Paula Deen opening restaurant in Pige...

Paula Deen opening restaurant in Pigeon Forge

There are 18 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Feb 26, 2014, titled Paula Deen opening restaurant in Pigeon Forge. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

Hazmat crews, firefighters and drug task force officers were all on scene Wednesday morning of a mobile home fire in Rockwood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

stand out

Sevierville, TN

#1 Mar 1, 2014
more jobs
happy girl

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2014
This is great news. I love that dear lady. Go Paula glad your here.
Turkey Buzzard

Brighton, TN

#3 Mar 6, 2014
where in PF?
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Turkey Buzzard wrote:
where in PF?
the island
Red green

New Tazewell, TN

#5 Mar 8, 2014
Yuck with a capital Y.
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#6 Mar 8, 2014
good southern cooking.that will probably be fixed by Hispanic people lol.
stand down

Kodak, TN

#7 Mar 10, 2014
More dead end minimum wage dead end jobs slopping the tourist pigs
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#8 Mar 10, 2014
stand down wrote:
most jobs at the island start out at $8.50 to $9 an hour.not a lot.but more than minimum wage.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#9 Mar 19, 2014
stand down wrote:
Minimum wage jobs are to keep your head above water while you better yourself to qualify for something better. Most people make these jobs a stopping off point to something better, not a final destination. If all you qualify for is the min wage jobs, that's your fault either from your ability, or lack of it, or something on your past work history.
Marcy

United States

#10 Mar 20, 2014
They're called "entry level" jobs for a reason.
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#11 Mar 21, 2014
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Minimum wage jobs are to keep your head above water while you better yourself to qualify for something better. Most people make these jobs a stopping off point to something better, not a final destination. If all you qualify for is the min wage jobs, that's your fault either from your ability, or lack of it, or something on your past work history.
you don't live in sevier county do you?it is different here.nearly every job here pays around minimum wage.with no benefites.i know people with college degrees working in retail...as associates.the p.f.police start out at 19,000 a year.with no retirement.it does not matter what you qualify for or your ability or your past work history.
formerKCSD

Sevierville, TN

#12 Apr 9, 2014
stand out wrote:
<quoted text>you don't live in sevier county do you?it is different here.nearly every job here pays around minimum wage.with no benefites.i know people with college degrees working in retail...as associates.the p.f.police start out at 19,000 a year.with no retirement.it does not matter what you qualify for or your ability or your past work history.
I'm sorry I am pretty sure your wrong about the starting Salary for P.F police, Most "Post" Certified officers start at over $26.000, plus they get off duty work for $15-20 bucks an hour, most Certified officers make over $34-$36.000 yearly. In Knox County a jailer can start over $29,000, with just having a clean record, and high school diploma. I made $15,500 back in 1988, after 4 years with department. I remember Sevier County, it was like Mayberry( Andy Griffin) and Carmen Townsend was Sheriff, the singing Sheriff, he was a good man, but Sevier County did underpay their officers, hell they had to buy all their equipment, radios, gun, all they got was the "Barney Fife", uniform, but I made more than the Tennessee State Trooper's, they started around $12,000 a year in 1987-1988
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#13 Apr 12, 2014
formerKCSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I am pretty sure your wrong about the starting Salary for P.F police, Most "Post" Certified officers start at over $26.000, plus they get off duty work for $15-20 bucks an hour, most Certified officers make over $34-$36.000 yearly. In Knox County a jailer can start over $29,000, with just having a clean record, and high school diploma. I made $15,500 back in 1988, after 4 years with department. I remember Sevier County, it was like Mayberry( Andy Griffin) and Carmen Townsend was Sheriff, the singing Sheriff, he was a good man, but Sevier County did underpay their officers, hell they had to buy all their equipment, radios, gun, all they got was the "Barney Fife", uniform, but I made more than the Tennessee State Trooper's, they started around $12,000 a year in 1987-1988
I talked with a couple from Indiana last year that had planned on moving here.her husband had something like 12 years police experience.he checked on a job at pigeon forge police dept.they told him they start at 19,000 a year.they have no retirement?i was glad they checked on jobs and the pay before they moved here.i know people who didn't that live in hotels and ride bicycles to work.
Wondering

Benton, KY

#14 Jul 17, 2014
When is it opening
stand out

Sevierville, TN

#15 Jul 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
When is it opening
I heard late sept. early oct.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#16 Jul 18, 2014
If the prices are anything like Dick's and Margaritaville, expect to shell out some serious money at Paula's just so you can say you ate there.. The food at those other places is good but not worth the prices charged. The trendy places don't really care if you come back. They just want to get all the tourists in there ONCE and they will make it.
Trip Advisor

Kodak, TN

#17 Jul 19, 2014
The sales tax rate in the Pigeon Forge redneck ghetto is 11.75% for you stupid Baptist morons who want to get robbed there. Pigeon Forge has a higher crime and drug abuse rate than Atlanta, Detroit and Memphis.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#18 Jul 19, 2014
Trip Advisor wrote:
The sales tax rate in the Pigeon Forge redneck ghetto is 11.75% for you stupid Baptist morons who want to get robbed there. Pigeon Forge has a higher crime and drug abuse rate than Atlanta, Detroit and Memphis.
Well Sugah, that lil' ole plate of fried chinkin' and butter drippin' taters "n" gravy will probably set you back twenty dollars plus two fifty for that sweet tea PLUS that nanner puddin' for desert so at 11.75% tax, Paula will be loading up the local coffers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OUR STORIES: The legendary life of Knoxville's ... (Mar '07) 8 min Redeemed 50
giving head 13 min Forget It 3
Free cell phones at Goodwill 6 hr Inspector 10
McGhee Tyson Airport baggage claim 8 hr Jilly Rizzo 2
Heath Babb 8 hr verstop 106
News Winkler trial not the only thing in Selmer (Apr '07) Dec '15 exo 13
News Wreck sends 2 out by Lifestar (Jul '15) Jul '15 Conerned 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages