Four Arrested in Louisa County Football Field Vandalism - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Louisa County High School reported that their football field was vandalized overnight September 1-2, 2011.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 13, 2011
 
I feel sorry for the kids at Louisa who have to see that mess. Kids these days obviously have no respect for anything.
Madison Supports

Madison, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Honestly,
The only people that are being truly immature about this whole situation is the parents in Louisa. Think about it, all of your children don't give a damn if those boys spray painted the field. 10 hours later, it washed off and everything was fine again. It was a mistake and people aren't perfect, they were just looking for a little fun. If they thought that was fun, then so be it. But sometimes fun comes with consequences. No, I'm not saying they should completely get off the hook with this situation but what they are going through right now should not be happening. All they should have to do because of this is like 24 hours of community service or something, it's not a big deal. It was SPRAY PAINT. If it was so illegal to spray paint things, then why sell it? People have been spray painting for years and using it most of the time to vandalize things, so if now it's such a big deal then make spray paint illegal. Seriously, people need to grow up one day and all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal. The treatment that parents and some students are giving to these boys is ridiculous, what would you want people saying if you went through this? Everyone was a kid once and everyone did something bad at one point. Of course they aren't gonna be perfect kids, they're in high school. Now, they can't even go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Parents-- how would you feel if that was your kid out there spray painting fields? You wouldn't want other parents talking about your kid , because you know your kid isn't perfect. So everyone just needs to take a step back, and really think. Grow up.
-One of the victims girlfriends.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Madison Supports wrote:
Honestly,
The only people that are being truly immature about this whole situation is the parents in Louisa. Think about it, all of your children don't give a **** if those boys spray painted the field. 10 hours later, it washed off and everything was fine again. It was a mistake and people aren't perfect, they were just looking for a little fun. If they thought that was fun, then so be it. But sometimes fun comes with consequences. No, I'm not saying they should completely get off the hook with this situation but what they are going through right now should not be happening. All they should have to do because of this is like 24 hours of community service or something, it's not a big deal. It was SPRAY PAINT. If it was so illegal to spray paint things, then why sell it? People have been spray painting for years and using it most of the time to vandalize things, so if now it's such a big deal then make spray paint illegal. Seriously, people need to grow up one day and all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal. The treatment that parents and some students are giving to these boys is ridiculous, what would you want people saying if you went through this? Everyone was a kid once and everyone did something bad at one point. Of course they aren't gonna be perfect kids, they're in high school. Now, they can't even go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Parents-- how would you feel if that was your kid out there spray painting fields? You wouldn't want other parents talking about your kid , because you know your kid isn't perfect. So everyone just needs to take a step back, and really think. Grow up.
-One of the victims girlfriends.
Apply your reasoning to the gun debate...doesn't hold water anymore
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Sep 14, 2011
 
Madison Supports wrote:
Honestly,
The only people that are being truly immature about this whole situation is the parents in Louisa. Think about it, all of your children don't give a **** if those boys spray painted the field. 10 hours later, it washed off and everything was fine again. It was a mistake and people aren't perfect, they were just looking for a little fun. If they thought that was fun, then so be it. But sometimes fun comes with consequences. No, I'm not saying they should completely get off the hook with this situation but what they are going through right now should not be happening. All they should have to do because of this is like 24 hours of community service or something, it's not a big deal. It was SPRAY PAINT. If it was so illegal to spray paint things, then why sell it? People have been spray painting for years and using it most of the time to vandalize things, so if now it's such a big deal then make spray paint illegal. Seriously, people need to grow up one day and all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal. The treatment that parents and some students are giving to these boys is ridiculous, what would you want people saying if you went through this? Everyone was a kid once and everyone did something bad at one point. Of course they aren't gonna be perfect kids, they're in high school. Now, they can't even go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Parents-- how would you feel if that was your kid out there spray painting fields? You wouldn't want other parents talking about your kid , because you know your kid isn't perfect. So everyone just needs to take a step back, and really think. Grow up.
-One of the victims girlfriends.
Further clarification...It isn't ILLEGAL to spray paint things, just as isn't ILLEGAL to fire a weapon, but it IS illegal to use either to commit a crime. There are many uses for both items, but misuse of either has consequences. Would YOU make a "big deal" out of it if they spray painted your house? your car? your dog? Or SHOT at your house, your car, your dog...See where this is going? You need to mature a bit more young lady. I understand you are too close to the situation to be objective. If my kids were "out there spary painting fields" I'd be the first one to "dress them down" and have them realize the consequences of their actions...but my kids all made it through high school and graduated without having to resort to foolish pranks to "have fun".
BTW, do you think it's a bad thing that "all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal."? Have YOU learned that "most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal"? I hope so, or you will find yourself facing the same situation.
Over the LAME excuses

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Madison Supports wrote:
Honestly,
The only people that are being truly immature about this whole situation is the parents in Louisa. Think about it, all of your children don't give a **** if those boys spray painted the field. 10 hours later, it washed off and everything was fine again. It was a mistake and people aren't perfect, they were just looking for a little fun. If they thought that was fun, then so be it. But sometimes fun comes with consequences. No, I'm not saying they should completely get off the hook with this situation but what they are going through right now should not be happening. All they should have to do because of this is like 24 hours of community service or something, it's not a big deal. It was SPRAY PAINT. If it was so illegal to spray paint things, then why sell it? People have been spray painting for years and using it most of the time to vandalize things, so if now it's such a big deal then make spray paint illegal. Seriously, people need to grow up one day and all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal. The treatment that parents and some students are giving to these boys is ridiculous, what would you want people saying if you went through this? Everyone was a kid once and everyone did something bad at one point. Of course they aren't gonna be perfect kids, they're in high school. Now, they can't even go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Parents-- how would you feel if that was your kid out there spray painting fields? You wouldn't want other parents talking about your kid , because you know your kid isn't perfect. So everyone just needs to take a step back, and really think. Grow up.
-One of the victims girlfriends.
You little girl....are the one that needs to grow up! Crime comes with punishment....you should have already been taught that at your age and so should your boyfriend......and how dare you speak to what my children or other children in Louisa County feel about this and say they don't care.....you don't know them....I am sure that there are some who do feel that way.....and I am sure there are most that were extrememly hurt at the time but have moved past it and are no longer thinking of it.....that doesn't mean they don't think they should be punished either.....and besides all of that, it is not for them, or YOU, or ME to decide....when you commit a crime....courts decide your punishmnet....as in a judge....do I need to go slower for you to understand how it works since you obviously have not been taught?

What exactly do you mean by "Now they can't go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal of this? It is your argument that kids don't care and think it was just a fun thing to do anyway....so there should be no problem there......and if you are saying that they have received some type of suspension or something due to their criminal actions....1) They deserve it & 2)The prinicipal of OCHS said that diciplinary action would be taken by the school if it was anyone that attended there, the day after the incident happened....look it up in the many news stories from then...so how would anything anyone would be saying on a post like this have any bearing? It doesn't.....as I said, it's not my choice....or yours....so get over yourself and support your boyfriend as he deals with the consequenses of HIS actions.....and do a little bit of that growing up you're talking about because you need it!
SMH

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 15, 2011
 
Madison Supports wrote:
-One of the victims girlfriends.
Victims? Seriously? Do they not teach you children anything about crime and punishment in Orange and Madison counties? This is truly hysterical and I am just starting to feel sorrier for you young people and where your lives are headed with comments like these.....good luck to you anyway....

Since: Sep 11

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Sep 16, 2011
 
I'm very sad for these kids and their families. One stupid decision and this will quite possibly follow them for life.

Since: Sep 11

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Sep 16, 2011
 
Madison Supports wrote:
Honestly,
The only people that are being truly immature about this whole situation is the parents in Louisa. Think about it, all of your children don't give a **** if those boys spray painted the field. 10 hours later, it washed off and everything was fine again. It was a mistake and people aren't perfect, they were just looking for a little fun. If they thought that was fun, then so be it. But sometimes fun comes with consequences. No, I'm not saying they should completely get off the hook with this situation but what they are going through right now should not be happening. All they should have to do because of this is like 24 hours of community service or something, it's not a big deal. It was SPRAY PAINT. If it was so illegal to spray paint things, then why sell it? People have been spray painting for years and using it most of the time to vandalize things, so if now it's such a big deal then make spray paint illegal. Seriously, people need to grow up one day and all this is doing to these kids is making them realize that they are adults now and they do need to realize that most things out there that kids now a days think is fun, is illegal. The treatment that parents and some students are giving to these boys is ridiculous, what would you want people saying if you went through this? Everyone was a kid once and everyone did something bad at one point. Of course they aren't gonna be perfect kids, they're in high school. Now, they can't even go back to school because everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Parents-- how would you feel if that was your kid out there spray painting fields? You wouldn't want other parents talking about your kid , because you know your kid isn't perfect. So everyone just needs to take a step back, and really think. Grow up.
-One of the victims girlfriends.
...and you'll look back on this 10 years from now and say "WOW, I can't believe I dated this loser, WHAT WAS I THINKING"???
corey oakes

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Sep 18, 2011
 
this is corey one of the 4 boys from orange county high school.. I really didn't think it would be a big deal and I didn't think it was going to go as far as it did that night it got out of hand and my friends did more then what we planed to do . I play for orange....well did play for orange.. and I've worked so hard to get where I was with football haveing teams looking at me and I've lost it all getting roped. In to doing that stupid stuff. I've lost so much over a can of paint. And I'm not even the one that wanted to do it .it was just sapost to be a joke before our game the next day. Becouse they taged our the year before. It was dumb of us even to go but we didn't think it would go to this. I had no clue that they lost the high school . If I did I wouldn't of did it. Believe me I've lost everything. My football my 12 grade year 25 hours of cs andthats not even started with court yet somthing so small and dumb has messed up my life I'm a good kid I don't get in trouble I live for football and my schooling. And becouse I let one of my fellow teammates talk me in to doing this I have to live with this for the rest of my life thiniking where I could of been with football.. and he's the one who told everyone and turned him self in and he's not even getting in any trouble for it. You live and learn I messed up big time and I regret every bit of it ... I'm sorry to the lchs students and citesen of lc. I. Know what I've done is wrong . I'm sorry.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Sep 19, 2011
 
corey oakes wrote:
this is corey one of the 4 boys from orange county high school.. I really didn't think it would be a big deal and I didn't think it was going to go as far as it did that night it got out of hand and my friends did more then what we planed to do . I play for orange....well did play for orange.. and I've worked so hard to get where I was with football haveing teams looking at me and I've lost it all getting roped. In to doing that stupid stuff. I've lost so much over a can of paint. And I'm not even the one that wanted to do it .it was just sapost to be a joke before our game the next day. Becouse they taged our the year before. It was dumb of us even to go but we didn't think it would go to this. I had no clue that they lost the high school . If I did I wouldn't of did it. Believe me I've lost everything. My football my 12 grade year 25 hours of cs andthats not even started with court yet somthing so small and dumb has messed up my life I'm a good kid I don't get in trouble I live for football and my schooling. And becouse I let one of my fellow teammates talk me in to doing this I have to live with this for the rest of my life thiniking where I could of been with football.. and he's the one who told everyone and turned him self in and he's not even getting in any trouble for it. You live and learn I messed up big time and I regret every bit of it ... I'm sorry to the lchs students and citesen of lc. I. Know what I've done is wrong . I'm sorry.
Okay, Listen up:
Your lessons to be learned are;
Be your own man, don't "listen" to your "friends" (they're not very good "friends").
Pay more attention to current events by reading the paper, watching the news and put away the ipod/iphone/mP3 player.
Pay attention in school (especially english class), and don't hang you future on just "making it" in football.
Have a back up plan (like a trade/skill).
I will say you got one thing right: you have taken responsibility for your mistake. That's a step in the right direction. Good luck. Of the four of you, you are the only one who has my respect.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Sep 19, 2011
 
Sorry, I forgot the r in "your future". Typing too fast.
Brandon

Locust Grove, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Sep 19, 2011
 
Dear citizens of Louisa I am Brandon, one of the four boys who vandalized the football field. There is no excuse for what happened that night. I would like to apologize to the community and the students of Louisa. I am very disappointed in my behavior and would like to apologize for the embarrassment I have caused my parents And Orange County.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 20, 2011
 
Brandon wrote:
Dear citizens of Louisa I am Brandon, one of the four boys who vandalized the football field. There is no excuse for what happened that night. I would like to apologize to the community and the students of Louisa. I am very disappointed in my behavior and would like to apologize for the embarrassment I have caused my parents And Orange County.
Good Job! Let's hope your fellow compatriots learn and follow suit.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Sep 20, 2011
 
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>Good Job! Let's hope your fellow compatriots learn and follow suit.
Quite commendable, sir!
Louisa Parent

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Sep 21, 2011
 
Corey & Brandon---

I appreciate your apologies and will pass them along to my children. Though I feel for you for what you are going through, I still believe that whatever punishments the court and schools deem the necessary punishment are what is deserved as you did commit a crime....and by your own admission....things got out of hand and went further and damage was more extensive than expected.

With that said, I want to say that I think it is brave of you to come into a forum like this and post a sincere apology....minus all of the excuses some of the "so-called" adults have been posting and taking responsibilty for what you did. I know things will be rough for a while....but I hope that you will get through it the best you can and move on to much better things....I for one am praying for that for you both:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisa Discussions

Search the Louisa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Officer James 11 hr freedom14 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 6 babyface 2,535
Review: Chambers Training Academy (Dec '13) Jul 3 Sara 3
$100....driver in town for a few hours looking ... Jun 25 driver0323 2
Review: Bailey, Ryan M DDS - Ryan M Bailey DDS (Jun '10) Jun 18 Paininthetooth 7
Ken Tyler Jun 13 Woodrow George 1
Moving to Fredericksburg , VA Jun 13 Sunshine 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisa
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••