fEd Up

Big Sandy, TN

#60436 Dec 25, 2012
All these Tea Party nuts must got the same emails for their talking points because they all say the same thing.
Leroy Snot

Vonore, TN

#60437 Dec 25, 2012
I just had a republican nut treating my live on FB! GUN OWNERS!!
Really Sassy

Isperih, Bulgaria

#60438 Dec 25, 2012
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
The proof that armed guards in these situations will work is shown many times. The Sunday after Newtown, there was a shooter in a movie theater in San Antonio. He left one injured before an off duty deputy, working security for the theater, took him down. The shooter yesterday in New York who started the fires and killed first responders turned the gun on himself when cops arrived. The presence of guns in trained hands discourages them most every time. And think about this. Why, in the modern age, has this country not been invaded by armies, even though they could cross the borders very easily. You think it might be because the public is armed and because of that, they would not know where all the guns are to oppose? They maybe don't want to be in the crossfire? If only the police and military are armed, as in other countries, an invasion would be much simpler to pull off.
I get so wet between my fat rolls when you speak.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#60439 Dec 25, 2012
No talking points needed when we are stating facts.. The Liberals need talking points to keep their lies straight.
GrossEd out

Big Sandy, TN

#60440 Dec 25, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>I get so wet between my fat rolls when you speak.
Ewwww, not me!
truth

Big Sandy, TN

#60441 Dec 25, 2012
Tea Party = Party of the Past!

Tea Party Members = Done, but in Denial.
truth

Big Sandy, TN

#60442 Dec 25, 2012
Leroy Snot wrote:
I just had a republican nut treating my live on FB! GUN OWNERS!!
Guns, God, and Gays. They all want more and bigger Guns, claim to believe in God, but don't, and most of them are closet Gays, cheaters, and liars. Can't trust 'em and can't stand 'em.
Really Sassy

Germany

#60443 Dec 25, 2012
Rest assurEd, if I open my mouth it is a lie. P.S. I have O.C.D.
Lover

Big Sandy, TN

#60444 Dec 26, 2012
tinkywinky wrote:
tea party husband betrayed wifey now wifey is going to get revenge
She's mine now.
John

Big Sandy, TN

#60445 Dec 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
Rest assurEd, if I open my mouth it is a lie. P.S. I have O.C.D.
Get a new name bro. That one sounds like a chick.
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

#60450 Dec 26, 2012
Stop outing ME!!!!!!!! You're going TO make ME CRY!!!!! I am in the CLOSET!!!!!!!!
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

#60451 Dec 26, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a new name bro. That one sounds like a chick.
I am a CHICK with BALLS!!!!
John

Big Sandy, TN

#60454 Dec 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>I am a CHICK with BALLS!!!!
You wish you had some like mine?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#60455 Dec 26, 2012
"GOP Willing To Bend On Issues After Election."

Click here:

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-willing-bend-issues...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#60457 Dec 26, 2012
"Over The Fiscal Cliff: What Kind Of Landing?"

("If U.S. falls off 'fiscal cliff' economy could get soft landing__or dizzy dive onto the rocks.")

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/over-fiscal-cliff-kind-...
BC Alien

United States

#60459 Dec 26, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
On the December 23 broadcast of NBC's Meet The Press, host David Gregory brandished a 30-round magazine for an AR-15 "assault rifle," during a discussion about gun control. He mocked the NRA's Wayne LaPierre for proposing that armed guards be at every school in America.
"You proposed armed guards in school. We'll talk about that in some detail in a moment. You confronted the news media. You blamed Hollywood and the gaming industry. But never once did you concede that guns could actually be part of the problem. Is that a meaningful contribution, Mr. LaPierre, or a dodge?" asked Gregory.
The NBC host would go on the rest of the segment to suggest that armed guards might not be effective in preventing mass murders at school.
Funny how people can watch the same show and get such a different message. LaPierre like Larry Pratt failed to answer a single question the interviewer asked instead insisting to push his agenda of no ban on any types of weaponry. When asked about the fact a couple of schools where shooting occurred had armed guards the response was "We're doing thing a lot differently now". Ahh, Great response???

The question being a "good reason" for not having armed guards in schools. The most obvious one is COST. As CWAG would say (I miss his banter) Benton co. is broke. Let me repeat that (times ten) Benton co. is broke. Surely you would not expect the POTUS to get us more indebted to the chinks over a bunch of rug rats whose parents didn't even vote for him on a plan which is ineffective.

Besides banning certain types of ammo and guns the next most obvious helpful but not absolute guaranteed solution is reconstructing entrances and exits with materials not so easily shot out by high powered weaponry. Perhaps a double door system along with multiple camera views placed out of range from tampering. Compared to a full time tax paid cops sitting around rubbing his pistol all day this would be more sensible.

Per CWAG we have $0 to solve a problem so we need a grant from POTUS to fight a problem caused not by evil people but mentally ill people. So which makes more sense? Asking for money for more guns or asking for money to treat a real problem, mental illness?

I suspect the real reason the cause of this problem is not being addressed is most gun toten people fear they could not pass a sanity test in order to own a gun. How about it, feeling sane today?
Doctor

France

#60460 Dec 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
I'm done with Topix. I willcome back on if I wan tto say something to my Friends...and you know who you are...but as for the rest of you, I refuse to play your sadistic game anymore.
Friends, when and if I come on to make a comment to one of your Posts, I will log in and re-activate my Account, so that you'll know it's me. But, aside from those times, I have de-activated it and I won't be logged in, anymore.
The Idiots can drive themselves crazy wondering and accusing Everybody of being me...I just don't care anymore what they do, or what they say!
I only posted this to let my FRIENDS know what happened to me because I care about them!
Your addicted.
BC Alien

United States

#60461 Dec 26, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Gregoryís children go to school at the Quaker Sidwell Friends Ė the same school that Obamaís children attend. The school has an eleven person security department. Excuse me, an ARMED security department. That is in addition to the Secret Service personnel assigned to the Obama children.
Apparently what is good for pundit Gregoryís children is not good for the little peopleís children.
Still havenít heard one good reason for not having armed guards in schools.
Feel free to send your kids to a private school with armed guards and PAY for it out of pocket just like Gregory does. Are you one to holler "too much government spending" in one breath and "we need armed guards" in another? If you are then may be you should support the party which is all incusive of it's members concerns. And that party would be...
lol

Duluth, GA

#60462 Dec 26, 2012
Lol
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#60463 Dec 26, 2012
BC Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Feel free to send your kids to a private school with armed guards and PAY for it out of pocket just like Gregory does. Are you one to holler "too much government spending" in one breath and "we need armed guards" in another? If you are then may be you should support the party which is all incusive of it's members concerns. And that party would be...
I don't know how I feel about the subject yet. Which is why I asked for reasons why we should not put armed guards in schools. So far all I've gotten is "Does the word crossfire mean anything to you?"

No one else has given me anything other than opinions such as "It's a bad idea". No one has put much thought into it.

As for your comments about paying for it, I'd be more than happy to cut duplicated government programs to pay for kid's security. Forget cutting food stamps, letís just cut duplicate, redundant programs.

There are more than 100 programs that deal with surface transportation issues, 82 that monitor teacher quality, 80 for economic development, 56 for "financial literacy," 20 offices or programs devoted to homelessness, 15 agencies or offices handle food safety, and 5 agencies are working to ensure that the federal government uses less gasoline.

Somewhere in that mess is the money to keep our children safe at school. And all we have to do is consolidate some of these programs.

Still havenít heard one good reason for not having armed guards in schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alleged corrupt judges in rob co. (Mar '12) 1 hr Momof2 42
child support is modern day slavery 6 hr just disgusting 37
Job Corp 15 hr Vern Schillinger 2
channon christian and chris newsom murders (May '12) 16 hr Blackpeoplesuck 21
Candle light dinner 16 hr Wondering 3
Dr. Tommy Crunk 17 hr Bob 31
Knoxville Family Attorney 18 hr Tim10 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web