Eric Cantor: Don't Ask for Help, Just Buy Earthquake Insurance

Aug 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: American Prospect Online

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, a noted opponent of federal spending, has come out against deficit-funded federal aid for his district in Virginia, despite Republican Governor Bob McDonald's request for said aid.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
PawandMaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

What a jerk...I wish I was in Mineral when the traveling dog and pony show rolled into town.
Robin Hood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

I can only assume that Cantor owns an insurance company, or gets large campaign contributions from the insurance industry. Or maybe?.....naw, nobody is that stupid.
Lynda Lerum

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2011

You don't have a clue do you? Just because you have tons of money and can take an earthquake hit or hurricane hit and rebuild, what ever the case may be, others, that have taken life hits are not able to rebuild. Who raised you for God's sake? All I can say what goes around, comes around and I hope you get yours. And what is worse you won't even read this. You dumbass, you!
Lynda Lerum, Minneapolis MN
Dieter Zerressen

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

I'm a reader from Denver interested in what the locals think about their Representative Eric Cantor after he basically told you can all go to h*ll before you'll get any federal aid for earthquake recovery efforts. How do you feel about Ron Paul? Are you folks finally seeing that these right wingers are not interested in you common folk but only in the rich corporations which give them campaign money? Please vote accordingly in 2012.
strait talk

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Well folks, looks as if old Eric Cantor thinks you should do without federal help. nope old eirc sure sure is not any help to the citizens of virginia. How inthe world can a man you have elected by choice, have put your faith in to look out for the good of you Virginians, gave him a fine job, then turns around and shuts you off from the aid aid that fema gives to every citizen and state in a time of need. He has spoken of neighbor, churches and charities looking our for each other--is he not your neighbor? From what I have seen and heard from him and his opinion of help from fema and saying no--I guess he is not one of your neighbors. But we have a lot of tea baggers like him in the world.oo Luck and GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU IN YOUR TIME OF NEED. cAUSE YOU SURE ARE GOING TO NEED IT WITH eRIC cANTOR REPRESENTING YOU. hAVE A NICE DAY.
strait talk

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

i DO NOT THINK YOU FOLKS ARE RICH ENOUGH TO BE ON HIS AGENDA. BUT MAYBE HE WILL do a little listening if you have a large campaign donation for him and slip into his office thirough the back door for some personnal tax write offs. Nope, that will not work because most of you are like the rest of us--have to work for a living. Sorry about your problems--one question will you vote for ERIC CANTOrR next election time??? Bet you %cent he gets re-elected.People have short memories you know. GOD BLESS
jdenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Sadly, this does not surprise me. Eric Cantor, the sniveling little snot that he is, does not care for the poor and victims of disasters. He would much rather take money from "entitlements" and education to pay for disaster relief than to take one penny from the rich and big business. He is holding relief funding hostage to add more misery to the poor and unemployed. They have a special place in Hell for the likes of Mr. Cantor. The Virginia voters are insane if they give this SOB another term.
pappy

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Ido believe Eric Cantor wil be elected agin, afterall he is a Robin Hood in reverse. Takes from the poor and gives to the rich. And the rich will take good care of him as he is doing with his rich donors. His constiurns has short memories as all politicians know. Dam ,aren't people dumb or what? But I can tell you one thing if Rick Perry gets elected you willl have the equal of 3 eric Cantors and will be wanting George W. Bush back. Double bad there.
pappy

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

After the earth quake and the hurricane hitting the EAST COAST I would think the banks are worried about how many homes were damaged and had no hurrican or quake insurance on them as home owners covers neith one. I wonder how many damaged residences and other buildings with loans wioll be abandoned by the buyers and left to the banks to be foreclosed on by the banks. Recon we may have to offer them another bailout and eric Cantor will be the first to offer the bailout to them? How many of you folks has the money to repair your homes and businesses that was damaged by the hurricanand Quake?
cjrian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

pappy wrote:
Ido believe Eric Cantor wil be elected agin, afterall he is a Robin Hood in reverse. Takes from the poor and gives to the rich. And the rich will take good care of him as he is doing with his rich donors. His constiurns has short memories as all politicians know. Dam ,aren't people dumb or what? But I can tell you one thing if Rick Perry gets elected you willl have the equal of 3 eric Cantors and will be wanting George W. Bush back. Double bad there.
Did you ever even read Robin Hood? And if you did, did you understand it? Robin Hood did not srteal from anyone. He took back what the imposter government had stolen to begin with, and returned it to the rightful owners.

Yeah SOME people ARE dumb.
Speaking of which - what are "constiurns"?
Did you maybe mean Constituents?
jdenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever even read Robin Hood? And if you did, did you understand it? Robin Hood did not srteal from anyone. He took back what the imposter government had stolen to begin with, and returned it to the rightful owners.
Yeah SOME people ARE dumb.
Speaking of which - what are "constiurns"?
Did you maybe mean Constituents?
Cjrian, you are a pompous, arrogant ass. You must be an Eric Cantor supporter. You're definitely a conservative.

Speaking of which - what is "srteal"?
Did you maybe mean steal?
russ

Cullen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

eric cantor sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisa Discussions

Search the Louisa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 6 hr Hoolio 2,539
Officer James Wed freedom14 1
Review: Chambers Training Academy (Dec '13) Jul 3 Sara 3
$100....driver in town for a few hours looking ... Jun 25 driver0323 2
Review: Bailey, Ryan M DDS - Ryan M Bailey DDS (Jun '10) Jun 18 Paininthetooth 7
Ken Tyler Jun 13 Woodrow George 1
Moving to Fredericksburg , VA Jun 13 Sunshine 1
•••
•••
•••
Louisa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000