Fair Funding for Sex Crime Control - ...

Fair Funding for Sex Crime Control - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Fair Funding for Sex Crime Control - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A statewide initiative aimed at nabbing child sexual predators is so successful, some state lawmakers want more money for it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

lynn

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 7, 2012
The wood dwelling back packers that live around Pantops Mountain feature some well known local sex offenders. Their big cardboard sign asking for money and their dog make them easy to spot.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 7, 2012
If the program is working they should make it larger to help catch more of the dirt bags!
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 7, 2012
I'm all for catching these dirt bags and putting them in the slammer but not when it means taking a cop off the beat to sit behind a screen when he should be out cracking a few drug dealer heads, OH, but that would mean real work.
Gallowsman

Newport, NH

#4 Feb 8, 2012
What I find really interesting is out of the 300 so called "Pedophiles" caught not one was a Registered *ex Offender or even individuals with histories of this behavior much less arrested before. I recall several being Police Officers and a few teachers and Politicians,a lot of college students and just plain old John Q. Citizens, but NO REGISTERED *EX OFFENDERS. Maybe we need to start a Registry for them? Anyway it seems what I have been reading and hearing that Registered *ex Offenders are the least likely to re-offend or even commit another crime makes me think these Politicians are just trying to scare the Taxpayers to cough up more money so they can waste billions on a problem that does not exist. Checkout SOSEN for some real eye opening information.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 8, 2012
lynn wrote:
The wood dwelling back packers that live around Pantops Mountain feature some well known local sex offenders. Their big cardboard sign asking for money and their dog make them easy to spot.
Wytheville, and don't forget chugging the 40oz at the Lucky Seven!
ChildAdvocate

Sterling Heights, MI

#6 Feb 9, 2012
Bogus. While I believe it's reasonable to expect repercussions for some sex offenders in the area, if you cozy up to the local sheriffs office in Louisa county and the town of Louisa and friend the CA on Facebook and even drive around unlicensed to deliver SUB sandwiches manufactured in your "deli" (that you skipped out on and owe many vendors thousands of dollars) you will never be prosecuted. It would almost be funny, if there were not an entire family of children suffering from the trauma they endured daily.#LCSOisaJOKE
ChildAdvocate

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Feb 9, 2012
^^^^^^ in addition, I have a hard time swallowing any law enforcement agency unwilling to take action on such blatant violations of the law, due to their personal relationship with the suspects, walking around with their hands held out, wanting more money....!? For what exactly? To continue to pay officers to make cameo appearances at the business establishments of sexual predators and had out pencils, rulers, and pamphlets with the sherriffs office logo? Or maybe it's to pay their officers to hang out and eat hot dogs and pay corn hole with these same predators. Laughable. Let's contribute any monies to fund real police work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
all the hoes in fredericksburg (Nov '13) Jul 17 hoeshoeshoes 4
expose 540/Fredericksburg hoes Jul 17 hoeshoeshoes 6
Unsatisfactory living conditions at Fluvanna pr... Jun 28 Will S 1
Mark apts Jun 27 Mark gym 1
Michael Rodgers jr 5-year-old boy who died fro... (Aug '12) Jun '17 Eldest Step-Brother 7
News Lake Anna is sprouting (Apr '10) Jun '17 Goingtolakeanna 27
lidl May '17 Beeney 1

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages