Lawrence County Legend

Lawrence County Legend

Posted in the Louisa Forum

L C History

Virgie, KY

#1 Feb 27, 2012
President Ted Walter advises that the fifth issue of Legends is about ready to go. He is waiting a few days to receive a sales tax exemption from the Kentucky Department of Revenue, which will save 6% on printing costs. Also, he hopes to have 250 members who have paid 2012 dues by the time he mails them out, as he will be able to use bulk mailing for charitable groups, which will save 50% or so on mailing expense, which will save the Society a great deal of money. If you have not sent in your 2012 dues, please do so right away, and if you know of someone who is interested in joining, please have them do so soon. Ted says the sixth issue should be ready about the time of our March meeting.

Victoria Moore needs your help in planning the Eastern Kentucky Genealogy Conference. If you can help in any way, please contact her at [email protected] . This conference will put our Society in the forefront of local genealogical and historical groups, and we should go out of our way to support it.
John David Preston, Secretary

(To subscribe, email Victoria at the email address above for more info. If you would like to take a look at the issues already released, visit the L C Public library.)

Thank You
Scarred

Hodgenville, KY

#2 Mar 2, 2012
What is this publication? My family is from Lawrence County. My grandmother is still with us and she is almost 98. I am interested in genealogy, I gather from this post , it is related to the subject. Thanks for any information!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next sheriff? 3 hr PlentyOFish 30
Shoting in louisa 6 hr Promise 8
Pole Homeschool? (Aug '15) 7 hr Someone 13
Jessica gilliam (Sep '15) Mon Jessica gilliam l... 4
Leslie Jones - wild woman Sun Willie Wipeout 3
Look at it. Aug 19 Bright Eyes 8
Meagan Robinson Aug 19 Superman 3

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance