Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Who made up the twelve page lesson plans for teachers? It must have been someone who doesn't have to do lesson plans. When are the teachers going to teach?
cassie

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

I can guarantee it was someone who was in the classroom as short a time as possible, went straight into administration, and hasn't work in a classroom for years. Oh, wait, that's everyone in the central office. Make them teach one class every year and use their own BS paperwork. It would all change real quick.
wondring

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

when have they ever taught
Teacher

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

It took me 5 hours to complete the 12 page lesson plans. I work very hard at school and then I have to go home and take care of my own children. Who ever came up with this must not have a family or a life. The teachers need to get together and show up at the next board meeting to voice our opinion. We are suppose to be teaching not doing all of this paperwork. I think we teachers should get a raise instead of some at the board office. I bet if they were teachers they would be complaining.
Another teacher

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Mike says they will help but Mike doesn't have to do it.Let's walk out and get rid of Mr. Brain Armstrong.
Question

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Why not just change schools or careers? There is no money in teaching anyway. You spend all that time and money going to college and teach for less than minimum wage when you count the hours spent in your profession, you can't live on what most of you make without a companion that has a big income to support you and the household. I totally discourage anyone from going into teaching, it is the most unappreciated job and when they do away with tenure and they will thats just around the corner now, you will have no job security and if you hang on long enough to retire you can't live off of what you draw. Kick it to the curb and when they can't find teachers the profession will once again become the appreciated job it once was.
smh

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

I was a teacher and it was the best job I ever had. The hardest part was becoming a teacher, but it was easy after that. Stop complaining and be glad you have a great job.
Owl

Flatgap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

smh try teaching now and then talk to me.
Missy

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

smh wrote:
I was a teacher and it was the best job I ever had. The hardest part was becoming a teacher, but it was easy after that. Stop complaining and be glad you have a great job.
You must have taught in the 60's or 70's.Try it now.
smh

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

I am recently retired.
Cassandra says

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

I did not go to the board meeting Monday night but I was told that she said the teachers love the new lesson plan that it is perfect. How would she know? She sure did not ask the teachers at LEES and LWES. I was also told that she never did a lesson plan in her life and that she was only a teacher for 2 years and was a lousy one at that. She was always letting the students have free days so she could do her homework for her college classes. Why is it that Lawrence Co. is constantly putting incompetent people in charge? Could someone please explain this to the general public?
smh

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Lets leave the hearsay out of this and stick to that which we know is true.
someone who knows

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Judged:

Ive taught in four different districts due to relocations. LC being one of them. Ive always loved and enjoyed my job, even though it was difficult...Until LC. SMH, you just dont get it. It isnt just a "little paper work" its impossible amounts to get done...impossible. No matter how hard you try, you will never ever get it done. There is a limit, and as a good teacher, I call a teaching job "good" when I can teach my students, and meet my responsibilities instead of spending hours filling out sheets of paper that no one looks at anyway, plus if you really are a good teacher, lesson plans get altered DAILY....because you adjust based on what your students need... with this idiocy you would need a personal assistant to keep up with the paper work
They dont give a Damn

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Judged:

someone who knows wrote:
Ive taught in four different districts due to relocations. LC being one of them. Ive always loved and enjoyed my job, even though it was difficult...Until LC. SMH, you just dont get it. It isnt just a "little paper work" its impossible amounts to get done...impossible. No matter how hard you try, you will never ever get it done. There is a limit, and as a good teacher, I call a teaching job "good" when I can teach my students, and meet my responsibilities instead of spending hours filling out sheets of paper that no one looks at anyway, plus if you really are a good teacher, lesson plans get altered DAILY....because you adjust based on what your students need... with this idiocy you would need a personal assistant to keep up with the paper work
Wow you are exactly right. My husband is just about ready to wage war on all of the paper work I'm having to do. And the sad thing is it is in no way impacting my students' education. I told my husband what you said about needing a personal assistant and he totally agrees. I have tenure now but the teachers in this county have told me horror stories of how vindictive the present administration is. I really thought the leaders were nice and good people but I'm finding out I was wrong. I have been told that the only way it will prove is to vote against the present board members. I'm pretty sure my brother and his family will be voting for the Shannon man because his wife used to be a teacher. And my family will be voting for the Cassidy guy because he has kids in school. Does anyone know why the Robinson and See man run every time? I have been told that they do not have children and grandchildren in the system? So what are their motives? It sure is not education. They don't give a damn about the kids and they really don't give a damn about the teachers and staff. If they did I have a personal assistant.
shucks

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

They dont give a Damn wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you are exactly right. My husband is just about ready to wage war on all of the paper work I'm having to do. And the sad thing is it is in no way impacting my students' education. I told my husband what you said about needing a personal assistant and he totally agrees. I have tenure now but the teachers in this county have told me horror stories of how vindictive the present administration is. I really thought the leaders were nice and good people but I'm finding out I was wrong. I have been told that the only way it will prove is to vote against the present board members. I'm pretty sure my brother and his family will be voting for the Shannon man because his wife used to be a teacher. And my family will be voting for the Cassidy guy because he has kids in school. Does anyone know why the Robinson and See man run every time? I have been told that they do not have children and grandchildren in the system? So what are their motives? It sure is not education. They don't give a damn about the kids and they really don't give a damn about the teachers and staff. If they did I have a personal assistant.
The Robinson guy DOES have a child in school...junior in high school. He has a business and is a plumber M & M Plumbing.
shucks

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

My bad..you are talking about the lady Barb. No she doesn't have a child in school. But the other gentleman running against the Preston guy is Jerry "Robertson". Just my misunderstanding.
needin a life

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

smh wrote:
When did you teach? The fifties?
Lil Mikey

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Paperwork is just as important as teaching students. Why, if teachers didn't have all that paperwork, students might get educated. Educated students would never grow up and vote for a board that would support this central office.
Harassment

Lawrenceburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Twelve page lesson plans were made to just harass the teachers that they view as political enemies, or just don't like. Can anyone tell me of a top ten school that uses these lesson plans? How about a top 50 school?
Toni Cassandra

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

I have never heard so much controversy over a damn lesson plan. Everyone knows a lesson plan is to be written by and used by the teacher. It sounds to me like this is just a way to beat the shit out of a lowly teacher. The teachers need to throw that damn template in the garbage and then go kick some administration ass. The best way to do that is vote out the current board members.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Louisa Forum right now

Search the Louisa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 138,306
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr Boop 918
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr sPam 81,188
Home for rent 5 hr Tenants 5
Charles gray.....freak (Dec '09) 6 hr Old friend 9
Kayla Salyers (Jul '10) 6 hr Old friend 21
Edris Humphrey is going to apply for Supt? 10 hr Guilty by association 16
•••

Freeze Warning for Lawrence County was issued at April 16 at 3:54AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Louisa Dating