Four Arrested in Louisa County Footba...

Four Arrested in Louisa County Football Field Vandalism - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp...

There are 55 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 2, 2011, titled Four Arrested in Louisa County Football Field Vandalism - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Louisa County High School reported that their football field was vandalized overnight September 1-2, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sadmomma

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 9, 2011
What could these young men have been thinking??? Now their lives have a roadblock on them because these are probably felonies. they will now have criminal records that will follow them the rest of their lives. so sad.
Taylor

United States

#2 Sep 9, 2011
You might be a redneck..
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Sep 9, 2011
Hope you're all proud of yourselves. Stupid, immature prank, and now you've ruined your lives.

Even the military would be unlikely to take them now -- they're over their recruitment goals & would rather have a college graduate than a discipline case.
Lonnie

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Sep 9, 2011
Gru wrote:
Hope you're all proud of yourselves. Stupid, immature prank, and now you've ruined your lives.
Even the military would be unlikely to take them now -- they're over their recruitment goals & would rather have a college graduate than a discipline case.
Seriously, Ruined lives? This is the US Justice System we're talking about. A year from now these kids will bare no legal burden from this incident. Sad but true.

Good news though...I'm sure there are more than a few Louisa residents discussing how to, make this a more memorable experience, for the boys!
It is All in the Wrist

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 9, 2011
I think they've just embarked on a bright career as painters!
OrangeFools

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Sep 9, 2011
I hope their bank account can handle what a lawyer is gonna cost. Tar and feather these clowns!
cinderella

Orange, VA

#7 Sep 9, 2011
What a bunch of douche bags.
bob in the hook

United States

#8 Sep 9, 2011
Introduce them at the Louisa game tonight.Then leave.
Misdemeanor

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Sep 9, 2011
sadmomma wrote:
What could these young men have been thinking??? Now their lives have a roadblock on them because these are probably felonies. they will now have criminal records that will follow them the rest of their lives. so sad.
Nope, misdemeanors.

18.2-137 Destroy property less than $1,000 value

----------

18.2-137. Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.

A. If any person unlawfully destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal any property, real or personal, not his own, or breaks down, destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal, any monument or memorial for war veterans described in 15.2-1812, any monument erected for the purpose of marking the site of any engagement fought during the War between the States, or for the purpose of designating the boundaries of any city, town, tract of land, or any tree marked for that purpose, he shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor; provided that the court may, in its discretion, dismiss the charge if the locality or organization responsible for maintaining the injured property, monument, or memorial files a written affidavit with the court stating it has received full payment for the injury.

B. If any person intentionally causes such injury, he shall be guilty of (i) a Class 1 misdemeanor if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is less than $1,000 or (ii) a Class 6 felony if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is $1,000 or more. The amount of loss caused by the destruction, defacing, damage or removal of such property, memorial or monument may be established by proof of the fair market cost of repair or fair market replacement value. Upon conviction, the court may order that the defendant pay restitution.

(Code 1950, 18.1-172; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15, 598; 1990, c. 933; 1999, c. 625.)
true dat

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 9, 2011
WOW, kids these days are so stupid!!! Geez, that's some great upbringing!
Louisa Parent

AOL

#11 Sep 9, 2011
Misdemeanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, misdemeanors.
18.2-137 Destroy property less than $1,000 value
----------
18.2-137. Injuring, etc., any property, monument, etc.
A. If any person unlawfully destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal any property, real or personal, not his own, or breaks down, destroys, defaces, damages or removes without the intent to steal, any monument or memorial for war veterans described in 15.2-1812, any monument erected for the purpose of marking the site of any engagement fought during the War between the States, or for the purpose of designating the boundaries of any city, town, tract of land, or any tree marked for that purpose, he shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor; provided that the court may, in its discretion, dismiss the charge if the locality or organization responsible for maintaining the injured property, monument, or memorial files a written affidavit with the court stating it has received full payment for the injury.
B. If any person intentionally causes such injury, he shall be guilty of (i) a Class 1 misdemeanor if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is less than $1,000 or (ii) a Class 6 felony if the value of or damage to the property, memorial or monument is $1,000 or more. The amount of loss caused by the destruction, defacing, damage or removal of such property, memorial or monument may be established by proof of the fair market cost of repair or fair market replacement value. Upon conviction, the court may order that the defendant pay restitution.
(Code 1950, 18.1-172; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15, 598; 1990, c. 933; 1999, c. 625.)
Just curious because I honestly don't know......doesn't this say that it is a Class 6 felony if the value is more than $1000? Has the value been posted anywhere?
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Sep 9, 2011
OrangeFools wrote:
I hope their bank account can handle what a lawyer is gonna cost. Tar and feather these clowns!
Hold on to your wallet, OrangeFools, as they will no doubt opt for a public defender and we'll all pay -- again.
BAN

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Sep 9, 2011
I think the vandalizers should have to clean up the mess they created and pay for any cost incurred. Perhaps this would deter them from doing this again in the future.
Liberal

Keene, VA

#14 Sep 9, 2011
Hard core criminals???? I think not! Just a childish prank. What's next, the electric chair for tping a house on haloween???
CvillePatriotic

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Sep 9, 2011
Disillusioned wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on to your wallet, OrangeFools, as they will no doubt opt for a public defender and we'll all pay -- again.
Your implication being that we shouldn't pay for public defenders. What about people who can't afford a lawyer? They just shouldn't get one? That's called UNCONSTITUTIONAL... go take a class or two before you continue spouting your ridiculous Tea-Bagger crap. I swear... you all are the most uninformed, uneducated hicks I've ever seen.
Maybe

Ferrum, VA

#17 Sep 9, 2011
Lonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously, Ruined lives? This is the US Justice System we're talking about. A year from now these kids will bare no legal burden from this incident. Sad but true.
Good news though...I'm sure there are more than a few Louisa residents discussing how to, make this a more memorable experience, for the boys!
Unless I'm mistaken, because they're over 18, they will have a misdemeanor or felony record for the remainder of their lives. They will have the affirmatively check the box asking if they've ever been arrested or convicted. Their lives are certainly not over, but when employers have an abundance of qualified workers applying for a diminishing supply of jobs, why not choose somebody who doesn't have a record.
Misdemeanor

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Sep 9, 2011
Louisa Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious because I honestly don't know......doesn't this say that it is a Class 6 felony if the value is more than $1000? Has the value been posted anywhere?
If you to the Virginia Court System web site and search Louisa General District Court records, they have been charged with a misdemeanor, value less than $1,000.
Louisa Parent

AOL

#19 Sep 9, 2011
Misdemeanor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you to the Virginia Court System web site and search Louisa General District Court records, they have been charged with a misdemeanor, value less than $1,000.
Thanks for your reply!
Misdemeanor

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Sep 9, 2011
You're welcome.

I probably should have explained how I knew they were charged on a value of less than $1,000.
Ill

Wirtz, VA

#21 Sep 9, 2011
It's woth bearing in mind that these kids haven't been found guilty of anything yet. Police were obviously keen to find whoever was responsible. The court decides if they got the right kids, not NBC.

If these were the kids, I suspect they'll have more to fear from their parents than from the courts. Per the code above, it looks like they can pay restitution and, if Louisa are gracious enough and the court agrees, the charges can be dismissed.

I'd imagine as the parents are probably incurring lawyers fees and trying to find $1,000 to send to Louisa, these kids are probably facing the music at home and will be for quite some time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) 7 hr martin garey 11
Steve, Tina or Mike Smith Apr 7 Curious 3
DEA Downtown Mar '16 Tamara zoo 1
Michael Rodgers jr 5-year-old boy who died fro... (Aug '12) Mar '16 minnieT 5
News Firefighters Rush Girl to Hospital, Get Punished Mar '16 Parden Pard 5
Vote For Donald Trump Feb '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Va. county seeks dismissal of Walmart challenge... (Feb '10) Feb '16 Sam 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages