obama, the House and Senate control the flow of money, spending and revenue. In Clinton Years The House was Republican for the last two years. This lasted four years into the Bush presidency. During the last four years both houses were changed to democrats. Look What Happened. In fact, Bush told them (a known fact that keep getting buried)that if they kept loaning money on homes people who could not pay for them, failing of the banks would happen. Now Obama gets praise for saving the country. People we have 15-20 million people out of work, Prices are higher than ever before and if the FEDS quit buying bonds to keep the interest rates down then you see an recession like you have never seen before. Get your facts straight for once.
HoT

Beechgrove, TN

#61621 Jan 5, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
GW's first term started with 4.2% unemployment and ended with 7.8%
Obama's first term started with 7.8% unemployment, and after hitting a high of 10%, is still mired at 7.8%, a net gain of 0%.
Of course, during the last 4 years, they've had to exclude millions of people who've given up looking for work, and are no longer included in the calculations. Otherwise, it would be about 16%.
I guess you can make statistics do whatever you want them to do.
No matter what moronic pablum you spit up, the economy still sucks, and isn't getting any better.
Proving once again, that Obama got the moron vote.
I second that VOTE

Location hidden

#61626 Jan 6, 2013
HoT wrote:
<quoted text> And Obama as a Senator voted for the bailout as well. You and a lot of people seem to be forgetting that The president or at least prior to Obama, the House and Senate control the flow of money, spending and revenue. In Clinton Years The House was Republican for the last two years. This lasted four years into the Bush presidency. During the last four years both houses were changed to democrats. Look What Happened. In fact, Bush told them (a known fact that keep getting buried)that if they kept loaning money on homes people who could not pay for them, failing of the banks would happen. Now Obama gets praise for saving the country. People we have 15-20 million people out of work, Prices are higher than ever before and if the FEDS quit buying bonds to keep the interest rates down then you see an recession like you have never seen before. Get your facts straight for once.
It's not going to matter whether I have my Facts straight or not, because you'll just keep making up your own, with the help of Fox Fake News, from now on. You've done it for the past 4 years and it doesn't look like you have any intentions of stopping it.

So, just live in your Fantasy World and convince yourself of anything you want to that makes you feel better about yourself.

I prefer to live in the Real World of the Here and Now, and try to know what's REALLY happening and why.

I'm tired of trying to talk and explain things to Narrow-minded Posters, who simply refuse to acknowledge the truth about anything that doesn't conform to their pre-existing mindset, aided and abetted by an entertainment BS Cable TV Channel, that has no more credibility than a Supermarket Tabloid. If you don't have the intelligence to have figured that out, then there's not much chance that you're smart enough to understand anything else...or to even understand any actual Facts. Closed-minded People are lost causes! They will never learn anything and they cannot accept change of any kind or about anything!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61628 Jan 6, 2013
HoT wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, Bush told them (a known fact that keep getting buried)that if they kept loaning money on homes people who could not pay for them, failing of the banks would happen.
We're creating... an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property.- President George W. Bush, October 2004.[2]

Location hidden

#61629 Jan 6, 2013
"Republicans Adrift."

Click here:
http://www.arcamax.com/politics/richardcohen/...

Location hidden

#61630 Jan 6, 2013
"Outside Secret Money Likely To Flow In 2013."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/outside...

Location hidden

#61631 Jan 6, 2013
I'm re-posting this because I really want People to read it, because I think it is SO important for you to understand what led up to what I believe is very likely to happen, at some point in time, in the not so distance future, if some changes aren't made quickly.
----------
"Secrets And Lies Of the Bailout."

("The Federal rescue of Wall Street didn't fix the economy--it created a permanent bailout state based on a Ponzi-like confidence sheme. and the worst may be yet to come.")

Click here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/sec...
Voter

Johnson City, TN

#61632 Jan 6, 2013
HoT wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that VOTE
You have it right

Location hidden

#61633 Jan 6, 2013
I can't make you read this...all I can tell you is that if you do read it , it will literally scare the Living Daylights out of you for the future of this Country's Economy and make you want to bury all of your money in the back yard, in coffee cans!

It should also make you ashamed of yourself for ever criticizing any Ordinary Citizen for taking, what amounts to less than peanuts, from the Federal Government, in any form!
What's in this article, is what we all should be rioting in the Streets about! And that is NOT an exaggeration!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/sec...

Location hidden

#61634 Jan 6, 2013
I found this interesting...just food for thought.
----------
"The Case Against Billionaires."

Click here:
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/13698-the-c...

Location hidden

#61635 Jan 6, 2013
Dunlapian, I found this on the PBS "Frontline" Website. It tells us some possible reasons why.
----------
"Why Soldiers Keep Losing To Suicide."

Click here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/forei...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alleged corrupt judges in rob co. (Mar '12) 5 hr Secret squirrel 52
New..... 9 hr Summy 2
Cheating husbands-who are they? (Jan '13) 12 hr Hahahahahahahaha 121
new pain clinic in knoxville (Apr '11) 16 hr jay 152
Review: Tennessee Premier Care DR Tue please 2
Best Female Attorney Mon BUMBEATER 6
News Health care provider improperly charged almost ... (Jul '14) Aug '14 BeenHereWayTooLong 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]