Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not too surprised at this because all the Reports are that he shot his Mother with a Rifle. So, I wondered why he changed "long" guns before heading to the school, since the Rifle was already loaded and I would have assumed that he would be in a hurry to finish his "task" before his Mother's body was discovered. But, I chalked it up to just being the crazy way his Mind worked.
The Press needs to slow down and get the Story accurate instead of trying to be the first one to get the info reported.
And Congress needs to wait until they know the full "accurate" Story before they do anything...and so does Obama, and his Task Force that he formed to come up with a Plan to present to Congress about this!
Excellent post.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>.........."one box at a time"!
Men and their "boxes"! LMAO! You gotta love 'em! LOL!
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Union Lady wrote:
There are 84 million moms in this country
NRA will be History..
Would you like to make a small wager? Unions are disappearing as we speak but the NRA will be around til the end of time.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
Well it looks like old Boehner lost control of his flock last night, as they are a stampeding herd headed right for the cliff.
Actually, the refusal of Obama to compromise with the duly elected Republican House will cause the cliff problem.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
If you do not trust the NRA, join Gun Owners of America ( http://gunowners.org/ ), the Second Amendment Foundation ( http://www.saf.org/ ), or the Tennessee Firearms Association, the reason you have any semblance of firearms Rights in TN ( www.tfaonline.org ).
Totally correct, Sir.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>No Vet, the Conn. shooting involves many issues, and guns "is" just one of many issues.
As for the Sudafed, the government wants to make sure I don't make meth or what ever they make with it......now I on the other hamd would like to have pleasent dive and not have to worry about a sinus problem and cut my dive short, or from what I hear you breath faster(like on cocaine) and use up your air-supply faster.
I really don't think a lawsuit would be my best option.
Still ready to jump on the "assault rifle" bandwagon, D. No rifle found at the school.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
Well it looks like old Boehner lost control of his flock last night, as they are a stampeding herd headed right for the cliff.
Just another indication that the loonatics are in control of the chamber and the party. Pity poor Boehner, a toothless tiger if there ever was one. He can't lead, and he can't backpeddle, since Cantor is behind him waiting to stick him with a fork...
Three days ago, he picked up his marbles and moved from negotiating with the President to negotiating with his caucus, and he lost there too. Now he has sent the House home for the Christmas holiday.
Whatever compromise bill is proposed, it will have to pass the House, and that means Boehner wll have to shepard a bill through his house with a majority of Democratic votes since his caucus is not going to vote for ANY tax increase on thir patrons the wealthy. This tells me that there will be no legislation coming, and we had better be prepared for the cliff or the slope or whatever is coming. Businessmen, big and small including Wall Street, will leave the Republican party (the former party of businessmen) in droves if someone with sense can't come forward and take the reigns of the former GOP for the sake of this country. We are watching the unravelling of the Republican Party as we post on this thread.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the refusal of Obama to compromise with the duly elected Republican House will cause the cliff problem.
Good morning my friend, and a Merry Christmasto you and yours.

I was reminded incessantly when I was against the Bush tax cuts that elections have consequences, and Republicans had the reigns of power. Now...I remind Republicans...elections have consequences and Republicans are trapped in the Sequester web of their own making....so assured were they that Obama was a one term President they placed themselves in this position, never imagianing a second Obama term and a Democratically controlled upper chamber..
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Just another indication that the loonatics are in control of the chamber and the party. Pity poor Boehner, a toothless tiger if there ever was one. He can't lead, and he can't backpeddle, since Cantor is behind him waiting to stick him with a fork...
Three days ago, he picked up his marbles and moved from negotiating with the President to negotiating with his caucus, and he lost there too. Now he has sent the House home for the Christmas holiday.
Whatever compromise bill is proposed, it will have to pass the House, and that means Boehner wll have to shepard a bill through his house with a majority of Democratic votes since his caucus is not going to vote for ANY tax increase on thir patrons the wealthy. This tells me that there will be no legislation coming, and we had better be prepared for the cliff or the slope or whatever is coming. Businessmen, big and small including Wall Street, will leave the Republican party (the former party of businessmen) in droves if someone with sense can't come forward and take the reigns of the former GOP for the sake of this country. We are watching the unravelling of the Republican Party as we post on this thread.
Well, not exactly, OT, by the way , we are all overtaxed, hence no tax increases. The same thing was said after the 2010 elections where the Dems. had their clock cleaned. I also believe I told you that no matter who was elected, the Four Horsemen would be on the ride. I prepared but the left wing loons haven't.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning my friend, and a Merry Christmasto you and yours.
I was reminded incessantly when I was against the Bush tax cuts that elections have consequences, and Republicans had the reigns of power. Now...I remind Republicans...elections have consequences and Republicans are trapped in the Sequester web of their own making....so assured were they that Obama was a one term President they placed themselves in this position, never imagianing a second Obama term and a Democratically controlled upper chamber..
A very Merry Christmas right back and a hearty good morning. You are talking semantics, the sky is falling and you are still fixated on politics. It's time to head for the plane.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet, you're already starting with that propaganda. I don't think it will work because the surveys already said that the American People would blame the Teapublicans of we went over the "Fiscal cliff", so I'll bet that even more Americans will blame the Teapublicans for this failure, too!

And they may blame the Teapublicans enough that, in two years we might have a Democratic-controlled House!

Even though I'm glad it happened because Obama should NOT have caved on the Social Security COLA issue, this was a major, major blunder by Boehner and Cantor and another "shot in the foot" for the Republican Party and, I believe, the American People will hold them solely responsible, if Obama doesn't "cave" again!

What made it look even worse is that they ALL left Town as soon as the Bill was pulled, after the Republicans said they weren't going to do that! Another Lie told about something this important, with all the American People waiting and watching to see what happened...stupid, JUST PLAIN STUPID on the Teapublicans' part! They just don't understand that the 1%ers may make them rich by paying them off, but they will NOT get them re-elected to Office and they love that POWER and "SPECIAL" treatment they get as Members of Congress, almost as much as the money the 1%ers pay them!
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

I expect OT was one of the few Lefties who prepared. The climate down around nine degrees North Latitude is really nice, OT.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
I expect OT was one of the few Lefties who prepared. The climate down around nine degrees North Latitude is really nice, OT.
For you left wing loons, the latitudinal lines run east and west starting at zero degrees at the equator.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
Well, you are right that I and my family will probably be okay no matter what happens with the cliff or slope or whatever everyone is calling it...but you and I have had many good conversations ALMOST all of which I have enjoyed, so you know that my focus in life (and politics) is not just about me and mine. I may be a leftie but I love this country, and I have what I think are the best interests of those less fortunate than me on my mind as well.
I think you and I, given half a chance could work out a reasonable compromise....and I expect no less from those we sent to represent us.
Having been raised as I was and where I was, I became accustomed to not getting everything I wanted (by a long shot) and I suspect you had a somewhat similar modest beginning. I have to wonder how those we sent to Washington were raised when they act more like spoiled children than adult legislators.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Even though I don't like the NRA, I have to agree with this position, coupled with looking into the Mental Health aspect of the issue and trying to come up with something to help that situation.

We could pay for it, if we made the Wealthiest pay their fair share of taxes, closed the Tax Loopholes that ONLY they can take advantage of, and change the Law to make them pay taxes on the money they have hidden in Off-Shore Accounts.

We could even afford to put two Armed Police Officers in the larger Schools, if we did that, alone!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
For you left wing loons, the latitudinal lines run east and west starting at zero degrees at the equator.
I guess your "Vanderbilt" Higher Education taught you that, huh?
Vet, some of us already know that, and some of us don't care whether we know it or not! And we didn't have to go to Vanderbilt, to come to either position!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Still ready to jump on the "assault rifle" bandwagon, D. No rifle found at the school.
Seriously?

Owner of Assault Rifle Brand Involved in Sandy Hook Shooting Getting Out of the Firearms Game

http://gawker.com/5969355/owner-of-assault-ri...

An investment firm that owns several major firearms manufacturers, including the company that produces the assault rifle used in last week's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, announced this morning that it intends to put its entire firearms portfolio up for sale.

Also yesterday, Walmart unexpectedly ceased online sales of the Bushmaster assault rifle used by shooter Adam Lanza, though its unclear how long the moratorium will last.

Dick's Sporting Goods, another major retailer of sporting rifles, said in a statement this morning that it would be suspending the sale of semiautomatic rifles in all stores nationwide for an indefinite period of time.

Assault rifle used during Sandy Hook massacre

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5755941...

(CBS News) NEWTON, Conn.- It's still unclear what -- if any -- connection suspected gunman Adam Lanza's mother had to Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of the mass murder on Friday. But we do know the weapons Adam Lanza used to kill his victims came from her home.

As new details emerge, the scope of the horror expands. Lanza apparently sprayed two classrooms at the school with relentless fire from a semi-automatic assault rifle.

It was a massacre, and most of the victims were first-graders. Autopsies on the bodies of the children reveal that many, if not all, had been shot multiple times.

"I only did seven of the autopsies," medical examiner Wayne Carver said. "The victims I had ranged from three to 11 wounds a piece, and I only saw two of them with close-range shooting."

Investigators believe most of the bullets came from a Bushmaster .223 assault rifle. It was one of four guns Lanza took from the home he shared with his mother after he shot and killed her.

Sources say he left one gun in his car and forced his way into the school carrying the assault rifle in his hands and two semi-automatic pistols in the dark military-style cargo pants he was wearing.
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you are right that I and my family will probably be okay no matter what happens with the cliff or slope or whatever everyone is calling it...but you and I have had many good conversations ALMOST all of which I have enjoyed, so you know that my focus in life (and politics) is not just about me and mine. I may be a leftie but I love this country, and I have what I think are the best interests of those less fortunate than me on my mind as well.
I think you and I, given half a chance could work out a reasonable compromise....and I expect no less from those we sent to represent us.
Having been raised as I was and where I was, I became accustomed to not getting everything I wanted (by a long shot) and I suspect you had a somewhat similar modest beginning. I have to wonder how those we sent to Washington were raised when they act more like spoiled children than adult legislators.
Upper middle class parents, OT, my father was a school teacher and later a TVA manager. No silver spoon, I earned everything I have. Yes, I'm sure we could reach an amicable compromise and I am truly disappointed that one hasn't been reached. Every thing that is wrong with our financial situation is directly attributable to our pathetic pols in Washington of both parties. Of course the American people keep electing them.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not exactly, OT, by the way , we are all overtaxed, hence no tax increases. The same thing was said after the 2010 elections where the Dems. had their clock cleaned. I also believe I told you that no matter who was elected, the Four Horsemen would be on the ride. I prepared but the left wing loons haven't.
"We are all overtaxed?"

Taxes reach historic low

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-117079-ocprin...

While Republican lawmakers appear unified against tax increases and many Tea Party activists want existing rates rolled back, statistics consistently show that federal taxes are at a historic low.
For the past two years, a family of four earning the median income has paid less in federal income taxes than at any time since at least 1955, according to the Tax Policy Center. All federal, state and local taxes combined are a lower percentage of per-capita income than at any time since the 1960s, according to the Tax Foundation. The highest income-tax bracket is its lowest since 1992. At 35 percent, it's well below the 50 percent mark of much of the 1980s and the 70 percent bracket of the 1970s.

“There's this impression that there's a colossal tax burden and that's not really the case,” said Raphael Sonenshein, a political science professor at Cal State Fullerton.“But if you're really angry at the government, you're going to think taxes are too high.”
Vet

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Owner of Assault Rifle Brand Involved in Sandy Hook Shooting Getting Out of the Firearms Game
http://gawker.com/5969355/owner-of-assault-ri...
An investment firm that owns several major firearms manufacturers, including the company that produces the assault rifle used in last week's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, announced this morning that it intends to put its entire firearms portfolio up for sale.
Also yesterday, Walmart unexpectedly ceased online sales of the Bushmaster assault rifle used by shooter Adam Lanza, though its unclear how long the moratorium will last.
Dick's Sporting Goods, another major retailer of sporting rifles, said in a statement this morning that it would be suspending the sale of semiautomatic rifles in all stores nationwide for an indefinite period of time.
Assault rifle used during Sandy Hook massacre
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5755941...
(CBS News) NEWTON, Conn.- It's still unclear what -- if any -- connection suspected gunman Adam Lanza's mother had to Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of the mass murder on Friday. But we do know the weapons Adam Lanza used to kill his victims came from her home.
As new details emerge, the scope of the horror expands. Lanza apparently sprayed two classrooms at the school with relentless fire from a semi-automatic assault rifle.
It was a massacre, and most of the victims were first-graders. Autopsies on the bodies of the children reveal that many, if not all, had been shot multiple times.
"I only did seven of the autopsies," medical examiner Wayne Carver said. "The victims I had ranged from three to 11 wounds a piece, and I only saw two of them with close-range shooting."
Investigators believe most of the bullets came from a Bushmaster .223 assault rifle. It was one of four guns Lanza took from the home he shared with his mother after he shot and killed her.
Sources say he left one gun in his car and forced his way into the school carrying the assault rifle in his hands and two semi-automatic pistols in the dark military-style cargo pants he was wearing.
Well, OA, post 59914 from NBC says just the opposite. I suppose we will have to wait for the official autopsy report. Oh, it's a "long gun", not an assault rifle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••